Fun #1 Server - Pick options  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Convert Fun #1 Server - Pick options

• Jaymod - Single Jump
    • Nitmod - TDM
    • Nitmod - Map Voting
    • Keep as is. No change.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/18 at 09:49 AM

• Administrators

Let me know what you guys want. 

Little Info - With Nitmod TDM gameplay - It would be frag only server. Each team fights for frag. So if you are looking for frag only server with rating in mind, nitmod TDM is good option. It was added while we hosted Nitmod back in the days and I believe very less admins use it. 

• Like 4

I'd choose Nitmod with map voting. Nitmod was suggested quite a while ago and it looks pretty fun, so I'd definitely give it a go and help build it up. Map voting is better than Team Death Match because people can still play for kills and frags if they want to but the option to complete an objective is still there as well. TDM would get pretty boring especially when there's only bots. From experience when I play on a server with the majority being bots, I tend to play the objective because fragging bots alone gets boring pretty quickly. So TDM is only good on a full server but to get a full server ain't easy so safest bet is map voting. 

I'm assuming this is the server: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/178.63.72.165:27960/

It's pretty dead all the time so I think it's a good time to try something different. 

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

I'd choose Nitmod with map voting. Nitmod was suggested quite a while ago and it looks pretty fun, so I'd definitely give it a go and help build it up. Map voting is better than Team Death Match because people can still play for kills and frags if they want to but the option to complete an objective is still there as well. TDM would get pretty boring especially when there's only bots. From experience when I play on a server with the majority being bots, I tend to play the objective because fragging bots alone gets boring pretty quickly. So TDM is only good on a full server but to get a full server ain't easy so safest bet is map voting. 

Tons of server with obj play. TDM would bring all fraggers in one spot. No adren, single jump, no panzer, etc. It would be fun to have complete different game play style in whole ET. Might be tough but once words get out, tons of TB raters would join and since server is specifically for rating, no issues at all. Then they can't complain, panzer, artillery, etc etc. 

We already have obj server i.e. hardcore and nothing beats game play of it. Everyone fighting for one thing Obj. Then we got silent #1 with FF off and Beg #2 with double jump. 3 servers covers different obj game play. 

None exist for frag only. Just giving another perspective to think for. Could put on TB 3.00 for TB tracking as well so rating would be on. :) 

PS I personally like Jaymod 32 slot - Single Jump, No adren. 

• Like 2

39 minuti fa, temerario ha detto:

PS Personalmente preferisco lo slot Jaymod 32 - Single Jump, No adren. 

È passato 1 anno da quando gioco a Jay3, ho notato che nelle ore dalle 18.00 alle 24.00 UTC +1
il server è pieno di persone tutte con connessioni e ping eccellenti
e tutti i buoni giocatori possono ottenere un eccellente gioco di squadra
e una soddisfazione generale esagerata , ma sfortunatamente tutti pensano solo ad ottenere il maggior numero di uccisioni e accuratezza e quindi gratificano alla fine del gioco, hanno tutti dimenticato il vero scopo di questo gioco, che è stato creato dopo RTCW a  differenza di molti altri giochi precedenti, che è il "TEAMPLAY", non c'è praticamente nessun compagno, che usa la siringa per far rivivere, forse perché il tempo per tornare è troppo breve o forse perché pensano solo ad uccidere, nessuno manda il pacchetto medico, no lui fornisce munizioni e gli ingegneri non sono aiutati dai medici, sono lasciati al loro destino crudele.
Quindi penso che dopo questa riflessione, sia giusto creare un server TDM per l'uomo stupratore super-esperto
e lasciarlo a coloro che giocano veramente lo scopo di questo fantastico gioco tranquillamente nel server obj;
per questo motivo ho citato questa frase, preferisco le impostazioni di Jay1: nessuna adrenalina nessuna doppia arma, ma sono penalizzata dalla distanza del server, sarebbe utile avere 1 server con le stesse impostazioni in Europa per incontrare
i giocatori europei sarebbe molto popolato sono sicuro al 100%

Edited by JirenTV

• Platinum VIP
42 minutes ago, Cquattro said:
È passato 1 anno da quando gioco a Jay3, ho notato che nelle ore dalle 18.00 alle 24.00 UTC +1
e una soddisfazione generale esagerata , ma sfortunatamente tutti pensano solo ad ottenere il maggior numero di uccisioni e accuratezza e quindi gratificano alla fine del gioco, hanno tutti dimenticato il vero scopo di questo gioco, che è stato creato dopo RTCW a  differenza di molti altri giochi precedenti, che è il "TEAMPLAY", non c'è praticamente nessun compagno, che usa la siringa per far rivivere, forse perché il tempo per tornare è troppo breve o forse perché pensano solo ad uccidere, nessuno manda il pacchetto medico, no lui fornisce munizioni e gli ingegneri non sono aiutati dai medici, sono lasciati al loro destino crudele.
Quindi penso che dopo questa riflessione, sia giusto creare un server TDM per l'uomo stupratore super-esperto
e lasciarlo a coloro che giocano veramente lo scopo di questo fantastico gioco tranquillamente nel server obj;
per questo motivo ho citato questa frase, preferisco le impostazioni di Jay1: nessuna adrenalina nessuna doppia arma, ma sono penalizzata dalla distanza del server, sarebbe utile avere 1 server con le stesse impostazioni in Europa per incontrare

would you write please in english, is more easy to read for other people, thanks  :)

• Like 3

I'm a JayMod guy. Gotta vote for that. But we used to run Nitmod servers if my memory serves me correctly? Those were lots of fun, and TDM would bump it up :)

2 hours ago, Cquattro said:

1 hour ago, Rolan001 said:

would you write please in english, is more easy to read for other people, thanks  :)

Rough translation:

It's been 1 year since I played Jay3, I noticed that in the hours from 6.00 pm to 12.00 pm UTC +1, the server is full of people all with excellent connections and ping-- all good players can get an excellent team game. It's very satisfying, but unfortunately everyone just thinks about getting the most kills and accuracy and then gratify (?) at the end of the game. Seems they have all forgotten the real purpose of this game, which was created after RTCW unlike many other games previous, which is the "TEAMPLAY". There is practically no teammate who uses the syringe to revive- perhaps because the time to return is too short or perhaps because they think only to kill. No one heals, no one provides ammunition, and engineers are not helped by medics, they are left to their cruel fate.
So I think that after this reflection, it is right to create a TDM server for the super-skilled rapist (buddy... please tell me this ain't accurate), and leave it to those who really play the purpose of this fantastic game- quietly for the obj.
For this reason, I prefer the settings of Jay1: no adrenaline, and no double weapon. However the distance of the server provides bad latency. It would be useful to have 1 server with the same settings in Europe to meet European players. It would be very populated I'm 100% sure

And with that, I gotta say few things. I respect your opinion, but 80% of the time (if I don't tap out first) when I'm laying on the ground someone revives me. Give them medpacks? They'll give ammo. Give ammo? They'll heal. I look out for my teammates. And they look out for me. And 6 years ago before I was even wearing tags... people would heal me, give me ammo, etc. In any case though, Jay3 has never had the best teamplay... and it probably never will. It's a straight up pub server with fun settings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Tons of server with obj play. TDM would bring all fraggers in one spot. No adren, single jump, no panzer, etc. It would be fun to have complete different game play style in whole ET. Might be tough but once words get out, tons of TB raters would join and since server is specifically for rating, no issues at all. Then they can't complain, panzer, artillery, etc etc. 

We already have obj server i.e. hardcore and nothing beats game play of it. Everyone fighting for one thing Obj. Then we got silent #1 with FF off and Beg #2 with double jump. 3 servers covers different obj game play. 

None exist for frag only. Just giving another perspective to think for. Could put on TB 3.00 for TB tracking as well so rating would be on. :) 

PS I personally like Jaymod 32 slot - Single Jump, No adren. 

A few concerns I have with that though are:

1. Population of raters aren't that much and they generally take long breaks as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, im just basing it off of my own experience. 

2. If the players are mainly raters, they are usually going to be way above average in skill, so the average player would get dominated on that server and because there's no objective to complete on the side they'd leave. 

3. Raters get their high rating by owning nobs hehe. If they fight each other their rate won't be as high so they may prefer to play on servers like Jaymod where Increasing rate is easier. If they want a challenge though they will play on  TDM server but without getting rated. This is just my opinion. 

I mean I'd actually like to give it a go because its fresh and new but Im worried it won't last long. Once people get a taste of it, they'd get bored pretty quick. I could be wrong. 

Perhaps we could try it and see how it fairs. 

• Like 2

Personally I would like to see a N!tmod; in the old days I played on N!t only, and I enjoyed it very much. Getting used to Jay, for example, when I came here, took some time :P

And I like fragging more than doing the obj (fragmaze, purefrag, flag in the middle, etc are my favorite maps :D) and I wouldnt get bored with it for sure, @CheepHeep.

So my vote goes for the N!t TDM :)

• Like 2

• Administrators
7 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

A few concerns I have with that though are:

1. Population of raters aren't that much and they generally take long breaks as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, im just basing it off of my own experience. 

It's a lot. Tons of player still play for rate on TB. It's much higher then I expect and raters are the one who wine crazy for panzer, artillary, etc. So giving them their own server would easy up environment on other server. 

2. If the players are mainly raters, they are usually going to be way above average in skill, so the average player would get dominated on that server and because there's no objective to complete on the side they'd leave. 

That's 100% true and would over lap my first point but they are the ones who whine for not doing obj most of the time or rushing map so they can rate. Giving them TDM server might work out. 

3. Raters get their high rating by owning nobs hehe. If they fight each other their rate won't be as high so they may prefer to play on servers like Jaymod where Increasing rate is easier. If they want a challenge though they will play on  TDM server but without getting rated. This is just my opinion. 

That I agree but I know few raters who like challenge and this one would be one of it. But yes you are correct.

I mean I'd actually like to give it a go because its fresh and new but Im worried it won't last long. Once people get a taste of it, they'd get bored pretty quick. I could be wrong. 

That's what I thought initially, so I thought for few weeks, we run it on TMD and then for few Obj .Then we switch up to Jaymod single jump 32 slot and call poll back. Then we go by poll and by seeing which settings kept the server most popular. 

Perhaps we could try it and see how it fairs. 

This - 'Perhaps we could try it and see how it fairs.' I don't have exact answer either and hence trial and error and see how it goes. 

PS Not saying raters are bad at all. It's just they are different animal from regular players, obj lovers, etc. But as saying goes all are required to complete the echo system. But sometimes its good to balance the echo system for fun times. 

PS2 My answer in red.

• Like 3

Something similar to cybergames server back in the days and I'd be interested. We had a talk in my old clan, that nitmod could be brought closest to etpro with settings and I started to build one. Unfortunately I have erased almost all of my old files, would've been worth to try it out.

One thing if possible: vote option for extended time for a map, or cmd for admins for it (vote first - execute cmd if passes) :)

Also I think Cheep said it well: that raters need nubs to get their rate :D

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 9:26 AM, Rolan001 said:

vorresti scrivere per favore in inglese, è più facile da leggere per gli altri, grazie   :)

sorry but Google Translator automatic, don't work ever, i need exit from FA site and rejoin, but sometimes I forget

• Platinum VIP
57 minutes ago, Cquattro said:

sorry but Google Translator automatic, don't work ever, i need exit from FA site and rejoin, but sometimes I forget

its ok mate 

• Haha 1

It's probably too late to suggest something other than the poll choices, but I'll leave my idea anyway:

How about a server with fewer slots? I know there are quite a few Hardcore regulars who are very in favor of reducing the number of players there. Often, with so many players, it's more about playing against the game mechanics and avoiding your own teammates than enjoying the objective. I wouldn't mind Nitmod, but I think most players interested in this would prefer silEnT.

If this is considered, I think 26 slots with only 22 playable at one time (team_maxPlayers "22") would be a good number.