ET BEGINNERS #2 Stacking and other BS :)

lem0n91

I think he ment the kr on axis side vs allies.

Issue noticed and we are hopefully soon trying some new stuff to help with that.

As Cheep said, the !calladmin command is for this, as we cant be there 24/7. Also discord helps on this.

• Like 3

@HarryAimpotter Either they are too into the game to notice, they aren't used to checking teams or they like overpowering the other team for easy kills. Doesnt really matter, when it happens just notify us on discord and we will get there asap!

A screenshot of scores would also help bud. It shows us a clearer picture of what's happening. Who knows, some of those high KR players might be having a bad day and teams are actually not that bad which is why scores helps us fill in the gaps.

@GHARIB The KR of the players are way off. One team seems to have a lot more skill compared to the other. Likely that the teams are unfair. We dont just look at number of players per team. ;)

• Thanks 1

Not surprising how some seem to find no problem with those teams. Fact is, in Goldrush those sides will mean allies would not win even 1 in 10 games. Teams get very easily unbalanced with top (>13 KR) players. And yes, KR works as a heuristic showing skill levels. There are differences when looking at a KR 5 level player compared to level 10, and definitely level 10 compared to level 20. I joked today on Beg#2 that players with a KR higher than 13 should get banned from the server. Honestly, I really think that would be best for everyone's enjoyment. I personally lose quite a bit of interest when I have to play against some KR 20 fellow.

Edited by Ellen
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Not surprising how some seem to find no problem with those teams. Fact is, in Goldrush those sides will mean allies would not win even 1 in 10 games. Teams get very easily unbalanced with top (>13 KR) players. And yes, KR works as a heuristic showing skill levels. There are differences when looking at a KR 5 level player compared to level 10, and definitely level 10 compared to level 20. I joked today on Beg#2 that players with a KR higher than 13 should get banned from the server. Honestly, I really think that would be best for everyone's enjoyment. I personally loose quite a bit of interest when I have to play against some KR 20 fellow.

Yeah, I saw your comment in that game. Correct me if I'm wrong but you had one of the highest damage done in your team.  So you carried your team and you did well.

I didn't check damage, but I usually have pretty good damage given as 90 per cent of the time I'm playing as an aggro-medic. I was in that allies team, and gave up after 15 mins or so. Wasn't the first time my hope runs out. Hah!

Edited by Ellen

The kr doesnt always mean the team with more of them wins. you have seen it too many times, as when the kr guys goes lurking around corners to get easy kills, in the meantime the attacking team has kinda free access to finish obj.

I looked the scores when I went to server in that situation, map was almost beginning, scores were almost 90 kills more for axis, I evened teams and after 15 20 min it was 100+ for allies. Things change!

2019-12-30-223544-goldrush-gals.thumb.jpg.93cc479c1a23a54169949ccdfe8856a3.jpg

Edited by RendeL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Don't forget some players just kill bots on nearly empty servers to increase their kr. This overinflates their kr meaning !howfair on its own will never be completely accurate. 

/scores helps but if teams change constantly this too isn't accurate.  Number of players each side, how far the map has progressed, how much time is left, and how many skilled players there are on each team all have to be considered when determining how fair teams really are.

B2 has a lot of bots when not busy for players to improve their kr there. Mine is 4.1 and on Hardcore that would be one of the higher kr's around but on B2 it's probably below average

• Like 4

On 12/30/2019 at 8:48 PM, L3ftY. said:

B2 has a lot of bots when not busy for players to improve their kr there. Mine is 4.1 and on Hardcore that would be one of the higher kr's around but on B2 it's probably below average

You with a 4.1 KR ?

I dont use howfair anymore.

I use scores plus other inputs to determine if the teams are fair.

I would add to what @L3ftY. said that some maps are allies sided and others are axis sided.  For example, bremen is allies sided meaning that axis maybe stacked and the allies will still win....in those cases i let it go. Also team work enters into account.....we all know that.

Gengis

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As mentioned before. If the admins are AFK and you are unable to find any admin to help the teams. Use !calladmin. You don't have to be registered on discord to use it. It will still send us a message and we can hop on ASAP. Ex: !calladmin teams uneven.

PS. The cmd is called calladmin or adminhelp. I've forgotten. 

Edited by CheepHeep
  • 100 2

21 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

As mentioned before. If the admins are AFK and you are unable to find any admin to help the teams. Use !calladmin. You don't have to be registered on discord to use it. It will still send us a message and we can hope on ASAP. Ex: !calladmin teams uneven.

PS. The cmd is called calladmin or adminhelp. I've forgotten. 

Yeah, I know. I'm just using this thread to keep a record of all the assholes in the server.

@HarryAimpotter for how long it's been like that? 2 minutes? I came to the server around 25 minute, zueN went allies, it was all good and fair for whole map. You admitted that on the next map. What's the point of this Harry? And who you call an a**h**** here? Midnight?

• Like 2

• Leader

yeah he just forgot to mention a few things. At the very beginning allies had 2 more, I guess some went spec or disconnected. I went to check website few minutes. When I came back I checked teams they were even (maybe 2-3min after that screenshot). I looked in console and johnny00 asked for teams... I guess it was uneven. ins4ne joined axis and others.... a bit later some moved like zuen and axis finished a bit stronger.

Screenshot shows drama, reality is, it was eventually ok and map was not ruined

Harry, seems to me you just don't understand how things work. Also seems to me you just wanna create drama or your plan is just to make B2 look bad. Your impatience is starting to turn against you my friend

I think from now on I will record demos and take SS each time I see you on server. 

• Like 4

• RendeL locked this topic