ET Server =F|A= RECRUITING XPS - IP CHANGE

daredevil

• Platinum VIP

I used to have a txt file of different servers I played on saved to my desktop which I'd just copy/past into console, which was cool except it meant opening the txt file and copy/pasting into console, instead of 1 click....

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I used to have a txt file of different servers I played on saved to my desktop which I'd just copy/past into console, which was cool except it meant opening the txt file and copy/pasting into console, instead of 1 click....

U can create shortcuts as well of ET.exe and run it through command line. I used to keep shortcuts for each mod with different configs being executed for each one. Damm old days. :(

• Platinum VIP

Well one thing, ok 2 things, I need to know how to add to command line to connect to Jay 1 automatically and 2, banners on Jay 1 letting people who don't come to the forum know, ASAP. I know first hand what can happen when a server IP is changed, a serfver host has issues, etc and players aren't aware that there's an issue

2 hours ago, Kooki said:

What games will this affect?

just ET but i think we may have figured it out more news to come when we have it im sure 

im sure DD will keep us informed :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Well one thing, ok 2 things, I need to know how to add to command line to connect to Jay 1 automatically and 2, banners on Jay 1 letting people who don't come to the forum know, ASAP. I know first hand what can happen when a server IP is changed, a serfver host has issues, etc and players aren't aware that there's an issue

https://prnt.sc/j4z8gs
image.png.0c21283806e6592ddc5e91b1f9f7567e.png

Edited by Shana
inserted img from link
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Seems like it all worked out good, so far.  Now only prolly one day down time at max i think. I have asked them for downtime time and when the move will happen. But good news is we get to keep our sexy IP and now Euro peeps will have much lower ping like Jay2, HC and silent1. GG

image.png

• Like 2
  • Love 5

On 13. 4. 2018 at 11:44 AM, -=HipKat=- said:

Or just use HLSW, probably most useful software when it comes to storing IPs from servers and having additional tools, specially for admins as well.

HLSW.thumb.jpg.7c6bb07f6780d7b861ca41e2ead32584.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Dear Customer,

Ticket CDB-723UN has been updated by Andrew Barnes [staff].

Hi Alex,

Our network team will be moving the address tomorrow morning between 10:30 and 11:30am EDT. As we will be manually transferring your data over to NJ, I would expect the process to take no more than 1 hour at the time the server goes down. We will provide you with an update once everything is back online. 

Regards,

Andrew Barnes
http://www.gameservers.com

• Like 4

• Leader

Oddly enough, GameTracker seems to have been showing Jay#1 as 'Dead' for about the last 8 hours, since DD's last post!  :o  Uptime is actually over 7 days.

b_560_95_1.png

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.9.4.227:27960/

• Administrators
5 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Oddly enough, GameTracker seems to have been showing Jay#1 as 'Dead' for about the last 8 hours, since DD's last post!  :o  Uptime is actually over 7 days.

b_560_95_1.png

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.9.4.227:27960/

Prolly cos they are moving the IP to new block in NJ. I even can't connect to server FTP through US Machine. So had to download all files for back up manually.

• Like 1

Im still new here and have a question, when i look in the server list to play online it seems every server is run by FA, is this right or am i seeing it wrong?

If so this means theres a group of people passionate enough to take it all on the shoulders, good stuff!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sitting83Duck said:

Im still new here and have a question, when i look in the server list to play online it seems every server is run by FA, is this right or am i seeing it wrong?

If so this means theres a group of people passionate enough to take it all on the shoulders, good stuff!

FA hosts many ET servers that include 4 silEnT mod servers, 3 Jaymod, 3 NoQuarter and a few ETpro/Stopwatch servers. There are other servers out there that aren't run by FA but we are certainly ahead and at the top! Stick around :DDDD