Dirty Bomb Gameplay video

Scream

its free

Dirty Bomb is an upcoming free-to-play, first person shooter for the PC platform from Splash Damage. Splash Damage is the studio behind titles like Brink, Enemy Territory: Quake Warsand Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. You’ll see in the gameplay trailer above that Splash Damage chose to leave Brink off of the brief list of games they created. It’s a title that received a harsh lashing from both critics and fans upon release.

One thing I noticed in the gameplay trailer was Splash Damage’s decision to skip out on ironsights (EDIT: You can use ironsights! Missed it when I watched the clip.), the ability to zoom down the barrel of every gun in your arsenal. This gameplay mechanic can sometimes spark debate amongst gamers. Some prefer the classic fire-from-the-hip method, others like being able to aim down the sights of each gun.

Personally, when I’m gaming on a PC, I prefer the more classic approach over ironsights. Your field of view isn’t compromised when firing from the hip, and the cursor provides a perfect context for where your bullets will fly. However, I will recognize that some players enjoy the added zoom of looking down the barrel of a gun.

While a specific launch date has not been announced, Dirty Bomb is set to release in 2013. You can head to the game’s official site now and secure your username. You can also buy into a few premium packages.

SOURCE DIRTY BOMB

Looks fairly interesting to me. I like that objective feel and announcer (except this one doesn't have German accent) and you can see similarities with ET objectives. What I am interested if it will keep movement ET-ish (firing while sprinting, you can sprint while strafing etc). Of course it can't be like Quake engine we are used to, but I found it extremely tough to get used to BF2 and COD4 feel. ET felt much more mobile to me than both BF and COD, I don't know how to describe it. More fluent gameplay, almost as if it is faster, and you could strafe like mad.

Yeah, the moving system (ow and sound, somehow I started noticing sounds a lot more ) will make or break this game for me :P

Everytime I play w:et after playing an other game I'm surprised by how 'smooth' moving is => and I still love that feel, it's what hook me to et in the first place

Edited by DrJoske
  • Like 2

I normally don't like realistic shooter games. I have tried so many like farcry 1,2,3; crysis 1,2. but they don't appeal to me like Unreal Tournament or W:ET did. i guess i just need some unrealistic, double-jump, crazy fragmadness :P

But i maybe give it a try :)