Aiming with any gun

Armagedonyx
Go to solution Solved by Ashuyai,

Hello guys and gals, today I would like to talk about aiming. You see, I really suck at aiming and I would love to get some tips to improve on that aspect. I'm still having trouble moving my mouse with enough delicacy to move the camera left to right when the opponent is moving on both sides. It's really hard to shoot and with camera shaking when I take damage, it's even harder, and I feel like the enemies move so fast, I can't follow their movement whith eye tracking. I'd like some tips from the best players around, someone like JohnWick! could give me tips or idk, anyone really. 

Additional help: get Kovaak or Aimlab (Kovaak is better imo) and train seriously on it (20-30 minutes before every session). These are aiming drills, I can't tell you how much better I've gotten after starting using them.

Edited by RASHOMON
  • Like 2
  • 100 2

9 minutes ago, RASHOMON said:

Additional help: get Kovaak or Aimlab

https://store.steampowered.com/app/714010/Aim_Lab/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/824270/KovaaKs/

Try to use one daily for at least 10 minutes and you'll start seeing progress in your results ;)
Aim Lab is free so no investment needed. Could use that to try what it's all about and if you feel invested enough hop to KovaaK or just continue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, make sure you use the same sens in your cfg's on all the FPS games you play. The calculator on www.mouse-sensitivity.com can help you figure all of this out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

keep the mouse headshotlevel. that means preaim where you predict the enemies heads.

also try to get a decent gaming-mouse if you have not yet one. that can be a real gamechanger.

also disable the mouse smoothing in game,

and use a sensitivity that fits your feeling.

a good start is your mousepad, from left side to right side on the mousepad should be an almost 360 turn.

there are various tips on google out there as basics for any FPS game.

but these few things are basicly the most essential ones, at least from what i can tell.

everything else is fiddling around with a little bit of that and a little bit of this, but nothing beats muscle memory.-> training, training, training

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are always some boring and slow methods like better settings and lot of practices, but who has time for that? There is a much better and faster way. I recommend it to everyone. Download some aimbots. You will be surprised how fast your aiming will improve. 10 out of 10 aimbot user said that their aiming improved almost instantly.

• Haha 9

I came up against a Rambo Medic as Engineer(Less Health),

He was moving back and forth really fast, So I crouched(Closer bullet spread) and

Aimed across the map diagonal(North South East West).

My machine gun fired as He stopped and moved the other way.

So, I hit him every time he came back to spot I was aiming at...

I was lucky with the sync, I killed Him!

So, Aiming across the diagonal was better because hit boxes are larger there.

Aim for Head always(More damage).

Teammate said: Buck: You are too good for (Clan)!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There are a few tips which you can do during a fight.

The person on uneven terrain always has a disadvantage compared to someone who is moving on an even terrain

The more restrictions someone has to their movements, the easier it is to shoot them accurately

If there is a small height difference on the even terrain you are fighting from, if you go off an on it, you will lose some advantage. Like this

image.png.6fa4d93bbe457e167d805469f9e4ecfd.png

If you are on a stair, you have disadvantage (party because of the previous reason, partly because of the next reason)

When someone gets shot they are pushed back a little bit and they cant control their movement for a short amount of time. If they are continously getting shot at, they cannot move to avoid further precise and accurate shots

During moving up and down in air (jumping eg), it is very hard to move left and right.

If you have multiple enemies, try to make sure that the one who is farther away cant see you from the person who is in front of you (so try to get you and the 2 enemies in one line).

It might just be personal, but when I have 2 enemies at same time, I have a harder time to only focus and follow with aim only one of them

When you kill a medic (who is now in the revivable state, but you scored the kill), kill the medic completely to get his medpacks, as soon as possible, even during a fight with more enemies

Dont empty a gun completely before switching a gun, because it will take more time this was to switch to another gun

Play with a wired mouse and keyboard

High FPS and stable internet connection helps

You can get the most pro gear for a lot of $$$, but at the end of the day, after reaching a good enough quality, so good enough mouse for example is good enough, buying a more expensive one will not help you (can be a few exceptions to this)

If you are fighting with someone over long distance, 90 FoV is better. For close fights 120 is better (I have binded alt which changes my FoV to 90 from 120 as long as I push it, also makes me crouch for this time)

The longer you fire with a gun, more you move your aim around, the less accurate your bullets will be

If you are on a server with adrenalin, and you can use it well, apart from getting complaints from ppl who dont know servers without adrenalin exists, you will perform much better

Practice in itself is not enough. You also need to want to improve, and you also need to believe that you can be better with practice (I know some players who are at same noob level no matter how long years they play)

Remove blood splash in your settings. Set bobs to 0. For me a small white dot as aim is good.

Listening to music will make you not hear your surroundings

Try to get to know the players in the opposing team, and know how they play, and how can you counter each of them. This helps a lot

With a lot of ppl on the server, being predictable is not a disadvantage

Always assume that the other person has 1hp left when you decide if you want to shoot at them or flee

Try to sprint as much as long during a fight as you can, so dont sprint where enemies are likely to be when you dont know where the enemy is

Learn to trickjump to increase your speed

Just some things which came to my mind

But if you just want to aim better, then practice aiming, how you have to move your mouse to move your cursor to the desired position (which in short distance should be head, in long distance a certain hit on body might be better than an uncertain hit on the head), thats what you need to know with experience

Also dont get too good, or the game will get too boring 😄

Edited by Vindstot
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 10:58 PM, RASHOMON said:

get Kovaak or Aimlab

That is true. In regular ET gameplay there is about 30% actual aiming/fighting and 70% moving around/looking for enemies/waiting for spawn , etc. So with aimtrainers you will improve a lot faster. I would say that 10 minutes of Kovaaks is the same as one hour of ET.

23 hours ago, XeRoiX said:

Also, make sure you use the same sens in your cfg's on all the FPS games you play.

Sens calculators don't always get it right, because different games calculate FOV differently, depending on aspect ratio etc. Even ETlegacy and Vanilla ET calculate FOV differently. To most consistent way to get your sensitivity right is to measure 360 degrees/cm. That means do a 360 degree turn in game and measure how many cm you had to move your mouse on your mousepad. That way you can be sure that you have the same mouse feel across different games.

3 hours ago, Vindstot said:

If you are fighting with someone over long distance, 90 FPS is better.

I dont see how 90 fps would help you. More fps means less input lag and more rendered frames. So in theory you want to get as much fps as possible (except for reduced recoil for sniping). For long distance fights I recommend having 90 fov and lower sens.

If you have trouble keeping your crosshair at head level try lowering your m_pitch. Default m_pitch is 0.022 but you can go as low as 0.0151. I am using 0.0161, so my mouse moves up-down a little bit slower than left right. In ET that is not a huge problem, since most aiming is horizontal.

Edited by HarryAimpotter
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, HarryAimpotter said:

Default m_pitch is 0.022 but you can go as low as 0.051. I am using 0.061, so my mouse moves up-down a little bit slower than left right. In ET that is not a huge problem, since most aiming is horizontal.

Is there mistake in the numbers, with those values your m_pitch is higher than default one. For my sensitivity 0.01 is like smallest i could go, then it goes too slow.

Anyhow i once found this "Aiming by raziel" guide. I found it usefull back in the days.
https://enemyterritorytips.wordpress.com/2008/11/18/aming-by-raziel-download/

• Like 3
  • 100 1