Aiming with any gun

Armagedonyx
Go to solution Solved by Ashuyai,

1 hour ago, HarryAimpotter said:

I dont see how 90 fps would help you. More fps means less input lag and more rendered frames. So in theory you want to get as much fps as possible (except for reduced recoil for sniping). For long distance fights I recommend having 90 fov and lower sens.

Ah, my mistake. A typo. I meant FoV, not FPS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HarryAimpotter said:

Yeah, sry, my bad. m_pitch minimum allowed is 0.0151

Atleast on beg2 you can drop it to 0, did tests and 0.005 & 0.01 works too. Could be restricted on other servers, never tried switching it on others.

1 hour ago, HarryAimpotter said:

Yeah, sry, my bad. m_pitch minimum allowed is 0.0151

What about when you have to deal with ennemies shooting at you on higher ground (for example the houses in the map River Port), you can't move the camera up and down as fast as horizontaly. And the problem with aiming is when getting shot at first before reacting. How do you reajust your aim when you take damage (because you loose accuracy when that happens), and if your stamina is completely drained out as I sometimes find myself in a situation where dodging bullets is harder if I have no stamina left to run on the both sides. So what do I do, do I prown, do I crouch, what moves should I perform in close combat ? It's a lot of text but I hope thar you follow what I mean.

On 2/3/2023 at 5:23 AM, ktg0000 said:

There are always some boring and slow methods like better settings and lot of practices, but who has time for that? There is a much better and faster way. I recommend it to everyone. Download some aimbots. You will be surprised how fast your aiming will improve. 10 out of 10 aimbot user said that their aiming improved almost instantly.

youre right GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Armagedonyx said:

What about when you have to deal with ennemies shooting at you on higher ground (for example the houses in the map River Port), you can't move the camera up and down as fast as horizontaly. And the problem with aiming is when getting shot at first before reacting. How do you reajust your aim when you take damage (because you loose accuracy when that happens), and if your stamina is completely drained out as I sometimes find myself in a situation where dodging bullets is harder if I have no stamina left to run on the both sides. So what do I do, do I prown, do I crouch, what moves should I perform in close combat ? It's a lot of text but I hope thar you follow what I mean.

So obviously if you choose to play with low sensitivity, you'll need a HUGE mouse pad and computer desk to keep tracking enemies effectively.

If you were aiming at the enemy's head before they started shooting you, you don't have to readjust. Even though your screen will be shaking like crazy, your bullets will go towards the enemy's head. Getting shot at doesn't affect where your bullets are going. So just keep shooting at your enemy.

And you can always use your surroundings to your advantage. For example, taking cover behind a box to regain your calm and maybe adjust your aim if you need to. Another example, when you're fighting two enemies, taking cover from one enemy to alleviate your disadvantage, It might not always be possible but in certain situations it is possible. 😄

You can try spectating some of the good players on your server (like MoFo). See how they move and track enemies and face combat. It'll take practice. In situations you'll have disadvantage and you have to get a feel of how to tackle them. There will always be someone who's got more experience, or who's playing with a better computer setup.

Something like this can't be learnt over time. Took me a couple of years to get a good aim, as with others. Everything mentioned above is helpful.

NOTE: Even though getting Kovaaks is somewhat good, there's no better training than playing the game itself, that's one thing I learnt. Find yourself a good sensitivity to dpi ratio for you. Play with the same settings, (I haven't changed mine for 5-6 years). There's no need to chop and change your settings all the time, messes with your muscle memory, the same with sensitivity and dpi. Your question about high ground and enemies higher than you, you need to make sure you're in the best positions, ready for engagements. Save your stamina also, no need to go rushing around, and also head height level on your crosshair helps, like mentioned above.

All these factors will take time to roll into one but keep at it.

Edited by Valk

10 hours ago, Tukkonen said:

Atleast on beg2 you can drop it to 0, did tests and 0.005 & 0.01 works too. Could be restricted on other servers, never tried switching it on others.

You are correct, sir! Looks like there is no lower limit for m_pitch in other FA servers too. You can set it to even 0. The 0.0151 limit came from etpro era. I had no idea they had removed the limit.

9 hours ago, Armagedonyx said:

What about when you have to deal with ennemies shooting at you on higher ground

Yes, in that case you would have a small disadvantage. But like I sayd, most of the fights the enemies will appear from left/right not from up/down. But sure, there is a tradeoff. Maybe you will loose that fight, but will win the next 5 fights. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Armagedonyx said:

Oh wait how is this possible, what does it change in the gameplay ?

I believe it makes your player model a bit more laggy to everyone else, plus it decreases your ping, using it on beg2, I can get 0-5 ping, and on jay1, it sits around 70-80 ping, and I am from England so that's good.

1 hour ago, Valk said:

Or use /cl_timenudge -30, so it makes you harder to hit xD

Also makes you harder to hit others 😄 Or atleast it feels so 😄

On 2/3/2023 at 7:48 PM, HarryAimpotter said:

Sens calculators don't always get it right, because different games calculate FOV differently, depending on aspect ratio etc. Even ETlegacy and Vanilla ET calculate FOV differently. To most consistent way to get your sensitivity right is to measure 360 degrees/cm. That means do a 360 degree turn in game and measure how many cm you had to move your mouse on your mousepad. That way you can be sure that you have the same mouse feel across different games.

In Quake engine games like Enemy Territory the ingame sensitivity is FOV independent, it does not matter what FOV you use. The distance you need to cover with your mouse at a specific mouse dpi and ingame sensitivity for a full 360° turn will always be the same. For games where the ingame sensitivity is FOV dependent (e.g. Unreal Engine games) you can input your desired FOV and the sensitivity calculator will take the FOV into account and calculate the sensitivity accordingly.

Of course aiming will never feel completely the same between different games and especially engines. Some games use raw input data, they can use different input APIs (like DirectInput), they have different levels of input lag (e.g. because of using raw data or different APIs), some engines have always a small amount of mouse acceleration no matter what (e.g. Unreal Engine games), some games have problems with certain combinations of polling rate or either extremely low or extremely high sensitivities. But it approximates it closely enough that you won't feel much of a difference (and I assume the majority of people will feel no difference at all).

@Apollonius

If you were aiming at the enemy's head before they started shooting you, you don't have to readjust. Even though your screen will be shaking like crazy, your bullets will go towards the enemy's head. Getting shot at doesn't affect where your bullets are going. So just keep shooting at your enemy.

When you get hit, your weapon spread increases drastically. This gives the person who shot first a big advantage on medium and especially long distances and makes crossfire so effective (multiple people shooting one person). Imo a bad design choice that doesn't couple well with online gaming, especially if there are players with high pings involved.

• Like 3
  • 100 1

19 hours ago, Tukkonen said:

Also makes you harder to hit others 😄 Or atleast it feels so 😄

Or use /cl_timenudge -30, so it makes you harder to hit xD

I know a better way: just kill yourself 💀

Edited by Apollonius
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Lt Steiner said:

In Quake engine games like Enemy Territory the ingame sensitivity is FOV independent, it does not matter what FOV you use. The distance you need to cover with your mouse at a specific mouse dpi and ingame sensitivity for a full 360° turn will always be the same. For games where the ingame sensitivity is FOV dependent (e.g. Unreal Engine games) you can input your desired FOV and the sensitivity calculator will take the FOV into account and calculate the sensitivity accordingly.

Of course aiming will never feel completely the same between different games and especially engines. Some games use raw input data, they can use different input APIs (like DirectInput), they have different levels of input lag (e.g. because of using raw data or different APIs), some engines have always a small amount of mouse acceleration no matter what (e.g. Unreal Engine games), some games have problems with certain combinations of polling rate or either extremely low or extremely high sensitivities. But it approximates it closely enough that you won't feel much of a difference (and I assume the majority of people will feel no difference at all).

@Apollonius

When you get hit, your weapon spread increases drastically. This gives the person who shot first a big advantage on medium and especially long distances and makes crossfire so effective (multiple people shooting one person). Imo a bad design choice that doesn't couple well with online gaming, especially if there are players with high pings involved.

How are the other fps games dealing with damage when getting hit, is your screen shaking a lot in COD for example, because I agree, screen shake is annoying, and it's the cause of my many deaths in game.