ET Server Suggestion Beginners #1 - Jay3 Call vote option

kYmo

Hi,

As stated in the topic name would it be possible to add a call vote option? for example next map, restart map, shuffle etc etc. I would personally love to see this added as i think its just what the server needs and the other servers have it or atleast a few so why not Jay3?

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts?

@Chef<3 @MPover @Sphalman @Flag @EnemyIsWeakened @Redbull33 @Fighter @Barn!e @GHARIB @DeKing @Blo0dy

Thanks in advance.

kYmo

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, kYmo said:

na przykład następna mapa,

Players mix these options. The map may be restarted before its end. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EnemyIsWeakened said:

I would like to see ''next map'' vote only.

Not sure about restart and shuffle😋  

That could be an option too! 😎👌

12 minutes ago, FILIPE said:

Players mix these options. The map may be restarted before its end. 🤔

There is instances where 3 people are AFK at the start of Goldrush and allies steal the tank for example.... so this would come in handy, obviously the vote has to pass first.

Maybe this option could dissappear after the first 5 minutes?

• Like 1

Hi , i think nextmap vote would be great since some maps make players leave , which is ofc bad. Then they will have oppurtinity to vote and see the score how players feel and maybe they dont leave 😄

Other votes no!

I cant remember,but there was some reason we dont have that vote system.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

In my experience, there is more harm than good. 🤔

I don't play on jay3 so I don't care. 😌

Edited by FILIPE
  • Like 1

Well its a nice option to have so people don't just leave if they had that option im sure they would use it and then players could see what the majority of players think.

I'm not really a regular on Jay3 so I can't say.

About the next map and restart polls in general, I'm not really for them. That will be abused for me. 

Maybe more a need of a "before work", to have the best map we can. There will always be someone who don't like the map.

There is polls on Beginners 2 and we never use them in general. I don't feel the need to use them, but I'm maybe wrong :) 

• Like 1

Maybe if you can vote for map after the map ends like on beg2 that would be nice.

Like if you can make vote to skip map in half of current map that would be bad. Nobody likes all maps.

• Like 1

I am not really for call votes honestly, as it is really abusive. 

And for the point 'players leave because of map' name these maps and we will take them out of the rotation. 

A map vote at the end of a map would maybe stop the debate about maps where players leave. 

I am looking forward for the other opinions :)

• 100 2

• Leader

Even at end of maps when there's a vote for next map some players leave. They vote for a map and its another one that pass the vote and they leave. Also with next map voting, some maps becomes over played. That makes other players leave because they get sick of always playing the same maps over and over again. 

In the end we always have unhappy people one way or another. Its very hard to find the perfect balance.

• Like 6

Simply.. jay2 is hosted in the US and we have more control of that box maybe. Call votes for maps is available on jay2 but not all the maps in rotation show up in the vote.

Jay3 is hosted in Europe and we probably dont have the level of control on that box / server. As I said before if it was possible we probably would have done it already. map voting only though restart / nextmap not such a good idea. It just becomes vote spam. ET is an old game and things like 5 mins and its not available and other crazy ideas are just not possible. Do me a favour and download jaymod as a mod then look at the documentation supplied in the PDF. You soon realise its not as tweakable as everyone seems to think.

• Like 2
  • 100 2