ET Server Suggestion Beginners #1 - Jay3 Call vote option

kYmo

Democracy ? 😮 Hell no ! 

More seriously, instead of a next map vote available for every player, could it be a command for admins ? I know !cancelvote exist but is there a !startvote or the ability to call of vote only if you have a certain admin level ?

• Like 1
  • 100 1

On 3/9/2021 at 5:28 PM, kYmo said:

would it be possible to add a call vote option? for example next map, restart map, shuffle etc etc

Hi,

For "restart map" , no.

In my opinion, once a map has begun, the basic rule is to even teams to get the teams as balanced as possible to manage the progression.

For "shuffle", it is same (no)!

Shuffle (even if it is a poll) should be used only in warmup, and not during the map, according to wiki. 

If you have access to the shuffle command, only use it during warmup (make sure all player have connected) or if teams are incredibly unfair (ex: 11v2) and people are not moving.

If you don't have the "shuffle" commands (level 15) or the "shufflekills" commands (level 14), you can manage it with asking people to move a team or using !putteam (wisely), until the game will be balanced as good as possible.

2 hours ago, Chef<3 said:

More seriously, instead of a next map vote available for every player, could it be a command for admins ?

For nextmap, a command already exists on jaymod , but only for level 19+ (there is certainly a good reason about it).

13 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

Even at end of maps when there's a vote for next map some players leave

This is exactly what i think too.

If you vote for next map (75% against 25%) , maybe a part of this 25% will leave too, and it is a poll which could be abused easily.

This is part of the way of life on a server, people leave, others stay, nothing to do about it, because you will never get all people 100% to agree to something.

In my case, if I dont like to play a map, i go spec and have a chat/coffee :)

I will add that the way to choose our maps / campains, is to use the "up" and "down" vote system at the begining of each map -during warmup - so @Barn!e can modify each time the campain, and remove a map which is disliked or add any map which is suggested :)

Here my own opinion about it :)

Edited by GHARIB
Ortho
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

1 hour ago, GHARIB said:

I will add that the way to choose our maps / campains, is to use the "up" and "down" vote system at the begining of each map -during warmup - so @Barn!e can modify each time the campain, and remove a map which is disliked or add any map which is suggested :)

One of the reason i made this post is because every time i play i'm the only person i see even using this majority of people don't even bother 😐

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kYmo said:

One of the reason i made this post is because every time i play i'm the only person i see even using this majority of people don't even bother 😐

Hmm I don't know, we have to vote to reminds people they can vote. When I vote I often see people vote too (honestly not that much people, but some are using it).

And everytime someone complain about a map I remind him that he can vote during warmup.

But maybe we should remind people during warmup that they can vote ? 

One question for you @Barn!e, how does the vote system works ?

There is a message saying "multiple vote will not take into account" or something like this. Is it for a certain amount of time ? Can we vote up and next time down ?

Maybe this sentence could be remove, it will make people vote more even if after the vote doesnt count, it can reminds the other that they can vote too.

1 vote per map load per person thats all. The next time the map loads again you have 1 vote per person.. or someone could type down/up 15 times in warmup.

Most of the maps are 60% voted up or 50% voted up. Anything below 50% I look at monthly / bi weekly.

Your suggestions are welcome but we are unlikely to be able to add or change the things you want as its been tried before or it isnt possible. This server has existed since before 2007 so it must be doing something right.

Edited by Barn!e
  • Like 7