cft pool

bigbro

hey guys i am having trouble playing on ctf pool it just kicks me with no warning i have deleted it and reinstalled it and still same problem does anyone have any fix for it just wondering 

• Like 1

More info please never heard of this and do you see others on server?

Might be a hunkmegs thing try /com_hunkmegs 256 /com_zonemegs 64 or 128 /com_soundmegs 64 or 128

Just an aside but CTF means capture the flag in case anyone wonders why map names start with CTF.

Edited by Barn!e
CTF
  • Like 2

check see if u have any tmp. files related to that map.. otherwise must be a hunkmegs thing?

also check ur counsel . when it kicks u might be a error in there.?have u tried the pak3 cleaner yet?

map error with no message could also be duplicate files..

• Like 1

Ye I would say same or maybe del NQ folder and re DL. Remember if you go that route keep your demos screens etc.

Good practise to del maps every few weeks anyway as many pk3's = lag

• Like 2

You have to start Enemy Territory and enter into console the hunk command,

Then join a server(Once should set config)

You can check svar while connected to mod...

• 7 months later...

I bump this as it happens to me too, such a weird problem.

Some time ago on NQ event I was not able to play the CTF pool, Like @bigbro said no msg, just ET close

I play with ET legacy since the beginning

And today on Sunday Fun event I was able to made more tests.

Definitely not a hunk allocation issue, who get you to the ET main menu with a msg

So I figured that I can stay on the map if I don't look to the pool table. If I move my mouse my ET close instantly.

I just have no idea of the issue. First time I see something like that 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Must be a bad map. You could try increasing the zonemegs and soundmegs also to 196, along with hunkmegs. Put these on your command line of ET, otherwise it is no use:

E:\Etlegacy\etl.exe +connect  "b2.clan-fa.com:27960" +set  "com_hunkmegs 192" +set  "com_zonemegs 512" +set "com_soundmegs 192"

Atm you can check reserved memory by typing /meminfo or separately /com_hunk - press tab and /com_zone - press tab and /com_sound - press tab

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes I tried lot of thing with the help of @K3rmit

Hunkmegs, ZoneMegs, resolution, primitives, there was improvement at first I was able to play for 30 seconds then crash.. 

It worked with my 2.60b install, So it should come from my 2.76 Legacy.

Will try to install the 2.75 in the future.

Thanks a lot for the time spend to help me ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeKing said:

I had same bug with 2.75 

So we  probably have to set all before running ETL for all versions... It should work with what said RendeL. 

2 hours ago, RendeL said:

E:\Etlegacy\etl.exe +connect  "b2.clan-fa.com:27960" +set  "com_hunkmegs 192" +set  "com_zonemegs 512" +set "com_soundmegs 192"

Edited by GHARIB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DeKing said:

Yes I tried lot of thing with the help of @K3rmit

Hunkmegs, ZoneMegs, resolution, primitives, there was improvement at first I was able to play for 30 seconds then crash.. 

It worked with my 2.60b install, So it should come from my 2.76 Legacy.

Thanks a lot for the time spend to help me ! 

hmm did you try a hammer 🔨 😛

ill see myself out ..

Edited by D..X
  • Haha 5

you guys should  try and  join the server when it kicks you out  open console do /condump kick and post that  

so  start et  open console do /clear  /join ipaddress of server or how ever you normal join and when it kicks you out open console once again and type /condump and bring that here and post what it says in the condump 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *Kiba* said:

you guys should  try and  join the server when it kicks you out  open console do /condump kick and post that  

so  start et  open console do /clear  /join ipaddress of server or how ever you normal join and when it kicks you out open console once again and type /condump and bring that here and post what it says in the condump 

Yes but in this case that not kick me out of the server, that close the game, so when I launch it again I don't have the last informations in the console

I think that's the second time I play this map since almost 1 year, so maybe not a big problem to spend our time on :) 
I will keep the @RendeL solution to try it if I meet the map again ! Thank you all for the advices and the help 😉

• Like 1

if your being kicked from one 1 map if you know what the map is you can go in your files and find it  and deleted it and retry to join it should give you a clean install of the map  that kicking you could fix your problem