ET Rage Quitting - A disheartening trend

(FORCE)

7 minutes ago, (FORCE) said:

It can be disheartening for everyone on servers when players give up so easily just because their losing in a game and rage quit.  It's not fair for players who work so hard as a unit throughout a game for victory and all of a sudden don't get rewarded for their efforts because they have to switch or be switched.  Even for admins it's unfair even though it's part of our duties to keep teams even.   Back in the day, players with heart , actually finished matches and not ruin the balance of teams, thus not ruining the gaming experience for everyone.  This seems to be a disappointing trend of late - players with no heart or fighting spirit failing to play matches until the end. Players "should" have more pride, heart, and take more responsibility for promoting good , fair and fun matches on the servers.  Maybe I'm just old school but even when I was a regular, I never quit just because I was losing in a game.

Battle on players !!!!!

Best Regards,

(FORCE)

The map is never over till it's over :)

• Like 3
  • 100 3

I agree with you 100%, as it can definitely alter the course of the game when people start to give up. The gaming community itself is nowhere near what it used to be, seems to be filled with toxic people nowadays who just enjoy trolling or disrupting games which also makes it really not fun for new players, or people who aren't potentially skilled. I think it's possible to have an affect, like we have been doing, to try and make the ET community (at least) a great place like it used to be.

• 100 4

I've seen decent fraggers rage quit because their killstreak is broken or they are killed by a noobtube.

At the end of the day, its a game, which is there for enjoyment.

• Like 6

I believe those that contributed significantly to the objective shouldn't be obliged to switch including admins if theres only a few minutes left and no chance for the other team to win. Move fraggers or let them switch since they mainly care about the kill count. :) 

• Like 6
  • 100 1

Totally agreed with you my friend! Unfortunately, we can´t count with other peeps heart. I believe that issue of give up game, has to do with the prw loss. We as admins, always must keep teams fair, but we can´t interfere in gameplays. 

I think every FA admin lost count of how many times left your team to support another, just becoz ppl don´t want to go foward to the end map.

• Like 4
  • 100 1

I agree with you, today I see so many toxic people who ruin the gaming experience of all players, especially new players. Stooop rage quit !!

spacer.png

Edited by nyphetamine
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BrokenHope said:

I really hate when i am engineer and do 80-90% of the map and have to switch teams and almost always loose after that... 

I feel you.  I'm playing as engineer in 80% of play time...

Many players only play to kill, and if they can't be on a team that kills more than dies / do some obj, they switch teams or servers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I "rage quit" only because of bad map(s).

8 minutes ago, Hippo said:

Many players only play to kill, and if they can't be on a team that kills more than dies / do some obj, they switch teams or servers.

And I usually only play for kills but I enjoy being in a weaker team (no need to run for kills when they come for me). It's so satisfying to kill some of those high fraggers even tho I am not that highly skilled myself.

• Like 1
  • 100 1