ET Rage Quitting - A disheartening trend

(FORCE)

I totally agree. Its the generation of today though PC players seem to have picked up the habit from console players. I play both PC and console and i see it all the time and it does ruin the game  but we must soldier on and finish the god dam map haha

• 100 1

2 hours ago, Shaun Reynolds said:

I totally agree. Its the generation of today though PC players seem to have picked up the habit from console players. I play both PC and console and i see it all the time and it does ruin the game  but we must soldier on and finish the god dam map haha

Haha idd, us oldies remember the old days of waiting for the tape to load whilst listening to the old dial up type noise while it loaded so we could turn the tape over and wait another 5 min wait only for it to not load the fooking game and we had to start again....spent 3 days trying to load space invaders or centipede. lol

We thought it was futuristic when the Nintendo came out and we only had to leave it turned on for 5 days so we could finish Mario while preying we didn't have a power cut. Fook me it was xmas when playstation introduced memory cards so you could save the game...WTF, we could save ffs.

Todays players do have it waaaaaay too easy and quit after the 5th attempt of trying, hell back in the day we spend 5 months trying to finish a level ffs.

Even ET is far easier now than it used to be 17 years ago when we only had stock maps and no xp save, just as you managed to fill your class XP up it was reset for new campaign.

Pu**ies these days. 

We had this sh*t to deal with only for it to fail or crash.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

i agree ..

et isnt what it used to be .. and the player base isnt half what it used to be.

most people ive noticed nowadays wont play to lose. 

ilalways say it .. its just a game.. in the end. also love this one hate the players not the game.!lol latley tho regulars certain ones in specific like too give the admins a hard time how ever they can hell some dipshit tried to say he was gonna sick roach on me .lolololol.... becuz i  pushed him for standing in a doorway.. .stuuuuupid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Platinum VIP

I never ragequit. I do however - I-Can't-Hit-A-Damn-Thing-Today-And-I'm-Gettin'-My-Ass-Handed-To-Me quit occasionally

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I never ragequit. I do however - I-Can't-Hit-A-Damn-Thing-Today-And-I'm-Gettin'-My-Ass-Handed-To-Me quit occasionally

The first step is acknowledging you have a problem 😜

• Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
46 minutes ago, Gameplan said:

The first step is acknowledging you have a problem 😜

Thank God it only happens once in a while and normally involves a certain panzer-noob who's name I won't mention!! :D :D

• Thanks 1

I agree, but I'll also admit I have rage quit several times not because of kills or being on the losing side but the fact that the team is not in sync with each other. Then, it just becomes almost impossible when you're doing the obj by yourself especially when certain highly skilled players care only about kills and think KR is everything.

ET is at its best when teamwork exists, some of the most beautiful moments I've had was when the entire team pulled their weight and were able to win even when the odds were stacked against us. It's an incredible feeling, this is the essence of ET.

Edited by Hitch
  • Like 3
  • 100 1

7 minutes ago, Hitch said:

I agree, but I'll also admit I have rage quit several times not because of kills or being on the losing side but the fact that the team is not in sync with each other. Then, it just becomes almost impossible when you're doing the obj by yourself especially when certain highly skilled players care only about kills and think KR is everything.

ET is at its best when teamwork exists, some of the most beautiful moments I've had was when the entire team pulled their weight and were able to win even when the odds were stacked against us. It's an incredible feeling, this is the essence of ET.

I do that too, but call it Frustration Quit

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators

@Gameplan  Solution for that: Know the players and use team chat so others also know that people are playing for Obj.  Slowly, others pick up the pace. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, daredevil said:

@Gameplan  Solution for that: Know the players and use team chat so others also know that people are playing for Obj.  Slowly, others pick up the pace. 

I that this strategy is the best way to play the game today. 

• Like 1

• Leader
13 hours ago, Hitch said:

Do you mean like Axis Not Quitting when both Golds get put into the truck, but rather continue fighting with all they have got?  

I love dramatic finishes, win or lose.  Some of my fondest memories were of Goldrush fights where the Axis were able to actually win after the gold was in the truck earlier-than-usual and there seemed to be no hope at all.  The satisfaction when the map ends with the truck 2 meters, 2 inches or 2 cm away from 'winning' is inexpressible.  :D 🏁 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

16 hours ago, daredevil said:

True, I do that too. Fortunately, I haven't felt that in a while. Most players on Jay 2 play obj.

And it's more like Frustration Go To Spec...I don't actually quit :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Do you mean like Axis Not Quitting when both Golds get put into the truck, but rather continue fighting with all they have got?  

I love dramatic finishes, win or lose.  Some of my fondest memories were of Goldrush fights where the Axis were able to actually win after the gold was in the truck earlier-than-usual and there seemed to be no hope at all.  The satisfaction when the map ends with the truck 2 meters, 2 inches or 2 cm away from 'winning' is inexpressible.  :D 🏁 

Yep or the other way around.

More recently like a week ago, we won as allies on the Capuzzo map. Everyone was playing to their strengths, so you would have these almost mini teams for different roles like some go for obj, some defend the plane to make room for the engi to repair. When it works it's almost like a beautiful dance. I'm not as good as some players, so on that map I was playing as engi and just kept repairing the plane :D

Edited by Hitch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1