Re-introduction of Dest!Ny :D

Dest!Ny

11 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:
It's been years since I made one of these so I decided to go at it again, a lot of answers will have changed over the years ^^

First name: Wietse
Any sort of Nickname?: Wi by my gf, koolmees by people that know me from games like Pokemon GO 
What country are you from?: the Netherlands
Are you a Parent?: Nope, too young for that, but like most I do have the wish a few years from now
How many siblings do you have?: Just a sister, one that makes me very proud tho
What's your shoe size?: 43, not too big not too small.
What do you do for a living?: I work as a Data Scientist currently but I am also doing online courses to expand my horizon and grow as a professional, I am also in the process of finishing my degree and thinking about doing more degrees in the future.
Greatest Fear?: Uhmmmm, hard one. I am an extrovert so being alone haunts me, however the quarantine is giving me plenty of practice!
Most Exciting thing you've ever done?: I've done abseiling from an office building and I have zip-lined in the mountains of Croatia. I have been on a holiday in Japan which was very exiting as well and I have been on a holiday by myself as well. There is plenty of stuff on my bucketlist that would surpass all of those though, all in due time ;)
Most embarrassing thing you've ever done?: (Don't be shy!) Pfft, I don't know, I am not very easily embarrassed to be very honest. Me and a guy-friend kinda dared each other for a kiss and we ended up touching tongues, I guess that would fit up this alley. I don't think it has sparked any jealousy
First thing you look for in a new friend?: Ohh any person that is not a douche will get my attention, the more people I can talk to the better. But if we are talking about really good friends than I do love some depth, a person who's not superficial and speaks to me without any filters
Farthest you've been from home?: Japan by quite a mile. I was planning a trip to Malaysia next month but that is not really going to work out obviously 😕 Another time I suppose
What brought you to the Fearless Assassins servers/forum?: Well, I have been here for over 9 years but if you ask me what keeps me coming back it's this awesome community and this great game (ET). 

Cat or Dog?: I have had cats all my life and I absolutely adore them but I would also love to have a doggo at some point in my life. I aLready thought about the species (before you ask: a stabyhoun, we have had them in the family for years)
What are your hobbies?: I like to play pool, it gives me great relaxation. I am actively listening to audio books about self-improvement and mindfulness and I also want to expand that to spirituality, philosophy, and psychology because these subjects interest me. Boardgames have always been a great hobby of mine as well, you can expect me to have a massive closet full of boardgames as I grow older
What kind of Sports do you like?: I wouldn't call myself a fanatic but I do like to watch some soccer every now and then, same with field hockey, snowboardcross, and many more (especially during the Olympics). If we are talking about playing then I guess pool? Is that a sport? Well, it is now! 
What's your favorite color?: To wear probably grey or blue. They match my eyes (which alternate between grey and blue). Other than that probably white as well. White makes other colors spark and stand out, if someone was asked to describe me as a color I hope they would pick white.
How about your favorite type of music?: It largely depends on the period but I love myself some good ol' 70s. I do have plenty of other music in my playlist tho.
Favorite Song?: Fool's Overture - Supertramp
What's your favorite TV show?: Oh man, I don't watch a lot of TV anymore. I think I like "Dit was het Nieuws" the most out of what I still watch. It's a Dutch show that kind of covers the news in a very satirical way although often still informative regardless.
What kind of movies do you like? (Scary, comedy, drama etc): Uhmmmm, I do like psychological thrillers and horrors a lot. Although sometimes just watching a fluffy Disney movie is great as well. I absolutely don't like racing movies like Fast and the Furious, it's just some cars going vroom to me.
Favorite Movie?: Maybe One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest or Forest Gump
Favorite Book?: The Power of Now - Eckard Tolle, it's a great book for people who feel trapped by their mind, this sounds like a very vague concept but probably over 90% of people are. It teaches you a lot about your mind and your pain body and how to deal with these.
What do you like most about yourself?: I like to think that I am a good friend, I don't leave anyone behind. I am also very patient and down to earth no matter the circumstances
What do you hate most about yourself?: Right now I have not yet reached inner peace. I can still feel my mind trying to take over my way of thinking in (often emotional) situations. It's an ongoing process and I don't hate myself for not having finished the metaphorical race yet, I bless myself for being in the race. 
What makes you very happy?: To see other people smiling and being genuinely happy. To see them forget about all the worries they have for a moment and truely live in the now instead of in the past or in the future
What makes you very sad?: Uhmmmmm, injustice I suppose. Seeing people take out their frustration that is caused by only themselves on others who don't deserve that treatment
What's your favorite beverage?: Hmmmm, I really like Sambuca and Goldstrike, but if we are not doing shots probably a nice glass of Jaegermaister+Cola
What you're favorite food/snack?: I love pizza. You can do everything with pizza. Fish, meat, veggie, cheese, all options are available. Except pineapple, screw pineapple.
Favorite actor/Actress?: Probably Jack Nichelson, the guy is a legend
Favorite season? Why?: Winter but only when it snows and freezes. My favorite winters is when I can ice-skate on the canals like a stereotypical Dutchman
Favorite subject in school?: I excelled the most in math but science and history were more interesting (although the history they teach in high-school is usually far from interesting)
Favorite thing to learn about?: Myself maybe? It is a very strange sensation to learn something about yourself after knowing yourself for so long already
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Right now I really want to get visiting a tropical country off my bucketlist. Thailand or the Amazone comes to mind.

What are your top three games of all time?: Europa Universalis IV, Wolfenstein ET, Pokemon GO
Besides shooters, what is your favorite genre of gaming?: Strategy games
Name one game in your collection you'd be embarrassed to tell your friends about: I have a pretty fancy collection of Pokemon in Pokemon GO, not really emberrassed about it but that's the closest I can think of 😛
How many games do you own?: My steam account tells me otherwise but if I am only counting games that I actually play once a year I'd say like 8-10
Do you play console?: I play Mario Kart Wii sometimes, other than that nope
What platform do you spend most of your gaming on? (PS, Xbox, Steam, Android etc): I suppose Steam and Android (god that Pokemon GO addiction...)
What's your favorite internet site (That is not FA ;P): I loveeeee Reddit. Although helping people on StackOverflow can be pretty fun too.

Hope to see you around! I mostly play on Jay2 lately but I am open for adventures sometimes ^^

Nice to meet :D so bad i missed your first introduction :s

You motivate me to make my re-introduction :D

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

I work as a Data Scientist currently but I am also doing online courses to expand my horizon and grow as a professional, I am also in the process of finishing my degree

That's awesome :)

I'm doing a data science course on udemy and I'm studying computer engineering at university.

GL with your degree. :)

• Thanks 1