Website Coronavirus Updates

-=HipKat=-

4 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Mortality rate has increased to 4%.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It's thankfully a lot less than that because a lot of people that have it just stay home and don't get officially tested and documented. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
Just now, CheepHeep said:

It's thankfully a lot less than that because a lot of people that have it just stay home and don't get officially tested and documented. 

And people who have died may not have been confirmed because they couldn't get tested... 

• 100 1

2 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

And people who have died may not have been confirmed because they couldn't get tested... 

Good point but I think people are getting infected at a higher rate than people dying because of it - undocumented that is. However, even 2-3% is still a scary figure when you realise how many people are projected to get infected. :(  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

Good point but I think people are getting infected at a higher rate than people dying because of it - undocumented that is. However, even 2-3% is still a scary figure when you realise how many people are projected to get infected. :(  

A mortality rate of 2% is scary af. If the estimates being thrown around by the experts are accurate, between 20 and 60 percent of the population will get infected. Then 2% mortality is an infernal amount of people.

It annoys the f*** out of me when people still throw around that silly remark "Oh, it's just a flu.". No, it's not.

Edited by Major Stalvern
  • Like 2

Topics like this make me feel so much better. https://www.businessinsider.nl/south-korea-coronavirus-testing-death-rate-2020-3?international=true&r=US

Problem is that every country has his own rules with testing of patients. I think South-Korea understands the problem very well and don't take any risk. :)

• Like 1

Peru is closed down, except for medical, minimum requiered to keep the country working,food, medicine.
from 8pm to 5am no movilization at all, nothing is moving, today is our 3rd day of staying at home

Edited by ancientmule
  • Sad 1

https://smashomash.com/forum/forum/topic/coronavirus/?part=12#postid-473 

^ COVID-19/ coronavirus covered daily since 23 January ^

Information on our own servers, instead of Google's junkware servers.  Feel free to join in the discussion and thanks F|A for hosting great game servers.  I'm happy to see this great worldwide gaming community sharing information here as well.  Godspeed!

• Leader

Humans have been looking for "signs and portents" throughout history.  ☄️ 😱  Science is much slower.  🔭  🔬  📚  I think that our minds often react as if 🦁 or 🐻 were coming for our 👶 🍼 . 

The Internet has seemed to vastly sped up the "rumor mill". 

A couple of my relatives have posted an image on their FB pages that says that "the State Department" is giving some new benefit to MediCare recipients.  I checked it out, and it only applies to the US State of New Mexico, from their state government, and not to the whole of the USA.

I do not trust anything that I see posted on Social Media. If I find a post interesting, I may investigate it more.  In fact, there was an advertisement that I should have reported to FaceBook.  It was for a high-end gaming computer, for only $99!!! :o  The graphics card alone would have cost at least 3x that much! 

• Like 2