Website Coronavirus Updates

-=HipKat=-

On 3/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, Almondo said:
[video link removed]

In Nederlands where i live actually, the same strategy as England with "60% of infected people can avoid virus spreading".  I don't like that if i need to be honest. Lack of toilet paper and chicken breasts in markets.  The rest is at the same level. ;)  ..i do work still. 

For context, I actually work in the supply chain for a large company that does food safety, nutritional integrity, and product prototyping.  I can say with certainty that in Northeast North America, there is zero disruption in the food supply chain.  There are short term shortages of things constantly, because people are doing very very dumb things to 'prep'.  Wait until you see the toilet paper glut coming.  This is how boom/ bust cycles due to malinvestment occur.  The good news is that we've all now survived winter, should take it one day/ city/ state/ country at a time, keep covering our anti- viral bases (since we should do that always, not just during a pandemic), keep ourselves as healthy as possible, use any mandated time off to explore new opportunities, etc...  Finding a cure doesn't mean the thing's over, but it's one HELL of a good step and is vastly superior to a vaccine.  Best wishes, from Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.  ❤️

Edited by RedBaird
removed video link in quote

41 minutes ago, smAshomAsh said:

Informing people that there is a cure with cheap, licensed, generic, available, widely stocked drugs is spam?  Cool story, 'bro'.

I appreciate your information. But there is currently NO 100% valid cure/vaccin for Corona. So stop spreading lies. There are some medicine who work in the first stage of the virus. But NO 100% cure against later stages... 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Rap songs be talking about this kinda paper soon.

Is it green? Is it blue? Yes? Then it ain't the right paper. lool.

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, smAshomAsh said:

Informing people that there is a cure with cheap, licensed, generic, available, widely stocked drugs is spam?  Cool story, 'bro'.

XD
even in your 'video' you say APPARENTLY XD

so is it cured or is it APPARENTLY cured? XD

I'm gonna quote something here:

They showed that chloroquine could reduce the length of hospital stay and improve the evolution of COVID-19 pneumonia

link here

I believe you're reffering to this article or another one which is referring to this one.

reduce and improve, in which dictionary reduce+improve=cured? Bro xD

Going back to the topic: if any of you wonder why we have not so many cases here in Poland I have to dispel any rumours - it's not because of the vodka. It's because the tests are taken by patients who landed in the hospital. :)

They just announced epidemic status in Poland: schools, universities closed till Easter.

We do it to a large extent for ourselves, for all Poles, but especially for the elderly, for seniors

Our national quarantine, and also our longing for normality, cannot mean that we will loosen our rules. No, the nearest two or three weeks to Easter must be weeks of complete social discipline. In this way we protect one another and such social isolation helps a lot

We expect up to 10,000 cases in a few days

Quotes from our Prime Minister. I used google translator, so if you see any mistakes, I'm sorry - let me just know and I will try to change that into more understable way.

Breaking the quarantine up to 30k PLN(=6 595,58 EUR) from 5k PLN(around 1K EUR).

Edited by notellenPage

Moderna’s Work on a Potential Vaccine Against COVID-19 (mRNA-1273)

Notable about the Fauci-Gates Moderna coronavirus vaccine, mRNA-1273, is that it has been rolled out in a matter of weeks, not years, and on February 24 went directly to Fauci’s NIH for tests on human guinea pigs, not on mice as normal. Moderna’s chief medical adviser, Tal Zaks, argued, “I don’t think proving this in an animal model is on the critical path to getting this to a clinical trial.”

Another notable admission by Moderna on its website is the legal disclaimer, “Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: …These risks, uncertainties, and other factors include, among others: … the fact that there has never been a commercial product utilizing mRNA technology approved for use.” In other words, completely unproven for human health and safety.

Forward Looking Statements

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended, including regarding the Company’s development of a potential vaccine against the novel Coronavirus, the conduct and timing of the Phase I study of mRNA-1273, the planning, conduct and timing of a potential Phase 2 and any subsequent trials of mRNA-1273, and potential manufacturing capabilities. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as “will,” “may,” “should,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “aims,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “predicts,” “potential,” “continue,” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology, although not all forward-looking statements contain these words. The forward-looking statements in this summary and FAQ are neither promises nor guarantees, and you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, many of which are beyond Moderna’s control and which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties, and other factors include, among others: the fact that there has never been a commercial product utilizing mRNA technology approved for use; the fact that the rapid response technology in use by Moderna is still being developed and implemented; and those other risks and uncertainties described under the heading “Risk Factors” in Moderna’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and in subsequent filings made by Moderna with the SEC, which are available on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. Except as required by law, Moderna disclaims any intention or responsibility for updating or revising any forward-looking statements contained in this summary and FAQ in the event of new information, future developments or otherwise. These forward-looking statements are based on Moderna’s current expectations and speak only as of the date hereof.

INOVIO Pharmaceuticals, Inc.-INO-4800, a DNA vaccine for COVID-19

Inovio recently completed the preclinical testing of a DNA-based vaccine called INO-4800. And clinical trials are expected to begin in April with patients in the U.S., as well as China and South Korea.

The company expects to have first trial results in the fall and have one million vaccines doses ready by the end of the year.

This press release contains certain forward-looking statements relating to our business, including our plans to develop DNA medicines, our expectations regarding our research and development programs, as well as commercialization activities, including the planned initiation and conduct of clinical trials, the availability and timing of data from those trials and our commercialization strategy and tactics. Actual events or results may differ from the expectations set forth herein as a result of a number of factors, including uncertainties inherent in pre-clinical studies, clinical trials, product development programs and commercialization activities and outcomes, the availability of funding to support continuing research and studies in an effort to prove safety and efficacy of electroporation technology as a delivery mechanism or develop viable DNA medicines, our ability to support our pipeline of DNA medicine products, the ability of our collaborators to attain development and commercial milestones for products we license and product sales that will enable us to receive future payments and royalties, the adequacy of our capital resources, the availability or potential availability of alternative therapies or treatments for the conditions targeted by us or our collaborators, including alternatives that may be more efficacious or cost effective than any therapy or treatment that we and our collaborators hope to develop, issues involving product liability, issues involving patents and whether they or licenses to them will provide us with meaningful protection from others using the covered technologies, whether such proprietary rights are enforceable or defensible or infringe or allegedly infringe on rights of others or can withstand claims of invalidity and whether we can finance or devote other significant resources that may be necessary to prosecute, protect or defend them, the level of corporate expenditures, assessments of our technology by potential corporate or other partners or collaborators, capital market conditions, the impact of government healthcare proposals and other factors set forth in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018, our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2019, and other filings we make from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. There can be no assurance that any product candidate in our pipeline will be successfully developed, manufactured or commercialized, that final results of clinical trials will be supportive of regulatory approvals required to market products, or that any of the forward-looking information provided herein will be proven accurate. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release, and we undertake no obligation to update or revise these statements, except as may be required by law.

If that is to the good of mankind or grounds to be worried, time will tell.

https://www.modernatx.com/modernas-work-potential-vaccine-against-covid-19

http://ir.inovio.com/news-and-media/news/press-release-details/2020/INOVIO-Receives-New-5-Million-Grant-to-Accelerate-Scale-Up-of-Smart-Delivery-Device-for-Its-COVID-19-Vaccine/default.aspx

https://www.globalresearch.ca/coronavirus-gates-foundation/5706842

Edited by Long

23 hours ago, equalz said:

I appreciate your information. But there is currently NO 100% valid cure/vaccin for Corona. So stop spreading lies. There are some medicine who work in the first stage of the virus. But NO 100% cure against later stages... 

Don't try to gaslight me.  I'll laugh at you, as I didn't say that.  Did you even read the studies, or did you just type completely uninformed?

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment, often evoking in them cognitive dissonance and other changes such as low self-esteem.

18 hours ago, notellenPage said:

XD
even in your 'video' you say APPARENTLY XD

so is it cured or is it APPARENTLY cured? XD

I'm gonna quote something here:

I believe you're reffering to this article or another one which is referring to this one.

reduce and improve, in which dictionary reduce+improve=cured? Bro xD

Going back to the topic: if any of you wonder why we have not so many cases here in Poland I have to dispel any rumours - it's not because of the vodka. It's because the tests are taken by patients who landed in the hospital. :)

At least you appear to have read the study.  

There was a 100% cure rate after 6 days of treatment using those two old, fairly safe, FDA approved drugs.

Watch the death rate fall and fall as more tests show that this thing cannot be stopped (we need 'herd immunity).  Stopping a highly communicable virus is like stopping the wind- humans cannot do it.

Here's another article citing that fact that I'm right (we do accept charitable donations, btw), once again.  A supercomputer has determined that there are 77 potential cures.  See drugs that have been around for decades are effective against similar coronavirus vectors, like influenza.  Example: cefzil, a generation 2 cephalosporin antibiotic.  That's just off the top of my head.  

Anyway, thanks for engaging, reading, arguing and calling me out.  The updates on our forum will continue.  Best wishes and may the solar wind be at your back, Bud. 

>;-D 

We hope to see you on the front lines at F|A Recruiting soon.

Edited by L3ftY.
Link removed

• Platinum VIP

For anyone who thinks this is going to be cured quickly, I copied this off Reddit looking for any viruses that we HAVE found a cure for:

A major issue is finding good targets for a drug. Viruses are fundamentally much less “complicated” than bacteria are. A bacterium must be able to all things necessary for life: copy, transcribe, and translate its genome, carry out metabolism, etc etc. While these activities parallel what happens in human cells, the molecular machines that carry them out tend to be quite distinct. In addition, bacteria have cell membranes that are chemically distinct from human cells. Together, this means that there are a number of possible drug targets that should be specific for bacteria and relatively harmless in humans.

Viruses however are much less complicated; rather than have a metabolism or even produce their own proteins they hijack another cell to carry this out instead. Generally, viruses will only produce the proteins they need to get into a cell and hijack it, with possibly some immune evasion genes thrown in as well*. This means that there are much fewer targets for a virus than for a bacteria. When you couple in the fact that viruses tend to have a relatively high mutation rate compared to bacteria, it becomes very hard to make a drug that will last for very long. For example, HIV will mutate resistance to any single antiviral drug within months. This is why patients are now given a cocktail of three drugs; it is statistically very unlikely for the virus to mutate resistance to all three drugs at the same time (so if you get resistance to one the other two still kill it) and this brings the viral load down to almost undetectable levels.

*Viruses are of course very diverse and some can be quite complicated. Poxviruses for example produce their own DNA replication and transcription machinery and quite a few immune-evasion genes.

2 hours ago, smAshomAsh said:

I'll laugh at you, as I didn't say that.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:15 PM, smAshomAsh said:

cured! 

:)

Here's another article citing that fact that I'm right (we do accept charitable donations, btw)

lol XD

A supercomputer has determined that there are 77 potential cures

Yes, I've read about it. Potential, but not cures as I remember but drugs that might helpfull in treatment.

• Like 1

Here in Bulgaria the government announced a state of emergency. It's forbidden to leave the cities unless you have a justifiable reason, there are checkpoints on every exit. All public spaces are closed, even outdoor parks are monitored by police and local security. Only food stores and pharmacies are allowed to stay open. People are encouraged to stay home and go outside only for food and medicine. There are less than 200 infected for now but once you lose control over the spread of the infection, mayhem is guaranteed, like in Italy. Personally I fully support the extreme measures, in moments like these you can't really count on the good will and common sense of the people.

• Like 1