Not enough performance, or not a good connection?

Young Fox

Guys, my FPS is much better!

First, follow @daredevil's advice

Then put these commands in ET

/com_maxfps 144 (or 125)

/r_displayrefresh 144 (or 125)

/r_finish 1

! This allows you to "synchronize" your FPS to your screen! :)
Unfortunately does not work on all maps!

Thanks to @GHARIB for that!

Fox

Edited by Young Fox
  • Like 1

I live near Paris and I use mobile data when I play. I connect my phone to my computer with a USB cable (not wifi !), and tbh the connection is pretty good. Just make sure you don't allow any app update when you play.

This may be a solution for you as well, if you don't want to use your Ethernet cable.

Edit : By the way, I play on a laptop as well : Gigabyte Aero 15v8 (i7-8750h, GTX 1060, 16GB ram, etc...), so pretty close to your computer specs. 

I usually play at 125fps, and I reach them 95% time, except when there are a lot of people and/or smoke, especially on Jay1. 

Edited by K.LisTa
  • Thanks 1

I use the same as yourself.

NVIDIA version 3.20.2.34

GeForce GTX 1060 driver 436.15.

No problem here.

FPS very good.

No lag.

Gengis

No it's not worse ..
It is with certain cards and especially with a certain number of players connected at the same time ...

I have the impression that my shots do no damage and sometimes I have the impression that some are fading.

Before that was it but with micro-cuts, lags .. it still does on large cards, which are generally very heavy ..

• Leader

ok because I saw you have those settings

/com_maxfps : 125

/com_soundmegs : 32

/com_zonemegs : 64

/com_hunkmegs : 128

For zone megs 64 is borderline ok. Big maps are demanding. Hunkmegs are low also from my point of view.

I use this now and it helped me allot especially for big maps and/or when server is full

/com_maxfps : 125

/com_soundmegs : 64 (you can leave it at 32 if you want)

/com_zonemegs : 128

/com_hunkmegs : 512

Maybe it will help you

Edited by rambozo37
  • Thanks 1

-Threaded optimization : Enable

-Vertical synchronization : Enable

make sure these are off 100% of the time. use R_finish 1 to sync frames, VSYNC causes massive imput lag

Image Sharpening : Use the global parameter (off)

-Anti-aliasing, FXAA : Use the global parameter (disable)

-Anti-aliasing, correction gamma : Use the global parameter (enable)

-Anti-aliasing, mode : Use the global parameter (Improve the application setting)

-Anti-aliasing, setting : Use the global parameter (2x)

-Anti-aliasing, transparency : Use the global parameter (disable)

make sure all of these are off as well

/r_primitives 2 is on, make sure you set your affinity to a single core (not 0 or 1 core) this will help as ET was designed for single Core as well as your priority to high, cl_packetdup set to 1

things like your Resolution can play a huge diff, i use 3840x2160 so i need to up the maxpackets to 125 and use Rate anywhere from 60k to 80k.

SV_FPS can be a good 1 as well, try and find a good medium ranging from honestly like 15 - 125, it seems to be very different for diff ppl ( i know your supposed to use 20 or 40 but try it out the difference is quite huge 

if it still sucks let me know, ill keep adding more things lol

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the advice guys! I would not be at home today, I would be back at the end of the afternoon (end of the morning for the U.S.).

@Xernicus Infact, Jay1 always lagged for me, I've never have a smooth game, whether on this PC or the old one, that's why I thought it came from the server or ping, and when I saw that some French people play without any problems, I thought that maybe it came from my home ^^..

Yes, everything that is decorative I take it off ..
It is much better now, but I think the last problem is my connection, because I have the impression of doing no damage, while conversely, two balls are enough to put low hp .. .

I wanted to test with the cable, but I changed last month and the ones I buy are not long enough, I ordered one I would test to see ...

• Like 1

• Leader

@Young Fox 

just a question, have you changed your config lately or did you use someone else config? I am saying this because a weeks and a half ago, like 6-7 members/players asked me on discord to help them because they had game issues and they all seemed to have the same config or tried the same config that was posted on this website. Most of them had game crash or lag issues.

If you are on discord buzz me. I think speaking in French will be much easier for both of us ;) 

• Like 1