ET /Scores

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Platonic said:

In a family soccer game you don't let dad and adult son play against mentally disabled son and 6 year old daughter for half an hour. You even it up so everyone can have some fun.

Yay, I can make weird comparisons too 😛

When the server is 2v2, that may apply...

40 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

When the server is 2v2, that may apply...

Okay multiple families then. 5 dads, 5 adults sons vs 5 handicapped kids and 5 little girls. Still fair? :P

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Haha 3

ive talked on the server jay1 somtimes about if only teams could be evend by skill , but tbh now ..where's? the fun it that teams/players would get bored shitless and probably disconnect, i know what u mean Hipster i keep being told to press tab for teams etc but scores is the only thing i know to look at now when i join the server before i join a team to make it fair

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

Teams should never be evened solely on the sizes of them. 20% of the players carry 80% of the weight, if these 20% are not split up well enough the teams will be uneven, how the other 80% is split is not something that influences the game a lot. 

+1 big time and hence scores which would tell total players + detail info. 

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP

You guys act like joining the server, you just have the option, every time of joining the team of choice. I'm almost always Axis because almost every time I join, Axis is down a player or more. If Allies are down a player, I join Allies. It's very rare that teams are even players, when I come on. I have to think it's that way for most people

Edited by -=HipKat=-

56 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

You guys act like joining the server, you just have the option, every time of joining the team of choice. I'm almost always Axis because almost every time I join, Axis is down a player or more. If Allies are down a player, I join Allies. It's very rare that teams are even players, when I come on. I have to think it's that way for most people

Sometimes when I see teams uneven... And then I see a new guy is joining, I don't put anyone from the other team... Why bother someone for no reason when someone joining can even it..

And as everyone has said... No.s dont always show the correct option.. not even scores do it...

There are multiple times bunny was in allies and still they lost...

It's more like who wants to play objective or not.... 

/Scores is the best parameter we have for an apparant difference in skills and kills...

Otherwise if still it's uneven I tend to put a guy whom I know is a good shooter to the other team...

And if still it's uneven I !shuffle the next map...

It's not entirely possible to make teams 100% perfect all the time... One team will win and the other will lose..

Admins just watch that it's not a massacre of the team... And everyone is having fun :)

• Like 1

bottom line some one wins some one loses.  it takes the bigger man to go to the losing team.et is et not hockey .. or any other sport.

i understand   some players just come on to pwn shit .. but most  are just having fun like bean bags or lawn darts. 

at end of map no one gets paid for there godly ness.  no one gets a pertty trophy. an certainly no one cares u had 300 hs an 100 kills.. 

its a game .. did u throw a fit when u lost in monopoly too.???

• Platinum VIP
2 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

bottom line some one wins some one loses.  it takes the bigger man to go to the losing team.et is et not hockey .. or any other sport.

i understand   some players just come on to pwn shit .. but most  are just having fun like bean bags or lawn darts. 

at end of map no one gets paid for there godly ness.  no one gets a pertty trophy. an certainly no one cares u had 300 hs an 100 kills.. 

its a game .. did u throw a fit when u lost in monopoly too.???

I hope you're not talking to me, mate, because I never said anything about winning or losing, or being butthurt over it, or getting a trophy or any of that. This thread is about HOW teams are balanced, not IF teams are balanced or if it's fair or not

well when i balance i dont just use /scores..  i look at players playing.. how map is going.  i look also team scores ..u know tabs key .. i also look my own abilities as a player...  i pm players i think could move to better game over all.. an yes im talkin to u u started this thread sounds like wawawawa to me.

• Like 4
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
1 minute ago, captnconcrete said:

well when i balance i dont just use /scores..  i look at players playing.. how map is going.  i look also team scores ..u know tabs key .. i also look my own abilities as a player...  i pm players i think could move to better game over all.. an yes im talkin to u u started this thread sounds like wawawawa to me.

No, it's NOT wawawa.... smh

Jeez, God forbid anyone ever question or challenge or suggest changing the way F|A does anything........

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Jeez, God forbid anyone ever question or challenge or suggest changing the way F|A does anything........

Nice argument ending when you suggest something utterly stupid and if other people counter it with their logic or throughts, you call us like we are uptight with message 'God forbid'. 

We didn't stop you from suggesting and even I give explanation but that fact is you are not able to consider that your suggestion/idea was not good and hence throw-back with God forbid opening words. 

If suggesting something is your right then you should also except the answers given by others. 

• Like 5
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, captnconcrete said:

well when i balance i dont just use /scores..  i look at players playing.. how map is going.  i look also team scores ..u know tabs key .. i also look my own abilities as a player...  i pm players i think could move to better game over all.. 

+1

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Crazyshot said:

Remember sometimes the XP don´t say everything

Does it say anything? To me XP is dumbest mistake in ET - as useless as petroleum is for Horse! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 2

• daredevil locked and unlocked this topic