nading yourself after a poison

BitchPudding

i have seen it many times... and i get sick of it. after i throw a knife at someone and it poisons them... the person runs away and grenades themselves essentially denying me a kill. 

i have heard the argument that i should have killed them faster to stop them from denying me a kill, but look at this logic. if you poison someone, should it warrant someone to run away and kill themselves without the person fighting back or running to a medic.  to me, this is unfair. so ask yourself this... should i during the middle of a fire fight keep a bind that kills myself. it makes no sense right? it wastes a perfectly good game, a good kill score, and wastes time on the server...

so i am asking this be reviewed for admins to act on this behavior 

And what if the guy was trying to throw a nade and mistimed it? Do they deserve to be punished for an accident? I mean, it would be just something extra for admins to have to waste their time on when they could be dealing with more important things like evening teams, checking for cheaters, dealing with trolls or whatever.

People do this shit with panzers too. /kill. It's pretty low and childish, but it's not something that's going to change. Kill faster or pick a different weapon, dude. :) /highfive

• Like 8

i have seen it many times... and i get sick of it. after i throw a knife at someone and it poisons them... the person runs away and grenades themselves essentially denying me a kill. 

i have heard the argument that i should have killed them faster to stop them from denying me a kill, but look at this logic. if you poison someone, should it warrant someone to run away and kill themselves without the person fighting back or running to a medic.  to me, this is unfair. so ask yourself this... should i during the middle of a fire fight keep a bind that kills myself. it makes no sense right? it wastes a perfectly good game, a good kill score, and wastes time on the server...

Just to clarify something that you might have misunderstood. Even if you set a bind that kills yourself, the kill would still be awarded to the person who shot you. This applies when you kill yourself within a certain period of time after being shot so technically you doing that in a firefight would make no difference.

A little more information on selfkill: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/71368-suicide/

Edited by blackknight8653
  • Like 1

You cannot /kill yourself while poisoned.

People may run away to find a medic, or may run away to explode themselves, but either way, why not chase down your kill and earn it? Shooting back isn't really an option after getting knifed, so should one just stand still and die for you?

What if someone gets knifed, runs away, and then dies to a totally different person? You've lost your kill, should an admin enforce some kind of no-running-away rule now?

• Like 4

I see no reason to forbid that, it doesn't even happen all the time and getting kills with poisoned knives if really easy anyways. If you use a weapon that gives you a great advantage in 1 vs 1, don't expect people who don't like to use it to keep slowly dying knowing they can't do anything just to feed your KR or whatever. As people told you... secure the kill, there's no such thing as killstealing in ET, if you make his HP reach 0 you get the kill, if you don't then you weren't good enough to get the kill. If someone managed to nade himself before dying then you weren't good enough to get the kill, deal with it. Same goes with panza... don't want to blow yourself into pieces while getting no kill? Cancel the shot and move on. Don't get me wrong, I rarely kill myself in those situations, but I understand why people do it, especially in poisoned knives case.

• Like 9

It's one of those things that are annoying if they happen often. But we can't make rules against it. It's like making a rule against having a "pro attitude". I hate it, but we can't make a rule against it :((pretty please?)

Actually this guys who nades themselfe, gets also sick of the guys who use the troughing knife.

My steps i would do when you Hit me with you knife. I would kill you, run away and nade myself. Or i would let heal me from another medic.

If you run away, so i can't kill you. I would go into another fight and let me kill from another.

At the end, if you have me as enemy you just get a handful of kills.

Everything is part of the game. We need to live with guys who stand with bazooka infront of you shoot. And kill themself too. We need to live with guys who comes in little rooms with flamer. Also we need to live with guys who using their knifes. Then everbody needs to live with the guys who nading themself :)

Easy way i think. 70% of the guys you kill with your knife, wants to have them off.

• Like 2

You cant actually do anything against lame mate, and thats what it is - Lame.

Running after being poison to selfkill (not that I ever using th.knife), but you cant do anything about it

Some people also thinking that Panzer & flame is lame weapon as well, or even the rifle grande(engi weapon) and many others think that knife throw as one big lame as well. You dont really expect admins to act against "lame" with our cmds.. 

My advise - 

Use you'r Mp40/Tompson and give them quick 4 hs instead knife  :P

• Like 1

well, generally if i get knifed, instead of running off to blow myself up, i'll run at you while cooking my grenade! aint life a beech when the guy u knifed runs upto you and kamikazee on you?

also, if someone gets knifed, then runs away to blow then self up, what do you suggest? immunity to ur own grenades? then that will open up a whole new breed of kamikazee grenaders. and nother thing to moan about.

knife the guy and finish him. simple!

also: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/72645-poll-poison-knives-at-jay2-yes-or-no/

have a read. its a common issue... knifes.

• Like 1

Actually there's nothing bad about killing yourself with a grenade after getting poisoned with a knife.... it can be annoing like a guy using panzer all the time or throwing knives all the time but hey, it's part of the game so deal with it.

• Like 3

this game is over 12 yrs old now and people have been killing themselves  after poisoned  forever and will continue to do it

its part of the game and we have no rule thats says you cant and you really expect admins to police that not gonna happen

lame or not is your own opinion but it is what it is get over it :)

Edited by D..X
  • Like 1

• Clan Friend

essentially denying me a kill.

Even a team mate who kills a player you started shooting at denies you a kill. There are lots of ways this can happen. What's more, a kill is a kill. Why don't you run after them and finish them?

If I hit a player once and he runs away, can I say 'he denied me a kill'? Wounding is not killing.

it wastes a perfectly good game, a good kill score, and wastes time on the server...

That happens when you play for the kills... ET is not Quake, it wasn't designed for this, but people do play for kills and scores, instead of playiing for the objective.

When you play for the objective you don't care when the enemy selfkills.

Even if you set a bind that kills yourself, the kill would still be awarded to the person who shot you.

Only in some mods. Not Jaymod, not Etpro...

Actually this guys who nades themselfe, gets also sick of the guys who use the troughing knife.

+100000

• Like 1

Even a team mate who kills a player you started shooting at denies you a kill. There are lots of ways this can happen. What's more, a kill is a kill. Why don't you run after them and finish them?

If I hit a player once and he runs away, can I say 'he denied me a kill'? Wounding is not killing.

That happens when you play for the kills... ET is not Quake, it wasn't designed for this, but people do play for kills and scores, instead of playiing for the objective.

When you play for the objective you don't care when the enemy selfkills.

Only in some mods. Not Jaymod, not Etpro...

+100000

I don't mean to sound rude but I have to disagree with your statement. It does exists on Jaymod as well but like most mods whether the feature is enabled depends on the server admins. If you refer to Jaymod's Documentation, under g_fear as shown in the image below you can see that the feature exist in Jaymod. Since he is talking about jaymod it is relevant...

DqXfT7p.png

As for etpro, I did not play around with etpro server settings before so I am not sure but I believe you are right. However, since the topic starter is referring to jaymod what I stated was correct. Most mods (especially those that are popular or active development besides etpro which is also popular but it might be an exception) have g_fear cvar or similar so my statement is largely correct if we are referring to mods in general.

Edited by blackknight8653

I don't mean to sound rude but I have to disagree with your statement. It does exists on Jaymod as well but like most mods whether the feature is enabled depends on the server admins. If you refer to Jaymod's Documentation, under g_fear as shown in the image below you can see that the feature exist in Jaymod. Since he is talking about jaymod it is relevant...

DqXfT7p.png

As for etpro, I did not play around with etpro server settings before so I am not sure but I believe you are right. However, since the topic starter is referring to jaymod what I stated was correct. Most mods (especially those that are popular or active development besides etpro which is also popular but it might be an exception) have g_fear cvar or similar so my statement is largely correct if we are referring to mods in general.

I think he's referring to the binding selfkill while being poisonsed, not the g_fear command, so that when someone poisons u, u cannot selfkill during that period, except using a nade.

That's what u get for playing some silly knives, pick up a real weapon and u will see then who will run away. Using some stupid knives and getting easy kills with overpowered function of poison is obviously going to lead ppl simply running away and nading themselfs, as every knifer deserves that, to be denied of all the kills until they learn to play properly.

if you poison someone, should it warrant someone to run away and kill themselves without the person fighting back or running to a medic

A simple solution to make ppl like u as frustrated as ppl like me are when someone is annoying entire server with some silly knives, like interenet says, deal with it.

to me, this is unfair

Sorry had to laugh my ass off at this one, u are saying that this is unfair, but the overpowered function of poison isn't? Can't even remember when was the last time i saw some similiar ridiculous add-on than the poison on the knives. U cannot fight, u cannot heal, entire aiming part is fked up, what else u want?

it wastes a perfectly good game, a good kill score, and wastes time on the server...

A good game was wasted as soon as someone like u starts to annoy ppl with these silly knives on the server, just because u like the poisoned knives, doesn't mean that 90% of other ppl like it and obviously they re annoyed by it when they can't even play a proper game for one map without anyone annoying the crap out of them every single spawn getting them poisoned and disabling them having any kind of fun for that period of time.

If u want a good kill score, i recommend u to pick up a SMG and see how good u can get there, when ppl wont be running away and maybe it will be different way.

Easy to whine over something that's already overpowered but before u start whining next time u might want to check all the overpowered functions of poison that currently knives have on jaymod and after that u might realize that if anything, poison knives should be removed to keep game more enjoyable for the rest of players.

• Like 1