nading yourself after a poison

BitchPudding

I think he's referring to the binding selfkill while being poisonsed, not the g_fear command, so that when someone poisons u, u cannot selfkill during that period, except using a nade.

That's what u get for playing some silly knives, pick up a real weapon and u will see then who will run away. Using some stupid knives and getting easy kills with overpowered function of poison is obviously going to lead ppl simply running away and nading themselfs, as every knifer deserves that, to be denied of all the kills until they learn to play properly.

A simple solution to make ppl like u as frustrated as ppl like me are when someone is annoying entire server with some silly knives, like interenet says, deal with it.

Sorry had to laugh my ass off at this one, u are saying that this is unfair, but the overpowered function of poison isn't? Can't even remember when was the last time i saw some similiar ridiculous add-on than the poison on the knives. U cannot fight, u cannot heal, entire aiming part is fked up, what else u want?

A good game was wasted as soon as someone like u starts to annoy ppl with these silly knives on the server, just because u like the poisoned knives, doesn't mean that 90% of other ppl like it and obviously they re annoyed by it when they can't even play a proper game for one map without anyone annoying the crap out of them every single spawn getting them poisoned and disabling them having any kind of fun for that period of time.

If u want a good kill score, i recommend u to pick up a SMG and see how good u can get there, when ppl wont be running away and maybe it will be different way.

Easy to whine over something that's already overpowered but before u start whining next time u might want to check all the overpowered functions of poison that currently knives have on jaymod and after that u might realize that if anything, poison knives should be removed to keep game more enjoyable for the rest of players.

Sorry I might have misunderstood what Sunlight said if I did I apologise but what I was trying to say was if he selfkill during a firefight the kill would be awarded to the person who last shot him (if you read the topic starter's post you would realise what I meant. The topic starter was referring to a firefight instead of the player being poisoned towards the end of his post.) so I was trying to respond to the topic starter's original statement that he cannot do that even if he feels like doing that as a sign of revenge for the other player killing himself with a grenade due to the player being poisoned thus, causing the topic starter to lose a kill. Just to clarify what I was trying to convey. I am sorry if I offended anyone by mistake. I hope Sunlight and you are not mad at me. :)

In case you are wondering about which statement posted by the topic starter I was referring to:

so ask yourself this... should i during the middle of a fire fight keep a bind that kills myself. it makes no sense right? it wastes a perfectly good game, a good kill score, and wastes time on the server...

Edited by blackknight8653

i have seen it many times... and i get sick of it. after i throw a knife at someone and it poisons them... the person runs away and grenades themselves essentially denying me a kill. 

i have heard the argument that i should have killed them faster to stop them from denying me a kill, but look at this logic. if you poison someone, should it warrant someone to run away and kill themselves without the person fighting back or running to a medic.  to me, this is unfair. so ask yourself this... should i during the middle of a fire fight keep a bind that kills myself. it makes no sense right? it wastes a perfectly good game, a good kill score, and wastes time on the server...

so i am asking this be reviewed for admins to act on this behavior 

Admin lvl999 of internet says you need to bind key to quit , do use it in middle of fight .    lol using lame ass poison knives and complaining of not getting kills  .. smd .

• Like 6

• Clan Friend

I don't mean to sound rude but I have to disagree with your statement.

There is no rudeness in correcting someone who was wrong, if it is so.

My only experience with Jaymod is FA servers. Since I don't remember seeing the 'scared to death' thing there on Jaymod, I assumed it wasn't there. Probably people shouldn't assume too much :)

• Like 1

this game is over 12 yrs old now and people have been killing themselves  after poisoned  forever and will continue to do it

its part of the game and we have no rule thats says you cant and you really expect admins to police that not gonna happen

lame or not is your own opinion but it is what it is get over it :)

this is not true for everyone. i have been to other servers that have enforced this.

i will record it and present the case, but this is unbeliveable that many of you support people who kill themselves after a legitamite shot. its not immediate that your able to switch to gun and kill the person and depending if i run out of knifes or if the person moves then i cant always get a shot at the moment they kill themselves. so if everyone knows that switching weapons takes about 1-2 seconds then how will i protect my kill if someone already nades themselves before i am able to kill them.

I think he's referring to the binding selfkill while being poisonsed, not the g_fear command, so that when someone poisons u, u cannot selfkill during that period, except using a nade.

That's what u get for playing some silly knives, pick up a real weapon and u will see then who will run away. Using some stupid knives and getting easy kills with overpowered function of poison is obviously going to lead ppl simply running away and nading themselfs, as every knifer deserves that, to be denied of all the kills until they learn to play properly.

A simple solution to make ppl like u as frustrated as ppl like me are when someone is annoying entire server with some silly knives, like interenet says, deal with it.

Sorry had to laugh my ass off at this one, u are saying that this is unfair, but the overpowered function of poison isn't? Can't even remember when was the last time i saw some similiar ridiculous add-on than the poison on the knives. U cannot fight, u cannot heal, entire aiming part is fked up, what else u want?

A good game was wasted as soon as someone like u starts to annoy ppl with these silly knives on the server, just because u like the poisoned knives, doesn't mean that 90% of other ppl like it and obviously they re annoyed by it when they can't even play a proper game for one map without anyone annoying the crap out of them every single spawn getting them poisoned and disabling them having any kind of fun for that period of time.

If u want a good kill score, i recommend u to pick up a SMG and see how good u can get there, when ppl wont be running away and maybe it will be different way.

Easy to whine over something that's already overpowered but before u start whining next time u might want to check all the overpowered functions of poison that currently knives have on jaymod and after that u might realize that if anything, poison knives should be removed to keep game more enjoyable for the rest of players.

a good game is not wasted if a weapon is avaialble that once thrown at someone takes out about 50 xp in one shot. so explain to me how it is a wasted game. whether they are annoyed or not... its a legitatement weapon and you shouldnt speak for everyone as being annoyed. so please when you reply, make sure your bias zipper isnt down for everyone to see.

Players hate poison knife users.

Player using poison knife hates players for nading themselves. 

Justice served? What's the big deal. Nade and knife's both are part of the game. Enjoy and have fun. 5 kills here and there doesn't make you rich or poor. :P

sorry i dont believe your term of justice is correct. your term appears to be an eye for an eye which is the same perverted term used in ferguson and baltimore. better read a legal dictionary.

the big deal is when i knife someone they kill themselves. like i said.... should i kill myself during a firefight. should i killmyself when i see a sniper point at me. should i kill myself when airstrikes are around.

i dont believe im going to find anyone who sees this logic without bias based on their opinion of poison knives.

i dont believe im going to find anyone who sees this logic without bias based on their opinion of poison knives.

I hope you'll understand why I've quoted this line.

I guess one can look at it this way even if that person kills himself or you decide to kill yourself in a firefight, you will lose your spree so even if the other player did not get to kill you, you will tend to lose out as well as besides losing your spree you might end up seeing yourself as having many deaths without a single kill. I doubt you doing that as a sign of revenge would be fun to you since you don't even get to have a kill since you will kill yourself each time.

If you are annoyed at people suiciding themselves when being poisoned by throwing a grenade think of it this way if the person still has a spree, he will still lose his spree. Even if you lost a kill, the other player also lost a chance to get a spree.

I suppose this should resolve your issue regarding this.

Edited by blackknight8653

People, like me, who hate to get poisoned because it's lame and overpowered (in my opinion and especially talking about the throwing knifes.. nq has a poison needle which requires more skill but i still think it's lame) will go kamikaze, kill themselves or like I do, go hunt down the one that poisoned you and then hope to have enough time to explode on own nade.. Switching to gun takes 1-2 seconds? Well it's not like a nade explodes the second you pull the pin out... Probably takes about 5 seconds to explode which gives you plenty of time to get the kill...

Point is.. People who poison me annoy me so I'll annoy them back by suiciding... Simple. Don't like it, get another gun

I take my analaizing hat off before I relaxe and click on my gaming icons.

Don't compare Quake followers to et nut jobs either, we used to kick people just for chat kills. Man I miss the Dialup days.

• Clan Friend

its a legitatement weapon and you shouldnt speak for everyone as being annoyed.

Any weapon in the game is a legitimate weapon, that's true. But every change they make to the game leads to a different game. And this different game could be better or worse.

When you play panzerwar low gravity, firing the panzerfaust rapidly and being able to fly is 'legitimate', but it's something I wouldn't do on a regular basis, because I think the original game is better. Same is poisoned knives.

Even in the original (etmain or etpro) game people have always complained about overpowered weapons or 'lame' tactics: fg42 a.k.a. 'fag42', panzerfaust ('noobstick', or was it rifle?) and rifle grenades, campers, 'proners' , etc.

On etpro servers they often tried to remove these things (prone delay, limited weapons, etc.)

In the 'fun mods' world instead, modders thought this wasn't enough already, so they added tons of stuff (m97, poison, molotov, trip mines, etc.) on one hand because they wanted their mod to be unique (and not a clone of etpro), and on the other hand because their average users played more 'for fun', and they didn't mind changes to a game that was already balanced (they probably never cared about balance anyway). And so we saw all this proliferation of new classes and XP levels (as if ET was an rpg game, what's next? gold to buy weapons?) new weapons, and so on.

In the future they might add a super nuclear weapon, so that whoever clicks first (axis or allies) after the game starts, kills all the enemies and wins the game at once. It would be 'legitimate', but the game would suck ass.

I use poison knifes ,when playing against stronger players ( mostly raters). And i also try to find medic to heal me or just find the way ,so others cant kill me :)

I play for object . If poisoned player runs away ,i start to find next one,but not everytime :P

I understand that some weapons are annoying ,but its a part of the game.

You should be happy ,that we dont have Molotovs ( massive spawn camping). Im talking about Jaymode, maybe silent or nq has em :P

Also i use /kill in fight (for that u can get kill ) ,but as i have said, I play for object.

Peace! -Flag-

this is not true for everyone. i have been to other servers that have enforced this.

i will record it and present the case, but this is unbeliveable that many of you support people who kill themselves after a legitamite shot. its not immediate that your able to switch to gun and kill the person and depending if i run out of knifes or if the person moves then i cant always get a shot at the moment they kill themselves. so if everyone knows that switching weapons takes about 1-2 seconds then how will i protect my kill if someone already nades themselves before i am able to kill them.

well its true to everyone here  we dont enforce it  we run fun servers not rating servers we dont care about your kd or your killing sprees 

we are here to have fun bottom line we have servers with 30 -64 people playing at any given time we cant keep an eye and discipline   everyone

who decides to kill themselves after there poisoned we have better things too do like keeping our servers clean dealing with trolls and stackers 

in my honest opinion  if you poison some one AND YOU allow them to run away then maybe you dont deserve that kill 3 words for ya secure your kill 

Edited by D..X