POLL: Poison knives at Jay2? Yes or no

*ReVeRZe*..!?

Poison knives @ Jaymod 2  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Allow poison on knives @ JAYMOD 2

• Keep the poison
    • Delete poison

Dear ET members, players of Jaymod #2.

Since a lot of players have been complaining arguing about the issue of throwing poison knives.

I have decided to make a poll.

I'm aware certain servers of =F|A= do not have poison added on the knives. However jaymod 2 does.

In many cases it is annoying and frustrating. The speed advantage of a throwing knive added with poison to keep it simple: possibly overpowered

Some of you like it, that's why i'm opening this democratic solution.

You can pass your wheter you'd like to have poison or to get rid of it.

This poss is not only for our clan-members, Von Rantala and myself thought it would be better our regulars could pass a vote themself.

You can pass on your vote and add why you would like to have poison or to change it and get rid of it.

The more opinions, the better.

Kind regards,

Reverze

Edited by *ReVeRZe*..!?
  • Like 4

It's very annoying yes, especially when you don't know or don't want to use them yourself. I used to think that's it's also part of the game, annoying or not we should just handle it like adults :D I hated to see people dove on their grenades after being poisoned, but now I understand.
They're REALLY really annoying like you have no idea how annoying they are and people are abusing them too much, at this point I just want to take them away to spite those horrible abusive regulars :D
Sorry regulars, I love you nevertheless.

• Like 3

j2 is for crazyville..let knives stay or use throw with no poison..you could take them off j1 i'd love that : D

Edited by Raskin

Hate it, that's why I don't play on jaymod.. But then again enough other servers to play on :)

• Like 1

It's not for me, i can handle knifes ;)

I just know lots of people despise it.

I meant in general, really, not targeted specifically at you. Hah.

In general, the real issue, selfish gameplay and a lack of an official support role. If medics HP had been toned down and the class was a better delegated healing class, you would see more counters to things poison knives. Better teamwork. As much as I dislike the game, TF2 did medics best. Support all the way with the possibility of getting frags- Not the main go to frag class because of heals.

Because of this most medics on a team tend to lead the front lines and do their own thing, tossing out a revive here and there, or an occasional heal when really necessary. When I jumped into ET after a good many years, the one thing I had trouble with was having a good medic nearby to toss out a pack here and there. Usually when I pick the class I'm always trying to stay behind the better fraggers and keep them alive.

I hate limiting any weapon in a game, even if I despise it. More shit to kill people with, the better.

Also there's the fact that gameplay in Jaymod should never be taken seriously. It's a fun arcade mod. Something to just f*** around with.

• Like 3

What about only covert ops having poison knives? Since cvops are pretty useless in jaymod (almost everyone have signals level 4).

Give a guy FG42 + adre and good luck dueling him 1on1, so annoying already with adre to deal with them, cant even imagine having them extra poison knives to deal with.

For me whoever decided to create poison knives should be punched in the face, the most dumb thing i have ever seen in jaymod, has actual no proper meaning to the game, as its completely overpowered, since u can't heal yourself, teammates most of the time don't even heal, regardless of spamming v21 or pushing them, they will simply ignore it and move onwards, not to mention the aiming part completely gets dizzed, so u can't even kill anyone after u have been poisoned.

Never really liked this part of jaymod, as it was always ridiculous add-on and requires absolutely no skill in order to f*** up someones fun while trying to enjoy playing ET, if the knives were only set without poison i could deal with that somehow, but setting it with poison is completely dumb and just ruins the game for the rest of 95% of ppl who tend to play the game on "normal" ways.

• Like 8

I vote to keep it as-is. Most people only dislike the knives when they're getting killed, or because they aren't good with knives themselves. It's also a great way to deal with the Rambo-medic plague, since one can't self-heal the poison away. I'm not even good, and I can dodge a knife, so complaints fall on dear ears to me about knives.

Also, there are no useless jobs, just useless team-mates.

• Like 1

oh my god! just cuz u cant use em reve! go play fun server or beginners server, where is no poison, but i tell you, to the people who use knifes, it would make no difference! when we head shot u with a knife! even without poison! ur still gonna die! maybe not as often as you would if it was a poison knife, but that instant hit! and deduction of HP is a huge disadvantage. if you get hit by a thrown knife, poison or not, 9/10 times ur gonna die, cos they had time to knife u!!!

i vote keep the poison, iirc its the ONLY server F|A offers out with poison knives.

• Like 1