Other ET crashing everytime [ ]

PhoeniXx

Question

It started when I took a new and a better pc with more graphics and all

All over a better system from the last one... I copied and pasted whole of my wolfenstein ET folder from the old pc to the new one

It used to crash sometimes after that... But now whenever I start the game it crashes irrespective of the server I join... 

El! Tried to help me - 

1. I tried the pk3 cleaner to remove all shit files and all it didn't work

2. I tried the hunkmegs and sound mega thingy

3. I downloaded a new et and installed as a separate game.... But still it crashed

4. I tried playing via etlegacy and still it's crashing

My antivirus and pc are all new... So I really don't know what's the issue that's causing it...

If someone helps me... It would be really great

• Sad 1

Try to not copy the old files, but instead delete everything and make a fresh install. Once if you get on server after dl all as fresh, paste your guids and cfg only.

Another I can think of is the AV. Which are you using? Avg atleast has issues, also Avast.

• Like 1

I've tried helping him with this issue but I can't figure it out. @RendeL I've recommended a clean install without moving any files and that didn't work. @MikeSlayer No error message, just CTD.

I've asked about graphics drivers, they're up to date.

He's told me his AV is fine and he can't find any problems with it.

Also tried a clean ETLegacy install, that didn't work.

Only thing I can suggest is to make sure no other programs like Discord aren't running the background. Maybe someone else has the solution.

• Like 1

I have had that same problem with my new PC a few months ago. I could not make W:ET work on it. But ETL work quite well though.

So what means a clean ETL install for you exactly ? Because after you installed it with the installer it wont work and it is normal. When you lauch ETL what are the messages you see in your ETL console ? It tells you there are DLL missing ? It tells you ui_mp_x86.dll is missing ?

Gengis

Edited by Gengis

• Leader

You could try the Windows Compatibility tool or setting...?

A condump would help, as might a copy of your etconsole.log file from etamin.  (It gets overwritten each time that ET is started).

• Like 1

pc specs?  o/s ? i could give it a go.

possibly . not filing ur et correct.. so it cant open certain stuff . make sure its all running as admin.

possibly missing a pak. like 0pak 1 pak 2 pak. 

make sure  ur x86.dll are there ? make sure ur running in compatibility mod.go to sucurity and make sure its all allowed.   u could also click on et icon eted.exe  read what it say s cuz if its crashing with no error  there gotta be something there tells u  not working. crash with no errors .. gotta be something like being blocked by av  but av wouuld say something. bout it. or just not correct permission. possibly a open gl  problem with ur gpu.  u could also try delete ur cfg file and let it create a new one.

maybe post a video of whats going on .. u  click on icon and it loads and crash or it dont even load?an does it just  kick u back to desktop  does it do any goofy shat?

Edited by captnconcrete

• Leader

Just for curiosity's sake, can you open the etconfig.cfg in your profile folder in etmain?

See what value it has for "r_lastValidRenderer".  It should be the same as your current video-card, not the one in your previous computer.

If that has a 'wrong value' then it could be a clue to the mystery...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

Thanks for all the answers,

Here are a few things - 

Untitled.thumb.png.b0d3e79ae220058da4c5259ad04fc805.pngpc specs

details.txt - This is the condump when i joined the game and it crashed its from before i could join any server

details2(jay3).txt - This is once i tried to join jay1( but instead joined jay3 due to full server) and it got crashed after like 5-7 mins

@captnconcretei will try the things in that video maybe after sometime

IMG_20190921_202659648.thumb.jpg.7161825b19ac8b94eeef7204f7059b77.jpg

Last valid renderer @RedBaird

Edited by PhoeniXx

This is what happens when I start the game...

IMG_20190921_200151209.jpg

@RedBaird tried the windows compatibility testing - Untitled2.thumb.png.7fc9af46ad35049b1e258c09e87f55f2.png

These are the results and game still crashing

EDIT  - Ran ET as administrator but still crashing 😕 

Edited by PhoeniXx

So that graphics card shown in lastvalidrenderer thing is the one you have? Did you set ET to use nvidia in nvidia panel or it chose nvidia by default? Did u try to run ET with Intel?

You can send the crash information from Windows - it should be generated somewhere if it crashes like this but I dont remember where. I will try to come up with something else when Im on my PC.

The thing that it crashes the same way with ETL as well is weird - ETLegacy fixes the vast majority of incompability issues on latest systems with ET, so it seems rather like a system issue. Did u try running other games? A couple with quake3 engine would be even better.

Edited by kajto3

9 minutes ago, kajto3 said:

So that graphics card shown in lastvalidrenderer thing is the one you have? Did you set ET to use nvidia in nvidia panel or it chose nvidia by default? Did u try to run ET with Intel?

You can send the crash information from Windows - it should be generated somewhere if it crashes like this but I dont remember where. I will try to come up with something else when Im on my PC.

Yea it chose Nvidia by default I didn't alter any settings..

Also nope I didnt run ET with Intel

will et run in safe mode ?

if it used to work and now it does not it possibly is caused by a graphics driver update or windows update et prefers older drivers on my setup

try rolling back graphics driver or using system restore to roll back your computer to when it worked properly or try a legacy driver for older software 

you can always undo this and if you get it running again turn off auto updates

So the easiest way to access windows error logs is pressing Windows button + r and type eventvwr - look for ET crashes there

Mike I don't think many applications work in safe mode, but it can be worthy trying with ET...

Be sure to try running ET with Intel integrated card Phoenix!

besides - I don't get how did you manage to get these condumps, so it crashes after ET is loaded or during loading? You say you actually joined a server and then it crashes, in another post you said it crashes during startup. Please make it clear:)

Edited by kajto3