NHL Season 2015-2016

von Rantala

Well from the Leafs I hear Lupul, Rielly, Van Riemsdyk, Bozak and Reimer much, also Hollande seems to be a rising star (I might be wrong), also Crosby and well I wouldn't say he's my favorite player but he's a damn good goalie and that's Carey Price, didn't like him playing against the Leafs xD  Haven't seen much other teams playing or haven't payed much attention to those teams, I do remember Krieger was fighting last game I watched, that for some reason gets my attention more xD :P

• Like 2

Well from the Leafs I hear Lupul, Rielly, Van Riemsdyk, Bozak and Reimer much, also Hollande seems to be a rising star (I might be wrong), also Crosby and well I wouldn't say he's my favorite player but he's a damn good goalie and that's Carey Price, didn't like him playing against the Leafs xD  Haven't seen much other teams playing or haven't payed much attention to those teams, I do remember Krieger was fighting last game I watched, that for some reason gets my attention more xD :P

Yeah Reimer has played well lately :) Keep eye on Komarov he is my favorite player, i like him a lot, leader type player, who always leave everything in ice, i love players who come to national team tournaments and in 2013-2014 he decided to come back to Europe to get better chance to be in Finnish Olympic team, it was first time when i hear that someone decide to come play to europe only to get better chance to be in national team roster!

Wild played they worst game of the year and lost the game, Dubnyk didn't play well, and now we really mist those Brodziak (our best PK guy for last 4 year) and Cooke, our penalty kill was NHL best in last season and we let half of that group go, i didnt like that at all, but has been quiet on thing to see how we can play without those key penalty killers and we really suck now, we was in 26 place before last night game and allowed two goal(against NHL worst Powerplay team (PIT was 30 in powerplay)), it has been huge weak point to us and we have to fix it. I havent like that coach challenge either, its just pure luck if they take goal back or not, there is not clear rules on goalie inteference, in one game they say its goalie inteference and second game they say for same situation it is not. On offside its more clear, but for goalie inteference, i think its should disallow to make coach challange on goalie inteference situations or make clear rules on those. All cry how goal amount dropp every year, and if we should make bigger goals etc, and then they make rules what cut down goal amounts. I didnt like how they allow that goal where they cleary inteferenced Dubnyk, but because we played our worst game of year, its no matter, we didnt earn win today. Lose of Parise start to show and a lot, we are two line team now, third line or fourth line cant make goals, and we was without our best PK (of this year) guy also (Haula) in this game because flu, i still hope that we would take Brodziak back. Let see. Dubnyk and Wild havent lost two regular time game row after Dubnyk came to Wild and i hope in next game we can win Boston. I hope we can be in second or first place in our Division end of year to get home ice and to show our prediction as a team.

Yeah Reimer has played well lately :) Keep eye on Komarov he is my favorite player, i like him a lot, leader type player, who always leave everything in ice, i love players who come to national team tournaments and in 2013-2014 he decided to come back to Europe to get better chance to be in Finnish Olympic team, it was first time when i hear that someone decide to come play to europe only to get better chance to be in national team roster!

Yes Komarov is good too, I guess I forgot his name..  Already surprised I could sum up that many :D Very much liked the win yesterday, some strong power plays, and ofc the Leafs have the NHL best coach so they will rise, maybe not this season (i don't know how long they will have time to rise) but next or the one after ;)

So when season will get to midpoint i will go and make new team news, but now in first quarter i will do couple top 5 list for you.

Best players of first quarter

Best player of first quarter is in my mind Henrik Lundqvist, his save percante 94,6 is amazing and if he can keep it in 94,0 range it would be new NHL record and Vezina win for sure, even that Lunqvist would allow next 10 shot he still would be in 92,7 save percante that tell a lot of his great start, it is one of best NHL goalie starts ever and he can be MVP end of season if he continue like he has played now, i have seen couple highligh game from NYR and Lundqvist is very electrict and lively and agressive in goal, just like Rinne was first half of last season, its not easy to keep that kind gamestyle whole year when its so wearing but if he can do it we can see something what we see only couple time in century, Price played awesome season last year, and now Lundqvist playing even better hockey. Let see. Kane is in second place.

Top 5 Players of first quarter

1. Henrik Lundqvist (G) NYR

2. Patrick Kane (RW) CHI

3. John Klingberg (D) DAL

4. Erik Karlsson (D) OTT

5. Jamie Benn (LW) DAL

Top 5 Goalies of first quarter

1. Henrik Lundqvist (NYR)

2. Martin Jones (SJS)

3. Cory Schneider (NJ)

4. Carey Price (MTL)

5. Braden Holtby (WSH)

Top 5 Defenders of first quarter

1. John Klingberg (DAL)

2. Erik Karlsson (OTT)

3. Ryan Suter (MIN)

4. Brent Burns (SJS)

5. P.K. Subban (MTL)

Top 5 Left Wingers

1. Jamie Benn (DAL)

2. Max Pacioretty (MTL)

3. Artemi Panarin (CHI)

4. Taylor Hall (EDM)

5. Johnny Gaudreau (CGY)

Top 5 Right Wingers

1. Patrick Kane (CHI)

2. Vladimir Tarasenko (STL)

3. Mats Zuccarello (NYR)

4. Jaromir Jagr (FLA)

5. Tyler Toffoli (LAK)

Top 5 Centers

1. Tyler Seguin (DAL)

2. David Krejci (BOS)

3. Mikko Koivu (MIN) (NHL best SAT%)

4. Joe Pavelski (SJS)

5. Patrice Bergeon (BOS)

Top 5 Rookies

1. Artemi Panarin (LW) CHI

2. Dylan Larkin © DET

3. Colton Parayko (D) STL

4. Max Domi (LW) ARI

5. Connor McDavid © EDM

Top 5 Disappoinments

1. Marian Gaborik (RW) LAK

2. Columbus Blue Jackets

3. Semeyon Varlamov (G) COL

4. Matt Carle (D) (TBL)

5. Zemgus Girgensons (BUF)

Top 5 Surprises

1. Martin Jones (G) SJS

2. Dale Weise (RW) MTL

3. Dion Phaneuf (D) TOR

4. Linus Ulmark (G) BUF

5. Jared Spurgeon (D) MIN

TOP 5 Two-way Players

1. Mikko Koivu © MIN

2. Patrice Bergeron © BOS

3. Jonathan Toews © CHI

4. Andrew Ladd (LW) WPG

5. Henrik Zetterberg © DET

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Top 5 Disappoinments

1. Marian Gaborik (RW) LAK

2. Columbus Blue Jackets

3. Semeyon Varlamov (G) COL

4. Matt Carle (D) (TBL)

5. Zemgus Girgensons (BUF)

i agree. i am disappointed in the entire team too. :P

...but speaking of goalies and ofc being a leaf fan, i cant help but notice leaf goalie Reimer is ahead of Price and 4th overall in save percentage. and a .750 svpct in shootouts isnt bad either.

Save Percentage Leaders - Qualified
                                                                                            SHOOTOUTS
RK PLAYER             TEAM   GP   W   L OTL GAA GA SAV   SVPCT SO SA SV SVPCT
1 Henrik Lundqvist, G NYR  17   12   3 2 1.74 30 553 523    .946     2 6 3 .500
2 Michal Neuvirth,    G PHI   10   4     3 1 2.07 19 310 291    .939    3 0 0 .000
3 Petr Mrazek,         G DET  12   6    4 1 2.15 24 371 347     .935    1 0 0 .000
4 James Reimer,     G TOR  15   7    3 4 2.07 31 468 437     .934    0 20 15 .750
5 Carey Price,         G MTL   11   9    4 1 1.98 30 439 409     .932    3 3 3 1.000
7 Martin Jones,        G SJ     17   11   5 0 2.02 32 453 421    .929    3 3 2 .667
8 Cory Schneider,    G NJ    16   10    5 1 2.05 33 456 423    .928   1 10 6 .600
9 Thomas Greiss,   G NYI    10   5     3 2 2.26 22 300 278     .927   0 0 0 .000
10 Braden Holtby,    G WSH 16   12   4 0 1.88 30 407 377     .926   1 4 4 1.000

btw, the leafs are now offering Bernier for free to anyone who wants a washed up goalie. 

• Like 2

i agree. i am disappointed in the entire team too. :P

...but speaking of goalies and ofc being a leaf fan, i cant help but notice leaf goalie Reimer is ahead of Price and 4th overall in save percentage. and a .750 svpct in shootouts isnt bad either.

SHOOTOUTS
RK PLAYER             TEAM   GP   W   L OTL GAA GA SAV   SVPCT SO SA SV SVPCT
1 Henrik Lundqvist, G NYR  17   12   3 2 1.74 30 553 523    .946     2 6 3 .500
2 Michal Neuvirth,    G PHI   10   4     3 1 2.07 19 310 291    .939    3 0 0 .000
3 Petr Mrazek,         G DET  12   6    4 1 2.15 24 371 347     .935    1 0 0 .000
4 James Reimer,     G TOR  15   7    3 4 2.07 31 468 437     .934    0 20 15 .750
5 Carey Price,         G MTL   11   9    4 1 1.98 30 439 409     .932    3 3 3 1.000
7 Martin Jones,        G SJ     17   11   5 0 2.02 32 453 421    .929    3 3 2 .667
8 Cory Schneider,    G NJ    16   10    5 1 2.05 33 456 423    .928   1 10 6 .600
9 Thomas Greiss,   G NYI    10   5     3 2 2.26 22 300 278     .927   0 0 0 .000
10 Braden Holtby,    G WSH 16   12   4 0 1.88 30 407 377     .926   1 4 4 1.000

btw, the leafs are now offering Bernier for free to anyone who wants a washed up goalie. 

Sure Reimer wasnt easy choise to leave out, but i gave a lot value to win amount and Jones was in there because he was biggest reason why Sharks take 6 game winning streaks in road. Reimer was close, he was last goalie who i dropp out, it was he or Holtby for fifth place and i decided to give to Holtby this time becuse they save percante and GA% was almost same, but Holtby has more wins, Price was in list because so great start for the season (MTL Best) I didnt put any players in lists only because stats, i put it in there because some had large value to they teams, some was there because points, but example Jagr value to team was bigger than some of players who i leave out, but was front of him in stats. Reimer value to team was big, but that was Schneider and Jones and Price too and Lundqvist and Holtby was in there because great stats.

• Like 1

What? what? WHAT?!? NHL recognize Wild and Mikko Koivu also http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=789285&navid=nhl:topheadsWow its super rare that NHL.com give any good words on Wild or they Players! Daam feel good when idols finally get appreciation what they earned! (Feel like you get appreciation or good feedback too)There is even Wild fans who dont like Koivu after they signed Parise own city boy, some Wild fans always wait more points from Koivu, without seeing his great two-way play, those as i call rookie NHL/Wild fans, who only watch stats and dont watch behind game. Most Wild fans love Koivu as i do! Great job Koivu! Wow it was great to read that topic!

EDIT

So Andersen from Anaheim is injured, Gibson was changed in goal against Calgary and they won game, i think Gibson can spark team if he play couple huge game for Anaheim and then we can see old Anaheim again, i think that Anaheim will still win they own division what is NHL most weakest atm. Andersen was good in goal, but Gibson can be better and spark team.

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

We lost against Vancouver after worst game of the year, we played good first period, season worst second period and third period, yes we got chance to tie game in end after goal from Coyle, but Miller made great saves, he played great game and Dubnyk allowed couple easy goal, i havent been fully happy of Dubnyk game yet, we allowe too much goals, his GA% is 2,54, that way too hight, but even that he keep allowe easy goals now and then, he also make huge save for us and keep us in games, we lose games in small difference. Dubnyk stas will go better when we start defence better, now our defence play suck, i think its worst defence game from Wild what i have seen in last 6 year and that mean two season when we was outside of playoff too, we make crazy mistakes and turn overs, our forwards not come defence zone to help our defenders enough quickly, plus we have been super unlucky on bounce pucks, we have allowed about 6-8 goal what has gone in goal from our own players. Dubnyk should have save one of those goals in last game, but i still keep him in my goal, he keep us in games very often and even that his stats are not even close to top 10, he has played great games too when  he has allowed 3 goal because poor defence. If we get defence fixed we can win Cup for sure, all the other part is in needed lvl, and i dont mean that our defenders played badly, no, defence play is 5 player job, our defenders has been good in offencive zone.

Wild Disappoinments in first quarter

1. Matt Dumba (D), i has waited a lot more from him, i am happy that i take Zidlicky back to my group, and probably will trade Dumba in trade deadline or even faster, i wish that we would give chance to Reilly (AHL) Maybe Wild should think of trade Dumba too, he has amazing shot, but his defence play is risk for us.

2. Jordan Schroederer and Jason Pomminville name monster (Schroederer) have only 1 goal in his first 11 game, i dont know why Yeo keep using him, Yeo should give more game time to Haula or some other AHL forwards instead of Schroederer, and for Jason Pomminville no goals in first 20 games, only 10 assist and first line minutes, Yeo just keep Pomminville in first unit even that he dont get anything happen, Granlund, Vanek and Parise (Before injury) is feeding Pomminville, but he cant put puck in the net, plus his defencive play and placement suck and he give a lot giveways. In my mind Wild should give bench posting to him for game or two to wake him up. I hope when Parise come back Yeo keep Vanek in first line and not Pomminville

3. Penalty kill, one of worst what i have seen for many years from Wild, we let Cooke, Brodziak go which made our penalty kill best of NHL last year and we give very less gametime for Prosser who was our best penalty killer in last year and second best in this year.

Wild top succeeds

1. Mikko Koivu and his line, i has been so happy to see my big idol in great line again, Zucker and Koivu can be season top 3 best duo in NHL

2. Powerplay, we was in bottom last year, this year we are in top 10, we still have problems to get puck in offencive zone time to time, but when we get puck in the offincive zone we are good!

3. Jared Spurgeon officive game has been huge surprise to me, i never liked Spurgeon much, but he has done good and solid job in this season, make right choises in offincive zone, not give giveways and use his shoot wisely, only where i hope to see him doing better job is in defence zone, he is minus player to often.

Wild is in second Wild card but has less games than St. Louis, Nashville and Chicago which Wild can overtake if Wild win all 3 game what they are sort in some of those teams.

Edited by von Rantala

Season first live game for me starting :) We got Parise back :) hopefully boys take win today :) Yeo put Coyle in first line, lol he love Coyle, Coyle his favorite player, let see, i was hoping to see Vanek in there, but maybe he will be moved to that line in second or third period :)

• Like 1

Season first live game for me starting :) We got Parise back  hopefully boys take win today :) Yeo put Coyle in first line, lol he love Coyle, Coyle his favorite player, let see, i was hoping to see Vanek in there, but maybe he will be moved to that line in second or third period 

Enjoy! Figure I have to watch this too, first time I watch them play :)

PS I do not like their colors! xD they look like elves... But that ofc has nothing to do with the quality of play :P

Aaaand the first fight is a fact!

• Like 1

Daam i was pissed of after lose, didnt want to come site and vent, i was so unhappy on our game, every of Yeo coaching year we has gone periods when we lose 9 game from 10 or 17 from 20 because we play like we has played in two last game. First time in my life i was so disappointent that i started to think to follow other team than Wild, i am so pissed that we havent kick Yeo out already, we had chance to take Bylsma, Laviolette couple year ago, last summer we had chance to take Bylsma or Babcock, we still could take Carlyle or Paul MacLean. We have roster which should be in top 3 of western teams and now we are again second Wild card. Our play has been awful in last 6 game, our penalty kill suck and Dubnyk allow easy goals. Yeo make same daam mistakes every year, overplay number one goalie, overplay Suter, and cant make changes when our came strugle, those losing streaks what we every year have has almost killed us every year and because those we havent win Cup, i think we have all the rest of parts to winning Cup except coach staff. Let see if Fletcher finally kick Yeo if we lose couple next game too with these booring gaming style.

I am sorry Sis that first game from Wild what you saw was our season worst, i hope that when next EU coming live, you give Wild second chance and watch game. We are a lot better team what we was in that game! As you can see our players tryed, but Yeo just cant make changes to our gamestyle if oposite team find answer to our style of game, we just try go with same style, when good teams can play couple different style of hockey depentend on enemy.

It's ok, I got tired and only watched the first period :( hope your team gets better or maybe you can become a Maple Leaf fan too :P

• Like 1

It's ok, I got tired and only watched the first period :( hope your team gets better or maybe you can become a Maple Leaf fan too :P

Yeah in second period i knew that if Winnipeg get goal they will win it, i almost stop watch game first time for long long time, and go to sleep, but then they just made goal, i didnt see goal first, hear commentator screaming and then saw goal, but we didnt got even close to make second goal, without that easy goal from Dubnyk and without that poor PK we could get one point from game, but in the end we didnt earn even that, luckly today (tomorro my time) is new game, if i am honest im still pissed of last night lose. EU time game give extra boost for me when they are so rare and i can accept when we lose after good game (even that its hurt more than loosing bad game) but loosing game like yesterday make me super mad, sometimes i take Ice-hockey too seriously, i have cryed and i have been super happy because hockey, but daam i love it.

For Toronto, i never followed it, saw a lot Toronto games when i was following Saku Koivu in Habs(Montreal) uniform, Leksa (Komarov) is playing there, but somehow Calgary and Rämö interesting me, almost watched couple game from them already, but then got busy and wasnt able, will for sure watch couple Calgary game in this season, and Columbus intersting me too, because Hartnell playing in there and Kekäläinen (first EU/Finnish GM in NHL history) is in GM post in there.

• Like 1

I saw the NY Rangers vs Boston Bruins last night, made me hate Boston Bruins and like the NY Rangers (did see games from them before), Lundqvist is a good goalie and I find the Boston Bruins too aggressive, I love the fights but too much for stupid reasons no thanks, I'm watching hockey and not boxing xD

• Like 1