NHL Season 2015-2016

von Rantala

There's a rumor that says Calgary is freeing cap space because they're trying to make a big trade. And there's another rumor saying it's for Stamkos. (last year of his contract)

Yeah that could be possible for sure, Johnson has plaeyd well in TB and they have Filppula too in there and they maybe fear that they get new Lecavalier from Stamkos if they make long contract with him, and if you think more, yeah if they would put Hiller in waiwers some probably take him, but not Rämö when he dont have so long history in NHL, and i think Rämö know very well why he was putted in waivers and AHL or he would be asking to permit to leave in Europe, where almost all KHL teams would take him with at least same salary what he have in NHL.

here you go von now that's some fancy shit :P

HEHEH Yeah love it, it was something like 10s from game start, it was so beautiful goal. We could have win game too if Yeo would change goalie after second goal, i would have changed Kuemper to Dubnyk after second goal and was super surprised that Yeo didnt do that after third goal and after fourth goal it was just too late! But it was great game!

• Like 1

So now they finally gave game for Ortio, i have watched Calgary chat from they official site and so many have asked why not Ortio in goal, or put Ortio in goal, now they finally got Ortio in goal and he didnt win game to them, even that i think that Ortio is most overrated Finnish goalie at the moment (and i dont mean only in NHL) Calgary problem is not goalies, they just dont help they goalies, they defence play suck and hard. They are in panick mode and GM/coach feed that mode when they put Rämö in AHL and now blame Hiller for losing games. Time to change ppls who give wrong ideas to players, i dont know if it was coach who put Rämö in AHL or GM, but they have to do some personal changes before its too late, plus Calgary is too much one line team, team can win games only with one line, they even can go to Conference finals with only one line, if that line stay hot long periods, if not, then they cant win games and its look very bad, Anaheim have exactly same problems than Calgary have now, they cant make goals because they dont have solid second line, only Kesler is solid second liner, rest who has been visited in second line wings have been third-fourth lines in the whole career or young players who havent take that next step or who already play with they maximum lvl and should be in fourth/third line not in first line.

Just got watched game against Blues, blues have without four key player but we didnt win game, it was great game, both played great hockey, i think we was little bit better in that game and should have win it, Dubnyk gave awfull goal in first period, he has given at least one easy goal in almost every start, but in other hand he has made huge saves when needed, but lately i have started think to maybe change him and take someone other to my fantasy goal, we also play very loose defence play lately, we allowe a lot goals, and what make me angry in last game was that it was second overtime lose and both we lost same way, we go in shift when we should go defence, in this game, Parise did go shift and then  they made goal when third man (Parise own man) made goal, very stupid game from our leader and key player, totally laziness and that puck never would go in goal if Parise would played his player. We had our chances to win game in third period too and second period we had empty net, but Pomminville didnt put puck in the net, he havent made any goal in 11 game and only got 5 assist and he play first line and first powerplay, he has been totally useless and maybe Yeo should give him bench stint to wake him up. But in the end St. Louis had they chances to win game too in third period and Dubnyk played us in overtime. I have seen now couple period of overtime hockey and we play like we scare that mode, we dont have killer mentality in there, we play very softy and thats why we are 0-2 now in overtimes, but in the end, i am satisfied for one point, we played against Hawks yesterday(my time) and against St. Louis today(my time) and got 3 points from 4 and im happy for that, even that its little bit hurt to lose to team who has lost four of they key players and we had our chances to win, plus we had a lot powerplay, where we rush too much, but when we was 0-2 situation early in first period i say if we get one point i would be happy, so i now have to keep my promise and i will! Daam i love hockey! I have to say that Koivu played worst game of season and it cut 8 game points streak. But his start for the season is his best and i really really love our first line (Zucker - Koivu - Niederreiter) so much that i made that same line for my fantasy hockey too. (I had players already in my team):)

Stars of month

1. Jamie Benn LW (DAL)

2. Carey Price G (MTL)

3. David Krjeci C (BOS)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=785965&navid=nhl:topheads

Rookie of month

Connor McDavid C (EDM)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=785957&navid=nhl:topheads

Stars of Week

1. Brad Marchand LW (BOS)

2. Jake Allen G (STL)

3. Taylor Hall LW (EDM)

I made update in my GM roster i added Jake Virtanen (VAN) to my roster and released Schroeder, i have Tuomo Ruutu and Sean Couturier in Injury list and no clue when they are coming back so i needed one player more to my roster and Schroederer is second who we raise from AHL (Graovac is first) and i liked how Virtanen has started season and he might come to my favorites players future so i wanted act fast and take him right way. I take him in the my roster Monday (after i hear that Vancouver keep him in roster and not send to junior hockey) so he made goal to me in his deput. Here i add my current roster, stats and lines after 10 game played. My lines live all the time depend on injury situation.

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

Yeah when i saw news i was think to say couple thing here, but got busy, but anyway, its just show that (in my mind) players come to NHL too early, its mans league world most hardest and toughest Hockey league in the world, most of 18 years body are just not ready of NHL yet, for 18 year old body its still growing and it not men body yet, it can go broken more easily, what can affect whole career and maybe even ruin that. Yes you can train your body and get that look like man's body, but its still very fragile compared to 20 year body. In my mind age limit to NHL should be 19 or 20, not 18 as it is now.

For my GM team, i have thinking to change Rämö, i havent been happy how he has played last couple games, yes most goals Calgary still allow because poor defence, but there was couple goal what he should have save for sure. One canditate is Anderson from Ottawa, but him i save for day if i have to change Dubnyk, for second spot i would like to see Saros in the future, but for now i am not sure who to take, so thats why i will give couple extra game for Rämö, before my final decision,

Edited by von Rantala

We lost last night game because Dubnyk again gave easy goal, he has allowed easy goal per game now every but one game, i have decided to look new goalie, im totally tired of his shit play. Yes referrees should blow game end, but still Dubnyk gave rebound for shoot what came from blue line without any masks, Spurgeon once save him in first period with same kind situation. Again because bad luck and because Dubnyk we lost game, i really hope that our management is wake up so we dont have samekind situation than St. Louis Blues who have great team but avarage goalies. Probably will take Anderson or Rinne to goal, i have seen Rinne in our National jersey (world championship tournaments)now couple time in 2014 he was tournament MVP and played us in Finals what we lost against Russia, and in 2015 he was tournament best goalie. So he has played couple great tournament for us, and he love to come in our national games, i love player who come to play they national games, no matter which country they represent, i like Zidlicky because he come to play for Czech, so for that reason i might take Rinne before Anderson. Let see. Probably will make final decision tomorrow and not now when im still very emotional after lose of game.

Come on, Dubnyk is a top 5 goalie in the league :P

Yeah i was wrong, not first time and not for sure last time either, i am happy if i am right 50% time, but sometimes that is just dreaming too, but i am interesting to see if i was right with Vasilievsky vs Bishop in goal, when i predict that Vasilievsky take starter job in Tampa bay.

For Dubnyk after sleeped night, i give Dubnyk one game more, he is now game by game decision for me, if i dont see better game from him fast i will change him, im interesting to see Rämö situation too in Calgary, that is reason too to delay my final decision, because if Rämö could take starter job in Calgary i can keep Dubnyk as my second goalie, or change him to Anderson, if Rämö cant take starter job i need number one goalie to my goal, and then it maybe would be Rinne, because Anderson share time with Hammond.

• Like 1

Minor Goalie update, as u know i love to keep eye goalies, i keep eye goalie stats from AHL, SM-Liiga (finnish hockey league) and KHL. Here come minor update of AHL.

So Matt Murray has played great in AHL goal, i think Saros (NSH) J.Gibson (ANA) and Murray (PIT) are most promising AHL goalies at the moment, its just early of season, but for Saros i have followed when he was playing here Finland past three season with great stats, and Murray had great stats last year too in AHL, its interesting to see how teams who have already to clear number one goalie has got most talented goalies in AHL too, its interesting to see what Tampa do in future when Vasilievsky is so promising goalie, what they do with Saros vs Rinne and Fleury vs. Murray, it can and probably will slow Saros, Murray and Vasilievsky rise to starter role, in teams like Toronto, Edmonton or  San Jose they could be number two role already and number one in end of season or in next season, but sometimes slow path can be better like in Rask (BOS) situation, he was behind Thomas couple season even that his skill could have enough for starter role same can be say for Schneider (NJ). For goalies its take usually 3-4 year longer to take NHL spot than forwards or defenders. Its very rare that we see under 20 year old goalie or goalie who has played only one AHL season or one pro season (mean Europian main leagues example KHL or Sm-Liiga) We should not forget very promising goalies Hellebuyck (WPG) or Gillies (CGY) either which both started they seasons in AHL very well too, for Hellebuyck is second season in AHL and it very likely that Winnipeg trade Pavelec or Hutchinson, and i think that Pavelec is man who is after season available for trades. Ofc you cant forget J. Gibson (ANA) either, he has started well, Anaheim wanted that he spend this season in AHL (because so small amount of games in past two season because injuries) and they made new contract with him already with bigger salary and he will be team starter or second goalie end of next season, Andersen has played very well in they goal last couple season, so route to number one slot will not be easy. C.Gibson (NYI) could be NHL goalie in next season or in season 2017-2018

Toronto is searching goalie now, and one possibility is Bäckström from Wild or then some young goalie from AHL who i just mentioned, but probably price would be big or teams dont want give so promising goalies in trade now. As i predict in my early season prediction that Talbot would not be answer to Edmonton goalie problem and that is now looking to be hit, and they probably will look new goalie too in this season or after this season, ofc its only 10 game for Talbot and its too early to make final valuation with him. But look like Edmonton and Toronto is looking goalies, and Colorado maybe after this season, Varlamov is good goalie and they want to give him time for whole season, Buffalo probably will try find new goalie too after this season, but will go with current one this one, to see Lehner potential, Arizona will try find new goalie too, and i have been surprised how they havent give more games to Lindback.

List of goalies who could be available for trade.

Khubodin (ANA)

Hiller (CGY) -> maybe to St. Louis Blues

Ortio (CGY)

Ward (CAR) -> Maybe to Edmonton or Arizona

Varlamov (COL) (after season)

Howard (DET) -> Probably to Toronto if Detroit ready to trade, second opinion to Edmonton

Bäckström (MIN)

Berube (NY)

Raanta (NYR) could be traded to Toronto in this season. Maybe most wanted goalie or second wanted after Howard

Zatkoff (PIT) Maybe to Buffalo or Arizona

Elliott (STL) Maybe to Columbus or to Calgary

Reimer (TOR) Maybe to Detroit or Rangers

Bernier (TOR) Maybe to Carolina

Pavelec (WPG) Maybe to Toronto or Edmonton or Arizona

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

trade bernier and phaneuf for stamkos....pleeeeeeease

also, reimer vs letonen tonight, rematch of last week's leaf win over dallas

Yeah u can always dream, but what they would do with Bernier, when they have Bishop and Vasilievsky already? Stamkos maybe saw how Tampa has treated they star players like St. Louis and Lecavalier so he maybe want to leave, and adress probably would be Montreal or New York Rangers, or maybe even Nashville, ofc i really hope that Stamkos would come to Wild, but i am not ready to say bye to any of our players, i think we are need of second center, Granlund havent been enough good, Koivu has been great in this season and is our number one center and can come back to top 10 centers of NHL in this season after couple harder seasons, event that i like Granlund and he is in my Lion Wild team (own fantasy team) i am ready to accept his trade from Minnesota if we get player like E.Staal or S.Stamkos to Minnesota, but if Granlund could raise his game even little bit he could be 50 point player and then its enough for number two center and i would keep him instead of trading him to Stamkos or E. Staal. We have very good team now, i would not go to make too haisty trades.

Btw i start to like Vanek, (finally) i like his offencive play, he has shown something new in this season, i like his attidute also, he is swearing everytime after puck dont go goal, event that he has made two beautiful goal already. Ofc his defence play is threat sometimes, and sometimes he make stupid passes when he try force puck to good place, but sometimes pucks go through and then player have empty net where to put puck. Sometimes he take stupid penaltys also, But mostly i started like his attidute, let see if i take him to my fantasy team in this season or next one, i need to make room in salary cap if i want take him in future, but im still not ready to let Bäckström go, even that i know he probably not play in this season, but i still keep hoping that Wild give him couple game in this season.

(and yes i was screaming like crazy one when he made goal)

• Like 1