NHL Season 2015-2016

von Rantala

In last couple year Clan has kept me so busy that i havent had time to watch other teams games even that i truly wanted, (before i followed Saku Koivu games in habs or Anaheim, and Niittymäki games)now i start make room for more NHL games in my calender. I try watch 1-2 Columbus or Calgary game per year, and if there come interesting live (EU time) game in saturday i will watch it too, now just got watched two first period from game Calgary against Detroit. Calgary played solid first period but awfull second period, in my mind when you build team, you need at least two veteran player, now days when team make rebuilt they waiwe they veteran players, if you look Florida they kept couple Veteran player (Jokinen, Jagr, Mitchell, Campell) and playe better than roster give chances, and those veterans players are roster most important players event that future is in hand of those young players, Toronto kept Komarov and Phaneuf and they are important role in roster, but example Edmonton played last years only with one veteran or not veterans at all, and havent been even close to playoff spot, same style situation is in Buffalo now. I dont know why teams usually waive all the Veterans when correct way to make re-build is to give key roles to veterans and young players and veterans should teach young players and little bit increase young players role. In my mind all what Edmonton or Buffalo now need is couple veteran player in important role (example second line or powerplay or penalty kill) Samekind situation is on going in Calgary and Columbus too, they have only 1 veteran player in key role and its not enough, with young team (like Wild was in couple last year not anymore)  team go long losing streaks in somepoint of season what usually cost Playoffs for team, young teams can get success too but usually its short time success what follow long losing streaks, veterans usually bring that calmness to lockerroom, good example is Chicago who has always been mix of young and veteran playrs. And in Veteran i mean 28+ player who have played 10 year in NHL or main leagues, or 32+ players.

Yeeeeeeeees Yes yes! Koivu is third star of the week! http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=793810&navid=nhl:topheadsWow i am so happy! http://wild.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=43895&navid=DL|MIN|home :) Maybe some from here site could add Mikko Koivu to they All-starts vote :)

LoL, we lost against dallas again, game was very even, but Dallas made goals from they chances and we not, we lost second time in home against dallas and third time in this season, all games has been very even, but we manage lost 3 goal lead once (in first game) and now 2 goal lead. Dallas is so so lucky atm, if u watch they games u can see how many time they has come behind to win game, they cash they goals with amazing percent, in some moment that will stop, Dallas can be great in regular season but when playoff start we will see they they real level (i think they dropp in first round), injury of Jamie Benn or Tyler Seguin can kill this team, they defence play is not best (in defence way) and goalie game havent been great either. Even that Nieme did stole this game for Dallas. I start to get tired of Granlund who just cant make goals. I will re-think little bit if i make third trade of season and take A.Barkov from Florida to my roster. But if you think more maybe that second Wild card place would be better place than second or third place in Central division when its so much better than Pasific. Second lose row, but we had very hard schedule New York R (W5-2), Nashville (L2-3), Dallas (L3-6) Montreal (Today)

LoL, we lost against dallas again, game was very even, but Dallas made goals from they chances and we not, we lost second time in home against dallas and third time in this season, all games has been very even, but we manage lost 3 goal lead once (in first game) and now 2 goal lead. Dallas is so so lucky atm, if u watch they games u can see how many time they has come behind to win game, they cash they goals with amazing percent, in some moment that will stop, Dallas can be great in regular season but when playoff start we will see they they real level (i think they dropp in first round), injury of Jamie Benn or Tyler Seguin can kill this team, they defence play is not best (in defence way) and goalie game havent been great either. Even that Nieme did stole this game for Dallas. I start to get tired of Granlund who just cant make goals. I will re-think little bit if i make third trade of season and take A.Barkov from Florida to my roster. But if you think more maybe that second Wild card place would be better place than second or third place in Central division when its so much better than Pasific. Second lose row, but we had very hard schedule New York R (W5-2), Nashville (L2-3), Dallas (L3-6) Montreal (Today)

I dont know if Dallas will lose in the first round but I dont think they will win the Stanley Cup because of their defense. BUT if they keep scoring 5-6 goals per game....damn why not lol. They're fun to watch.

They're fun to watch.

No they are not! f***ing annoyng! Lucky bastards :P

At least we won agains Habs so good to go in Christmas break, i had to be work today, whole work day i was pissed of yesterday lost, how daam we was able to lost 2 goal lead AGAIN against lucky Dallas, but for real, sure they could be funny to watch if they win teams like St. Louis, Montreal or Anaheim. But defence and goalie game is huge question mark and that they make goals from so big percent is not usually happen long or in playoffs. I can be wrong but they probably will lose in first round if they play against Central division team, if they play agains Pasific team then yes they can go to second or third round, but first or at least second Central team dropp them, lets be honest they havent play a lot central games yet, less than any other central team.

• Like 1

At least we won agains Habs so good to go in Christmas break

habs have lost 9 of their last 10 yet are second overall in scoring. struggling in goal. leafs should ship bernier there.

habs have lost 9 of their last 10 yet are second overall in scoring. struggling in goal. leafs should ship bernier there.

They are Montreal Price not Montreal Canadiens :P Montreal have good parts, but need more wide in offensive, in start of season they just cashed with huge percent, but in reallity they need at least one top 6 forward, defence is solid and goalie best of NHL.

Dont know why Toronto didnt give third A to Komarov when Hunwick (second A) was out of last game, Leksa is good leader and very liked in locker room and fans favorite also, i havent been mad to hear that Toronto is maybe trading him lol, i thought that when they take new GM they would be more wise, let see, ofc its only media talk, Lamiorello never listened media before, Komarov is good player and u can build future third/second lind round of him. I hope that anyone not start wait samekind seasons from him every year than he playing now, he is great role player and leader, but now has been best scorer of Toronto what has been positive surprise :)

Will come busy Christmas, but after christmas i start do my midseason team news, in there u can see repor of my prediction of teams trade deadline moves/need. Current salary cap has killed trade deadline.

I still think that Wild need center to they second line middle of Parise and Pomminville, Granlund has played ok, but should be little bit better. Ofc best would be to keep Granlund in team too and move him to winger. I hope that we take Hartnell from Columbus to our first line with Koivu and Zucker/Vanek, and there has been rumors of Johansen coming to Wild, i keep my mind open, and i think he would be better than Granlund in center role, but would take couple other center before him also, example Duchene. But we are not huge need of center, so we not need to rush, we can go in the playoff's with our current roster too, and Koivu has been this season top 5 in NHL centers, i think he is best, and only fear what i have is that if they bring new center they cutdown Koivu game time. Let see. I am now waiting to info which would be starter of next game Kuemper or Dubnyk, Kuemper has played little bit better, and i am happy how he has played, Dubnyk havent play bad either. Didnt like Spurgeon new contract i think Scandella and Brodin are better defenders and they get ony 4 milj. i think Spurgeon should have same amount.

• Like 1

damn nhl wankers... just sayin... Komarov ftw!

Lol see that you was last person who reply to this, and i was like wtf F1 noob doing in our NHL topic, i had hight expectations and then i see "damn nhl wankers" and was yeah typical Reptile :P but yeah Komarov has been great, undervalued in Finland, but his style is more suitable in NHL, ofc he is still more great two-way third liner and mask man in second powerplay, but happy to see him product :)

• Like 1

We played awfull game again, i totally start to get tired of Wild attidute in some of games, in NHL you lose when you play good hockey too, why they keep playing those lazy games when they not even try to win, just dump puck or give 1000 giveways, and not even skate, and Dubnyk, i dont know what to say on him, he is strange goalie, he can make awesome and great saves in game and then allow super easy goal or make bad mistakes, usually when goalie play bad game he is pulled out of goal, but i havent see that kind games from Dubnyk, in bad games he can make good saves too, but he give so much those easy goals, and when he is top of his game, he save everything, its only mental thing with him. I hope we use Kuemper in next game, i am again in thinking to trade Dubnyk, but i want to wait little bit, because i want that my future goalies would be Saros (NSH) and Rämö (CGY). I dont know if i should take Kuemper, he is hot or not type goalie, he not gave those easy goals in every game what Dubnyk do, but when he is cold he allow every goal, but in this year he has played better than Dubnyk, i hope Yeo is a wake and put Kuemper in goal for our next game. Probably will make my goalie decision in next game when i see how Kuemper or Dubnyk play.

Had free tickets there. Looked pretty bad.

Where was my invitation to join you?!! And it always looks bad, I so love hockey  :wub: 

Leafs are playing later and they better win because I'll be watching :D