All time team points leaders

28.jpg

All time goalie stats leaders

29.jpg

Career points (players)

30.jpg

Career stats (goalies)

31.jpg

Team Records (Points, Games, Goals, Assists, +/-, Penalty minutes)

32.jpg

Team Records (Powerplay goals, Shorthanted goals, Game Winning goals, Goalies games, Goalies Wins, Goalies shutouts)

33.jpg

Team Records (Goalies games, Goalies Wins, Goalies shutouts, Goalies save%, Goalies GA%)

36.jpg

Leaders from every spot in team history (from left to right, points, games, goals, assists, +/-, Penaltyminutes, Powerplay goals, shorthanded goals, gamewinning goals)

38.jpg

In team history, Beauchemin is now all time point leader from Defenders spot, he just pasted retired Kimmo Timonen. It has been maybe my best half season ever, i get  alot goals from my players and goalies played solid and good game, last year was huge for my goalies, and that record is hard to broke, but Dubnyk and Rämö has been good tandem in this year and its first time in my Manager game history that my goalies actually play more games than its possible, i have two starter first time. I have room to salary cap to keep both, and Bäckström contract will end after this season, so it left me enough to room for future re-signations and that i migh take Tuomo Ruutu back. Brodziak situation worries me a lot, he have only 3 point and i fear that this might be his last year in NHL if he is not start get more points, but at least he still is good in defence zone and that kind players have always room in fourth lines.

My team midseason mvp has been Mikko Koivu, who has played very good hockey, i am so happy that he finally get little bit recognisition too, he is in second finalist when NHL made midseason trophys for Selke. Koivu was they number one pick to win that after first quarter, but not at half point anymore, even that he still continue play great hockey. If he would get better wingers he would be number one pick for that trophy and could make season record points too, he has played his best season for many years.

Biggest positive surprise has been Leo Komarov, i am so super happy how he has played, he is great player and great leader and teammate, loved person in lockerroom and in fans hearts and all know that he is more third line type player and thats why all is so happy on his suggess in this year.

Biggest underachiever: Has been Matt Dumba, i waited a lot more from him, sometimes he can make great playes, but then in other time he is like ghost in games and make mistakes in own zone, but in anyway i have started to like him more and more, even that he havent take that next step in this season, he can take it in next year. I like how he cheer our players when they miss goals or broke long pointless streak, he is big time team player (at least what i have sawn in games, cant see in locker room)

There is big group of players which i am very happy and only couple who i have waited more, rest i have been happy, i have waited little bit more from Dumba, Brodin, Brodziak and Haula and from rest i has been very happy, all rest has played close to they record season what has help my team a lot. Brodin(D), Brodziak© and Haula© is all defensive type players, so i havent disappoint only they points but +/- and overall play too, but not a much anyway.

My fantasy (mvp) line for midseason

Komarov - Koivu - Parise

Beauchemin - Vatanen

Dubnyk

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Lol i have 7 page open when i make my News :P and it take me little bit over 30 min to make one team :P but its fun to read those old predictions when season is over.

Boston

Members: -

Captain: Zdeno Chara

Alternative captains: Patrice Bergeron, Chris Kelly, David Krejci (Loui Eriksson  and Brad Marchand served alternatives when Kelly and Krejci has been injured)

Middle Season MVP: Patrice Bergeron ©

Fantasy Line: (Middle season Best from every spots in team)

David Krejci – Patrice Bergeron – Loui Eriksson

Zdeno Chara – Troy Krug

Tuukka Rask

Biggest Positive Surprise: Ryan Spooner © and Colin Miller (D)

Biggest Underachiever: Max Talbot ©

Ratings: (early season prediction in parenthesis)

Goalies: 9 (10)

Defenders: 7,5 (6)

Forwards: 8 (7,5)

Staff: 8 (6) (Coach 5 (5), GM 3 (1))

Overal Rating: 32,5 (29,5)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Miss the Playoffs

New Playoff Prediction: Lose in first round

Need from Trade Deadline:

Forward line is young, maybe third liner who could play in second line too, if young players see problems in playoffs, defender group would need most help of this team. Team could need defender defenders in team, they have good offensive defenders but lack of defensive defenders, maybe Grossman, Smid or Daley could be good for team.

Players who can be available for Trade

They has tryed get rid of Talbot, Eriksson contract end too, so he could be traded, but if team is going to playoffs they probably will keep him, Connolly could be traded as Hayes too. I think team not make a lot moves.

Couple key words:

After Bergeron, Eriksson, Krejci and Marchand u probably not know rest of forward players names, first i was sure that team will drop from playoffs, but now look like new GM Sweeney made great job, team have three first round player from last year draft waiting they chance to come to team, which play for playoff spot already, team can be future Stanley contender faster than any one waited. I dont know what else than pick more veterans in defence group is thing what team should do now. They future looking good and they should not trade any of that to get players for this year. Coach Julien has done great job!

Here we go again, Wild started play sucky games again, they play without any guts, they dont get anything done in ice and Yeo say he dont know what he can do. Its every winter/season same thing, we play 10-20 games without guts and boring hockey and losing a lot. Why, why we didnt take new coach in last summer? Daam i so hope we change coach already, we cant win Cup with current staff. Brunette make our powerplay and it is without goal now 14 game lol. Only thing what is working is defence and goalie game. I stoped to watch difference to top 3 of division and started hope that we not dropp out of playoffs. Its huge dissapointment, in my mind we should be in top 3 if we watch roster. Wild games are so boring, Calgary play a lot better hockey even that they are outside of playoffline.

Edited by von Rantala

Buffalo

Captain: Brian Gionta

Alternative captains: Josh Gorges, Ryan O'Reilly

Middle Season MVP: Ryan O'Reilly ©

Jack Eichel – Ryan O'Reilly – Sam Reinhart

Rasmus Ristolainen – Josh Gorges

Chad Johnson

Biggest Positive Surprise: Linus Ullmark and Chad Johnson

Biggest Underachiever: Zemgus Girgensons and Matt Moulson

Goalies: 6 (4)

Defenders: 6 (5)

Forwards: 6,5 (7,5)

Staff: 7,5 (7,5) (Coach 4,5 (4,5), GM 3 (3))

Overal Rating: 26 (24)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction:

Miss the playoffs

New Playoff Prediction:

Miss the playoffs

Need from Trade Deadline

Defence group need update and badly. Forward lines need more wide too, couple veteran player has been disappoinment and they could try trade forwards also. Names like Brad Stuart, Robert Bortuzzo, Jokipakka or Jason Demers, could be available for price what they are ready to pay. Vrbata or Purcell could be available for good price in forward group.

There is couple player which team probably would like to trade, but there not nessacery be anyone who would like take those, mean Moulson, Weber and maybe even Gionta. Players which can be use in trades could be also Girgensons, Larson, McGinn and Pysyk

Couple key words:

Goalies has played better than i waited, after hard start Johnson has played well in goal and Ullmark (first year in outside of EU) has surprised everyone and played great hockey and could take second spot when Lehner come back. As i say team need defenders and more wide in offensive group to take playoff spot, but re-build is in good mode, Bylsma has got team play good hockey time to time. Its question mark if team make updates to roster in summer or do they make sell out in trade deadline, problem is that those veteran players which team might want to trade has at least two year contract left. Even that i think Lehner is not goalie who can lead them to playoffs or in the stanley they probably will not make any goalie move in this season or in summer, (except maybe trade Johnson after season)

Calgary

Members: Sl@yer

Captain: Mark Giordano

Alternative captains: Sean Monahan, Kris Russell, Dennis Wideman

Middle Season MVP: Johnny Gaudreau (LW)

Johnny Gaudreau – Sean Monahan – Jiri Hudler

TJ Brodie – Mark Giordano

Karri Rämö

Biggest Positive Surprise: Sam Bennett ©

Biggest Underachiever: Jonas Hiller (G)

Goalies: 7,5 (8)

Defenders: 9,5 (10)

Forwards: 7 (7,5)

Staff: 8 (7) (Coach 4,5 (4), GM 3,5 (3))

Overal Rating: 32 (32,5)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Lose in conference finals

New Playoff Prediction: Lose in conference finals

Calgary need more wide in they offensive lines, Drouin can interest them most, they need solid second line center, they use Bennett in winger spot and that mean they badly need second line center, Monahan havent take that next step either to star center role, so names like Stamkos, E. Staal, Killorn and Kadri could interst team. Rämö started to play great lately and that probably has moved need of new goalie, but they might trade Hiller so they migh need solid back-up goalie, maybe Ward, Bäckström could fill that spot, they probably not looking goalie who have long contract more like rent goalie. They could need winger too and Versteeg, Eriksson or Perron(traded to Anaheim already) could fill that need.

Team probably want get rid of Hiller, and there could be couple team who could take him when he has last year of his contract. I has hear a lot talk about that team is ready to trade Wideman, even that i always thought that he is very underrated defender and he is one of best defenders of the current group. If i would be GM of Calgary i would try trade Russell to center what team need, maybe add Hiller and draft pick to pot to get that a lot needed center to team.

Couple key words:

I add my points of Calgary team already, but would like to add that team had hard start to season, and it was a lot because TJ. Brodie was injured, he and Gaudreau is team backbone. Rämö has played well lately, but Calgary loose too much divisional games, because those key games they keep staying outside of playoffline, if they start win those very key divisional games, it will make a lot easier to catch up those teams who are ahead. Because so weak Pasific division Calgary as every other Pasific team has still very good chances to go in the playoffs.

Carolina

Captain: Eric Staal

Alternative captains: Jordan Staal, Justin Faulk

Middle Season MVP: Justin Faulk (D)

Jeff Skinner – Eric Staal – Victor Rask

Justin Faulk – John-Michael Liles

Cam Ward

Biggest Positive Surprise: Victor Rask ©

Biggest Underachiever: Eddie Läck (G)

Goalies: 5 (6,5)

Defenders: 6 (6)

Forwards: 6 (6)

Staff: 5 (3,5) (Coach 3 (2), GM 2 (1,5))

Overal Rating: 22 (22)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Miss the playoffs

New Playoff Prediction: Miss the playoffs

Need from Trade Deadline

You could ask what they dont need than ask what they need, they need more wide in forwards group, more wide in defender group, and new starter in the goal. They not need rent players and Carolina is making re-build so we can see a lot trades from them. In forwards line, David Perron, Brayden Schenn, Kyle Okposo, Chris Kunitz, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins could all be available and players who they could re-sign rightway. In defence group Shattenkirk, Wideman and Keith Yandle. In goal they looking longer time solution, but they not need to go crazy because they have promising Läck, potential names Raanta, Howard, Bernier, Lehtonen and Hutchinson.

There can be big list of players who are available and its hard to predict what team will to in trade deadline, they can sell a lot or make bigger re-build after the season. Biggest names who are probably available are: Ward, Hainsey, Liles, McClement, Skinner, Eric and Jordan Staal and Kris Versteeg.

Couple key words:

Team has played better than i waited, when i writing this Carolina is only two point behind last wild card, team have hard to get even one 50 point players from they roster, it look like only Faulk can make 50 point, they goalies play under avarage, they team save percante is one of lowest in NHL and they defense group is nameless. So coach has done better job than i waited, i gave smallest staff number in my earlie season prediction for Carolina, but it look like coach is they strongest point. GM has been silent atm, Carolina havent been talk of Johanssen, Drouin or Stamkos, what is in my mind big minus for GM. GM should always look ways to make team better. I still think that Calgary will be found in bottom of league after season.

I am little bit dissapointment that we didnt take Steve Downie from waiwers, he is type of player what we need, can fight when need and is good in defensive way also and can product decently http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9186

Chicago

Members: Cicione

Captain: Jonathan Toews

Alternative captains: Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook

Middle Season MVP: Patrick Kane (RW)

Artemi Panarin – Jonathan Toews – Patrick Kane

Duncan Keith – Brent Seabrook

Corey Crawford

Biggest Positive Surprise: Artemi Panarin (LW)

Biggest Underachiever: Bryan Bickell (LW)

Goalies: 9,5 (9)

Defenders: 8,5 (8,5)

Forwards: 9,5 (9)

Staff: 10 (10) (coach 5 (5), GM 5 (5))

Overal Rating: 37,5 (36,5)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Lose in Second round

New Playoff Prediction: Lose in Second round

Need from Trade Deadline

Three star defender (Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson) raise defender number a lot, but when Keith was injured in start of season Hawks had problems, so they need from deadline is second pair defender. Yandle can be possible from NYR and they might want to bring Campbell back from FLA too, but FLA probably want to keep Campbell, bringing back Byfuglien is probably what Chicago want do and trade what we probably will see also. (in Trade Deadline salary hit of these players are a lot lower, so possibility to trades are there)

To get Byfuglien from Winnipeg they probably use draft pick or some talent outside of NHL, but i focus only NHL players in my trade predictions, so from current NHL group they might trade Ryan Garbutt. They want to trade Bickell, but he have contract with 4 milj salary cap for the end of season 2016-2017 and if they want trade him, they have to keep most of his salary to they cap. Chicago make usually only small trades in trade deadline, where they use future talents or draft picks, but if they want get Byfuglien they maybe have to give some of bigger names.

Couple key words:

Team has been very good once again, they mostly has been healthy, tight offesive and defensive groups not give a lot room for key injuries, so that they can make long run once again, they cant lose any of those key members, they have salary cap problems because big contracts to key players (what they earned), but they scouts has done great job, they has find great players from free markets in many years and used they late draft picks to very good players, big part of current success can be given to scout group. Chicago have best staff in they group, they have best GM, best Coach and bests Scouts, before we learn know Detroit as team who find star players from rounds 5-6 in drafts and now its Chicago.

Colorado

Members: German

Captain: Gabriel Landeskog

Alternative captains: Cody McLeod, Jarome Iginla

Middle Season MVP: Matt Duchene ©

Nathan MacKinnon – Matt Duchene – Gabriel Landeskog

Francois Beauchemin – Tyson Barrie

Semyon Varlamov

Biggest Positive Surprise: Reto Berra (G)

Biggest Underachiever: Semyon Varlamov (G)

Goalies: 8 (9)

Defenders: 7,5 (7,5)

Forwards: 8,5 (8)

Staff: 7 (6,5) (Coach 4 (3,5), GM 3 (3))

Overal Rating: 31 (31)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Just miss playoffs

New Playoff Prediction: Just miss the playoffs, because play in most hardest division of NHL, but will take more points than last team who go to playoffs from West and from Pasific division.

Beauchemin make team defence group so much better already, but they weak point is still in defence group, Holden has taken big steps in this season, but they would still need second line defender and third line defender, and maybe second line center now when McKinnon is moved back to wing, plus its good to remember that second line wingers Tanguay and Iginla are veterans and u cant build a lot future for those players, but atm they still give what team need. Players for defence group which come to my mind are: Coburn, Bufuglien, Quincey (old Avs) and Justin Schultz, i dont think team have chances to Shattenkirk, because they cant give players exchange without hurting team too much. For offence Drouin, Desharnais and Korpikoski could be players who can meet criterias and have one year more in contract.

Players who can be available for Trade;

If they want get Shattenkirk from Blues, maybe they could use old Blues Johnson in trade, plus some forward, its only way how i think they could get Shattenkirk, after hard season start Varlamov has played better and they are not looking goalie atm, they will give him time. So players who they probably will trade if needed is Brad Stuart, Reto Berra and Nate Guenin, there was a lot talk about Duchene, but i think team will keep him after he got his game in order. It would be stupid move to trade Duchene, when many team has shown that u get best success in NHL when you have two good center and with McKinnon and Duchene they have very good two (if or when they use McKinnon in center role).

Couple key words:

U could recognise that i put Varlamov to mvp line even that he was in biggest underachiever and Berra was in biggest surprise, reason is simple, Varlamov have more wins, he have better win% also, even that Berra played well he was not able to get a lot wins for team. Team have big offensive rating also even that they are little bit short in wingers because they third line is one of bests in NHL and i mean in defensive way, many team in current NHL have very offesive minded thirdline too and old habbit that third line is checking line is dying in NHL, but Colorado third line is one of best in defensive way. Hawks had best defensive line last year, but it wasnt third line it was they fourth line.

• Like 1

Busy couple last day, but wooow how happy i was when Wild finally won the game, when Mikko Koivu made great play and gave assist to Haula goal it feeled so good! I watched that play at least 10 time before i was able to continue watch game. I think Mikko Koivu and Karri Rämö might do same as Niittymäki did to me and come to huge heros to me and help me to badle through hard times, hockey has always been huge part of my life, but idols even bigger one. Let see! I has been always huge Mikko Koivu fan, after Saku Koivu and Marty St. Louis retired he is now biggest idol, and now when i have finally time to watch Karri Rämö's games too he could be first big idol from goalie spot after Niittymäki. But i still time to time watch Niittymäki old games from NHL Vault https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/loginform. Juuse Saros (NSH) is very interesting too, didnt see his first NHL game, but would like to see at least couple in future.

Teams of days!

Columbus

Captain: Nick Foligno

Alternative captains: Brandon Dubinsky, Boone Jenner

Middle Season MVP: Scott Hartnell (LW)

Scott Hartnell – Boone Jenner – Brandon Saad

David Savard – Ryan Murray

Sergei Bobrovsky

Biggest Positive Surprise: Boone Jenner (RW/C)

Biggest Underachiever: Jack Johnson (D)

Goalies: 7,5 (8,5)

Defenders: 4,5 (6,5)

Forwards: 6,5 (8)

Staff: 6,5 (7) (Coach 3,5 (3), GM 3 (4))

Overal Rating: 26 (30)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Lose in first round

Some could say that center after Johanssen trade, but hey! they still have very good centers and forward groups, Wennberg probably will be they number one center in next season and he is great two way center who got 3+4=7 point in last Olympic in seven games, and they have Foligno and Jenner who can play in center, they only and biggest problem is in defense group, and how to fix that its huge question mark, coming draft biggest prospects are all forwards, so they probably have to trade some big name to get better defence group, they got Jones already from NSH, but it will not solve whole problem, we probably see one defence trade before trade deadline and rest of problems Kekäläinen (GM) try solve in summer with signing free agents. Players who team would like to get in team are Shattenkirk, Yandle, Hamhuis, Sami Vatanen, Wideman, Streit, Franson, for some they have to pay big price, but some can be get little bit cheaper. Better back up is in list too, u might remember how i say in my earlie season prediction that Columbus have NHL worst back up goalie and McElhinney has been awfull, and young goalies has shown talent, but they are not ready for NHL lvl yet in this or in next season either. Good back up choise would be, Zatkoff, Elliott or Bäckström

Team probably have to trade some big name from forwards to get better defence group and to make more room in salary cap, possible trades can be Johnson, McElhinney, Atkinson and Hartnell, they would like to use Bourque (3,3 milj and last year) and Clarkson (5,25 milj for the 2019-2020) in trades too, but there would be no one to take them. They was taken in team that they can reach minimum salary in first place.

Couple key words:

So difficult season for Columbus was surprise to many, why it happened? There is several reasons, couple key reasons are, Bobrovsky had awfull start for the season, young defenders what was ranket in top 3 in most talented defenders group in many papers was not able to take that next step and it make they defence group NHL worst, many waited that Murray could be 40-50 point man, many waited that Savard could be they leading defender, those two havent fail in anyway, but it just was too early to put so much expectations to them, in afterward you could say that Columbus should have learn from Dallas and from Colorado that it usually take longer before young defenders start show that skill in NHL lvl what they are capable. There has been a lot talk on kicking Kekäläinen, but i would like to give him one more year to show can he fix those problems in defence group. Forwards are ready to play in playoff level already. Veteran defenders has fail, Tyutin and Johnson should have played better hockey, but Columbus have very talented Werenski coming to group, but it will not solve whole problem. Even that team have good centers already, was that easier to make trade of Johanssen if Columbus wish to win Draft lottery and get Austin Matthews? If they lose it and Mathews has taken when come they turn, what will be Kekäläinen choose is super interesting, he has sayed in past that he want avoid draffting or trading/signing finnish players because he is finn and he then wait more from finnish players and if those fail it would be put to his fault, he want avoid discussions that he favor his native country mans.

Dallas

Captain: Jamie Benn

Alternative captains: Vernon Fiddler, Alex Goligoski

Middle Season MVP: Jamie Benn (LW)

Jamie Benn – Tyler Seguin – Patrick Sharp

John Klingberg – Jason Demers

Antti Niemi

Biggest Positive Surprise: John Klingberg (D) (continue his strong start for the career) (second year row in my half season surprises)

Biggest Underachiever: Ales Hemsky (LW)

Goalies: 8 (8,5)

Defenders: 8 (7,5)

Forwards: 9,5 (8,5)

Staff: 8 (7) (Coach 4 (4), GM 4 (3))

Overal Rating: 33,5 (31,5)

Some reporters put Dallas in the Stanley finals in they earlie season predictions and now they might be happy to see Dallas in the top of NHL, but to be able to win Cup u have to get atleast 9 or 8,5 from every categoria (goalies, defence, forwards and staff). They still need defenders from markets, yeah they have Linden and Honka in AHL, which both are future NHL defenders and Oleksiak and Nemeth scratset in games, which both have a lot potential also, but they need defensive defender, Robitaille spot is still open and to be able to go long in playoffs they have to be more than 3 defender group (Klingberg, Oduya, Demers). In my mind they need better goalie too, but if you are very good in offensive way it sometimes might forgive u. Potential names, Byfuglien (maybe more ex. Hawks in group), Quincey, Hamhuis and Polak.

Players who can be available for Trade:

To get veterans in the defense group they might use some of they young D-Mens in exchange, like Nemeth, Oleksiak or Jokipakka. They would like to trade Lehtonen, but it not be easy, he have two year left on his big contract. Hemsky from forwards can be avaible, but i think they keep that group untouchable

Couple key words:

Klingberg is in my surprises because he was able to continue his very powerfull offensive game, we see a lot from D-men spot that player play well in first year and take then step back, i didnt wait step back, but didnt wait so huge step to forward either. Goalie situation is interesting, Lehtonen has pulled out of goal 4 time already, Nieme has played unevenly also, team make a lot goals, but allow a lot also, what team have to fix or they would see early exit in playoffs. They have two very solid offensive line and good checking line also, defence group still give some doubt, but that spot can be team strong point in couple years, now its not ready to Stanley hunt, but with key veteran acquisition it can challange most of teams. Goalie game will eventually show how long is they Stanley run.

Will see my second Minnesota Wild live game of season today, when start time will be 23:00 in Finnish time, already waiting to game start, Kuemper will probably start in game, even that i hope that Yeo choose Dubnyk, but Kuemper has played well and take shutout in last game, so sure he earned that game too and he have very good stats on those California teams (San Jose, LAK, and ANA)

Team of day!

Detroit

Captain: Henrik Zetterberg

Alternative captains: Pavel Datsyuk, Niklas Kronwall

Middle Season MVP: Petr Mrazek (G)

Dylan Larkin – Pavel Datsyuk – Henrik Zetterberg

Danny DeKeyser – Niklas Kronwall

Petr Mrazek

Biggest Positive Surprise: Dylan Larkin (C/W)

Biggest Underachiever: Jakub Kindl (D)

Goalies: 8,5 (7,5)

Defenders: 7 (8)

Forwards: 8 (8)

Staff: 8 (7) (Coach 3,5 (2,5), GM 4,5 (4,5))

Overal Rating: 31,5 (30,5)

They waited a lot more from Mike Green, and Niklas Kronwall has been huge disappoinment also, i almost put him to biggest underachiever, so they badly need new offesive defender, they have great two way defender DeKeyser, and Kronwall can better his game, but still offesive defender is what team mostly need, Yandle and Shattenkirk are what team really wish to get, but price could be too big, Howard they biggest asset not help to get Shattenkirk or Yandle, so Hamhuis, Justin Schultz, Krug, Wideman are more possible names. Some young names like Oleksiak, Nemeth or Linden can be possible from Dallas too if price is only draft picks.

Howard is they biggest asset to trades, and goalie which many team is ready to take, he havent play badly, he still can give u top 15 goalie game in good season, but because Mrazek is so young and teams which are need of goalie cant give back what Detroit mostly need we probably see Howard trade in summer. Players who they could use in trade deadline trades are, Helm, Jurco, Miller, Richards and maybe Tatar to get that big D.

Couple key words:

Team has played well, Mrazek has been great in goal, and won many game for the team, maybe next star goalie to league, Playoff streak will continue. Larkin has been in my mind best or second best rookie of the year, he have bigger effect to his team than Panarin have in Chicago, Larkin is in lead with Zetterberg in points (30 points for each) and he play better in two way than Panarin play, and thats why he is in my mind best rookie of midseason. Usually Detroit use slow route to bring young players to NHL, they want that players play 1-2 season in AHL before NHL, but Larkin came from College hockey to NHL, he came to NHL as center, but Coach made very good decision to play him as winger, its a lot easier to come NHL from Winger spot than from Center spot, give you little bit more freedom in offesive zone.

Woah! I has been so busy lately, time is already 20:40 here and just got watched Calgary game, didnt watch last period, when Rämö was pulled from goal after he allowed three goal, it was team wake up move, not that Rämö was playing badly. First goal he should have saved, second game from shootout and third was 2vs1 situation.

Dont know what to wish from our (Wild) last game before all-star break we have won only three time in this month and only 3 time from last 12 game, it has been hard month for hockey fan, when there was period that Wild or Rämö (CGY) didnt win in two week. I hope that we kick Yeo already, Wild have roster to play Cup, but now we are in second wild card, if we lose today game and Nashville take 3 points from they last two game before allstar break we are outside of playoff line, i dont know if that would be enough already for GM to kick Yeo or not, (probably not)but we should do that move anyway, win or lose from next game, we went 15 game without powerplay goal that mean 31 try in powerplay without goal, lol, Brunette who coach our PP is so bad, we just stand and hold puck, we not shot we not move puck we just hold and then throw that to middle of stick jungle. We got two PP goal from last two game, and now in Wild site they celebrate how Powerplay is better, lol two lucky goal and its better? no way! I hope that spectators barrack if we play as badly as we has played in last games, we need wake up, not only powerplay but whole team.

Team of Day!

Edmonton

Captain: -

Alternative captains: Andrew Ference, Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Middle Season MVP: Taylor Hall (LW)

Taylor Hall – Leon Draisaitl – Jordan Eberle

Oscar Klefbom – Andrej Sekera

Anders Nilsson

Biggest Positive Surprise: Leon Draisatl ©

Biggest Underachiever: Justin Schultz (D)

Goalies: 5,5 (6)

Defenders: 5 (6)

Forwards: 8,5 (8)

Staff: 8,5 (9) (Coach 4 (4,5), GM 4,5 (4,5))

Overal Rating: 27,5 (29)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Just Miss playoffs, but wont be surprised if they get in to playoffs.

Team has really needed defenders for many years, but never really done anything major to fix problem, is this year when they do it, yes its more possible than before, because now they has seen Draisatl take that next step and McDavid was good in games what he was able to play, so they now can use players to trades which give u chance to get that big D-man in group, there is a lot guys who team would like to add in team, here couple who i think is available for price what they are ready to pay. Vatanen, Byfuglien, Yandle, Dumba, Wideman, Streit, Shattenkirk, and J.Johnson. They are need of goalie too if they would like to be playoff team, but they will probably give current goalies chance to end of the season and make updates in summer. Howard is probably team most wanted goalie, but they will wait to summer if they not get very tempting offer from Detroit before that.

There is couple big name who they are ready to trade, and who would interesting other teams also like, J.Schultz, Ference, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Korpikoski and Purcell. Eberle is in my list because he has been trade rumors, but i dont think team want to trade him, and should not trade him either, he is top 3 for team now and for many years, he have very good chemistry with Hall and team should not trade him in any price.

Couple key words:

Team has been very unlucky with injures, without those key injuries to Eberle, McDavid and Yakubov they probably would be in playoff spot now, so keep eye on team when McDavid come back, if team make couple key trade team can be in playoffs in this season already. Team is future Stanley contender if they get defence group and goalie situation fixed, they probably not need top 10 goalie to be strong contendor if they get good defender group, offesive group is so explosive that it can win many games to team.

UPDATE: if i would do my Edmonton update now, i would put Talbot in the MVP line, but Nilsso had better stats and more wins when i did this team news.

Still visit NHL site several time per day and hoping to see news that Wild Fired Yeo and Hired Carlyle :P lol, but i try think positive too, if Fletcher keep Yeo, i have to give him new chance again.

Teams of days!

Florida

Captain: Willie Mitchell

Alternative captains: Brian Campbell, Derek MacKenzie, Jussi Jokinen, Dave Bolland

Middle Season MVP: Jaromir Jagr (RW)

Jussi Jokinen – Aleksander Barkov – Jaromir Jagr

Aaron Ekblad – Brian Campbell

Roberto Luongo

Biggest Positive Surprise: Vincent Trocheck (C/W)

Biggest Underachiever: Dave Bolland ©

Goalies: 9,5 (8,5)

Defenders: 8 (7,5)

Forwards: 8 (7,5)

Staff: 8 (6,5) (Coach 3,5 (2), GM 4,5 (4,5))

Overal Rating: 33,5 (30)

Team need more wide for defence group, team top 2 is very good (Ekblad, Campbell) and top 4 can competite almost any of team in East (Kulikov, Mitchell) but in third pair they need little bit more wide, plus many could wish to get little bit better offensive defender than Campbell, forward lines need more wide too, Jagr is 43 and he is team best winger, Jokinen is great two way liner and sure second liner, but they would need scorer in second line, and more point mans to third line also. So in defenders, Yandle, Hamhuis and in forward group, Hartnell, Okposo or Vrbata. But probably team do not make any moves, only Hartnell move i see is wise for team rest team can be fix in summer, and players from inside of group can grow to bigger role in future.

I think team not make many moves if not at all in trade deadline, but possible player who could switch team are Campbell and Gudbranson.

Couple key words:

Team has played well and there is several young players who still can increase they production and play in coming seasons, example, Barkov, Huberdeau, Pirri, Trocheck, Bjugstad, Kulikov, Ekblad and Gudbranson so team situation is very good, and Luongo can still play 3+ good season in NHL so team do not make big trades or signations in future either, only in defence group migh be place where they bring new big players from drafts or signings. Team probably will not trade any of those young core players yet. GM Tallon who build first Chicago Stanley team has done great job with Florita too. Will go to playoffs, but not long yet, in future years it will be more serious Stanley contender, if they are able to add more wide to defence group and find good player to Jagr spot when its his time to retire.

Los Angeles

Captain: Dustin Brown

Alternative captains: Anze Kopitar, Matt Greene (Jeff Carter served as Alternative when Greene has been injured)

Middle Season MVP: Tyler Toffoli (C/W)

Tyler Toffoli – Anze Kopitar – Jeff Carter

Drew Doughty – Jake Muzzin

Jonathan Quick

Biggest Positive Surprise: Brayden McNabb (D)

Biggest Underachiever: Marian Gaborik (RW)

Goalies: 9 (9)

Defenders: 8 (8)

Staff: 9,5 (9,5) (Coach 4,5 (4,5) GM 5 (5))

Overal Rating: 34,5 (34,5)

New Playoff Prediction: Lose in second round

Team is need of top 4 defender and one more top 6 defender (so totall of two defender) and one top 6 forward and one top 9 forward. Team has played good hockey also with current group and as my ratings tell, they are not poor team, they are just need of couple player that they can challange those big Central teams in playoffs, in defender group they might want to add Byfuglien, Hamhuis, Coburn, Gunnarsson, Polak and in offesive group Hartnell, Elias, Vrbata, Drouin, Ladd, Versteeg, Eriksson or Parenteau.

Los Angeles situation make hard fact that they dont have a lot to give in exchange when they make trades, they dont want trade they big stars which dont have a lot, but which all have been in key role in past Stanleys and in same time they are in top of NHL too and that kind players nobody want to trade away. Players which are available but which not probably give chance to get players which they want in exchange are Enroth, Ehrhoff, McBain, Gaborik, Shore and Pearson. Lucic is coming free also, but team probably want to keep him and thats why i think he is not available for trades.

Couple key words:

All remember how Kings won they Cup's with almost same forward group as they have now, but what is different is that they have lost several key defenders from those Stanley years, they big three D is very good, but difference for many other teams is that they fourth defender is not enough good at least not yet. Kings game style suit for Playoffs well, but lately Pasific teams has wake up and there will come race in the end for all the playoff spots. Quick has played well and he can win Stanley series by himself, but he will need help also, team is interesting, but if they dont fix those problems what i say in above they will go short in playoffs this time.

(All remember how Kings won they Cup's with almost same forward group as they have now)

biggest lost is Williams, he basicly won to cup for kings in game sevens :)

True, thats why i think that Washington really can win Cup in this year, he is one of best players in Playoffs and i mean ALL-Time.

Wild out side of playoffline :/ but at least i finally got approval to post in Wild message board and name which i use in there is FIA von Rantala (ofc :P)

Lol I just count that i did watch 19 game in this month (January) where we lost 15 and won only 4 (Wild/Calgary). Tough month :/

Team of day!

Minnesota

Members: von Rantala

Captain: Mikko Koivu

Alternative captains: Zach Parise, Ryan Suter

Middle Season MVP:

Mikko Koivu ©

Zach Parise – Mikko Koivu – Thomas Vanek

Ryan Suter – Marco Scandella

Devan Dubnyk

Biggest Positive Surprise: Jared Spurgeon (D)

Biggest Underachiever: Jason Pommiville (RW)

Goalies: 9 (9)

Defenders: 9 (9)

Forwards: 9 (9)

Staff: 7,5 (7,5) (Coach 3 (3), GM 4,5 (4,5))

Overal Rating: 34,5 (34,5)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Will Win Stanley Cup

New Playoff Prediction: Will Win Stanley Cup

So as Wild fan i know Wild better than other teams, need from trade deadline are that big center what we has been looking long, our first center (Mikko Koivu) has been playing great hockey and is top 10 centers in NHL and top 3 when we talk best players in two-way. We need that center in second line and we should move Granlund to winger. Because all teams who make big success have two very good center, or two very good line.Or second opinion is to look winger to second line, when look that Yeo want keep Vanek in third line and Koivu need better wingers than he have now, Zucker played good in start fo season, but under avarage lately. Last year it look like we was need of defenders, and we made couple minor move (rent players) but now defence group look to be our strongest point of team. From centers i would be ready to take in my team these who i think is available: Steven Stamkos (saw him a lot when Niittymäki was playing in Tampa 2009-2010) and Matt Duchene, im not sure about E.Staal, he still have a lot years left in his career, but lately he havent been that good anymore as he was past, but he is still best pointman (forwards) in his team every year. For third line center, Brodziak or Richards. From wingers where is more where to choose: Hartnell (i dreaming to see him in Wild)Vrbata, Ruutu, Ladd, Okposo and Drouin.

There is couple defender who has been in trade rumors lately and those are: Brodin, Dumba and Scandella, all is in my own fantasy team also and only which i am ready trade iso Dumba, Scandella is super good in two way, Brodin one of best in defence way, Dumba is promising, but we have Mike Reilly in team who played well in his first three games in NHL and is samekind player than Dumba. Team probably try trade Bäckström as they has tryed whole season. Fontaine, Haula and Stoll can be available too. Mostly team try get more wide in forwards group for trading defender.

Couple key words:

I has sayed many time that we have roster which can win Cup, but not staff, we should change coach and Brunette who run powerplay units. When Wild play well, they game is very fast and puck moving fast also, but too often they play with huge laziness and without any guts, and then they game is super boring to watch, in this year there has been a lot less those boring games than last couple years, main point to make team good is to take some good coach behind bench, like Carlyle. Now all what i hear is that they take free days from practices even that they game and powerplay suck and they need more practices. In my mind you earn free days when you play well, not when you play poorly. I hope that we do not trade Scandella when we try find forwards to our group, i dont know why Yeo dont give him more powerplay time, when Scandella is our best powerplay defender after Suter. Last year i gave a lot critic to Suter, but now he has played best season of his career (at least what i have saw) and should be in Norris finalist. Niklas Bäckström situations has made me sad many time, and angry, when Yeo havent give him any starts, he sayed once that Bäckström probably start one game when we had couple back to back games, but then Kuemper played one in half-conditition and once there was Kuemper injured and Dubnyk injured also and he choose to give game to injured Dubnyk, its sad that Yeo dont respect Wild all time leading goalie.

• Like 1

Montreal

Members: Mathieu and Refl3x:>

Captain: Max Pacioretty

Alternative captains: Andrei Markov, Tomas Plekanec, P.K. Subban, Brendan Gallagher

Middle Season MVP: Max Pacioretty (LW)

Max Pacioretty – Tomas Plekanec – Brendan Gallagher

P.K. Subban – Andrei Markov

Carey Price

Biggest Positive Surprise: Dale Weise (RW)

Biggest Underachiever: Devante Smith-Pelly (RW)

Goalies: 10 (10)

Defenders: 8 (8,5)

Staff: 7,5 (7) (Coach 4 (4), GM 3,5 (3))

Overal Rating: 33,5 (33,5)

New Playoff Prediction: Lose in second round

Montreal need little bit more wide to forward groups, in start of season many winger played over they normal production, but now it has settle back to normal, and team has hard to get production. Team moved Galchenyuk to center spot, what has been ok move, but leave winger spot open, so they looking big winger(s) to group, possible names are: Ladd, Hartnell, Ennis, Drouin and Purcell. Team defence could need more wide too, and Hamhuis, Liles or Grossmann could intrest team.

This make it hard to make trades for Montreal, they are in position where they dont want to trade current NHL players to other teams, or at least those who have value in trades, so its more possible that they give talents and draft picks than players, but here couple who they could use in trades: Gilbert, Desharnais, Eller, Fleischmann and Smith-Pelly.

Couple key words:

It so shame that Price has been injured most of season, in current NHL is goalies kingdom, there is more 92 save percante goalies than ever before. Goalies GA% is lower than normaly and there is a lot goalies who play great season, it would been a lot better to all NHL fans to see Price defence his Vezina against goalies like Holtby, Crawford, Luongo, Mrazek, Schneider etc.... Montreal start season with 9 victory, but when Price has been out team have hard to win games, Price back-up goalie rookie Condon has played well, u cant wait more from rookie than what he has done for team. Now biggest question is when Price come back, can he spark team to Stanley race, if goalie could be team captain, he would wear that C.