NHL Season 2015-2016

von Rantala

Its always a hard hit for team if they lose their main goalie, players cant play so openly (u know) with back up goalie, they just dont trust him and it rly effect for their game. Sometimes when 1st goalie injures and 2nd goalie gets more resposibility and succeses and then 1st goalie is back, team starts to play bad again... weird things huh but real, its all about teamplay.

Its a Canadian team turn to win Stanley Cup, last one was in early 90's right?

But if Prize doesnt get well we can kiss goodbye for the chances

Its a Canadian team turn to win Stanley Cup, lst one was in early 90's right?

for some teams its been a lifetime ...

s0306_ss0001_fl0057.jpg

• Like 2

might be nice yes, a Canadian club. But Avalanche will be even better,. I like them and icehockey. Only started to follow this sport since last october ;). But I do know which player and club (since they dont do anything) I hate (or better just don't like anymore). That is the Anaheim Ducks. Since they have that idiot Clayton Stoner in the team :)

• Like 2

. Since they have that idiot Clayton Stoner in the team :)

Hah, Clayton Stoner played in Wild before, and i did like him, even that he wasnt my idol, he is type of player which own fans love and others hate, when he play so dirty, but he always give his best for his team, at least he did that in Wild, but i lol'ed so hard when Ducks GM Murray gave 13,0 milj and four year to Stoner, he is 1 milj player max. But he came free in year when there was very short amount of D-mans available. Now that contract it already burden to Ducks, who have a lot better defenders which to use than Stoner.

Teams of the days!

Nashville

Members: -

Captain: Shea Weber

Alternative captains: Mike Fisher, James Neal (Roman Josi served as Alternative when Fisher was injured)

Middle Season MVP: Roman Josi (D)

Fantasy Line: (Middle season Best from every spots in team)

Filip Forsberg – Mike Ribeiro – James Neal

Roman Josi – Shea Weber

Pekka Rinne

Biggest Positive Surprise: Ryan Ellis (D)

Biggest Underachiever: Pekka Rinne (G) and Mike Fisher ©

Ratings: (early season prediction in parenthesis)

Goalies: 8,5 (9,5)

Defenders: 9 (9)

Forwards: 7,5 (7)

Staff: 8,5 (8,5) (Coach 4,5 (4,5), GM 4 (4))

Overal Rating: 33,5 (34)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Lose in first round

New Playoff Prediction: Lose in first round

Need from Trade Deadline:

Team already made biggest move when they get Johansen from Columbus, trade was possible because Ekholm and Ellis has plaeyd so well in second pair. Team was looking that big number one center for longer time and now got it, but need more secondary scoring and one defender now. Possible names for forwards are, Okposo, Purcell, Versteeg, Erisson and Hoffman, in d-group they looking third d-pair man and names could be Zidlicky(old Preds), Grossmann, Polak, and Lovejoy.

Players who can be available for Trade

When team looking more wide they probably not trade any key player, but could use those second/third line forwards or try swap third pair defenders. Names like Bitetto, Järnkrok, Nystrom, C. Smith, and C. Wilson could be available.

Couple key words:

When i writing this Nashville is outside of last playoff spot only one point, many has waited a lot more from this team, me also, team secondary scoring has failed and badly, first line had done they job, but team havent got secondary scoring from they key forwards in second and third line, players like Wilson, Smith, Järnkrok, Fisher, in second line has played badly. Rinne has played poorly also, it has been strange to see that coach Laviolette havent give more time to second goalie (Hutton) or Saros from AHL, Rinne havent been same goalie what he was in first half of last season, Rinne should play a lot better on team who have one of best defenders in NHL, they top 4 D-man is top 3 in NHL and play big minutes in games, and team dont give a lot shots in goal, but Rinne allow too much goals that team can win, i predict once already that Saros will take Rinne spot in future maybe in couple years and now its looking that it can be more than possible prediction. If Rinne not get his game fixed can be more than possible that in next year (2017) trade deadline he is available.

New Jersey

Captain: Andy Greene

Alternative captains: Patrik Elias, Travis Zajac, Mike Cammalleri, Adam Henrique

Middle Season MVP: Cory Schneider (G)

Michael Cammalleri – Adam Henrique – Kyle Palmieri

Andy Greene – Adam Larsson

Cory Schneider

Biggest Positive Surprise: Lee Stempniak (RW/LW)

Biggest Underachiever: Jiri Tlusty (LW)

Goalies: 9,5 (9)

Defenders: 5 (5)

Forwards: 7 (6,5)

Staff: 7,5 (6) (Coach 3 (1,5), GM 4,5 (4,5))

Overal Rating: 29 (26,5)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Miss the playoffs

New Playoff Prediction: Miss the playoffs

Team have young and promising d-group, but if they want make success they really need offensive defender, team havent been rumors of Shattenkirk, and they dont have anything what to give in back in trade of him, but players which they can get and what would help team are Byfuglien, J. Schultz, Demers, Wideman, Zidlicky (old Devils) Ehrhoff and Vatanen. They badly need more secondary scoring from forwards also, possible names which they could get are Vrabata, Purcell, Brouwer, Hoffman and Parenteau.

Players who can be available for Trade

This is team main problem atm, they dont have a lot players which they can use in trades, those who would have more value in trades they want keep, but they could try add first round or second round draft pick to make some players more attractive in trades, players which they could use in trades are, Merrill, Helgeson, Elias, Ruutu, Kennedy, Stempniak, Tlusty and Zajac. Zajac is player what they probably want trade, but his huge salary hit (5,75) for season 20/21 will not make easy to trade player which have played badly last 3 year, this year he has played well.

Couple key words:

Team is second Wild card when i write this, and its possitive surprise for many, for me also, but if you look team stats, they get almost all points/goals from four player, they top four has all done 30+ point, fifth best point man has done 23 point and then sixth best player has done only 9 point. So team main strategy is to get goals from they first line and then defence well, and trust that Schneider win games for them, in long season it cant work whole 82 games, so in some point team start need secondary scoring when opponent team put they best defence line play against that first line and shut them. Schneider can win a lot games for team, but if they get better defence group to help Schneider and more secondary scoring team can make better success, if team make to playoff in this year it huge bonus for team, who probably try to rebuild team more in summer.

• Like 1

Hah, Clayton Stoner played in Wild before, and i did like him, even that he wasnt my idol, he is type of player which own fans love and others hate, when he play so dirty, but he always give his best for his team, at least he did that in Wild, but i lol'ed so hard when Ducks GM Murray gave 13,0 milj and four year to Stoner, he is 1 milj player max. But he came free in year when there was very short amount of D-mans available. Now that contract it already burden to Ducks, who have a lot better defenders which to use than Stoner.

For me with this guys it is not in the hockey part... he is an illegal poacher who without any other purpose than being able to , shot a grizzly bear without a permit etc. And found it even worthy over bragging about on the internet. Scum.

For me with this guys it is not in the hockey part... he is an illegal poacher who without any other purpose than being able to , shot a grizzly bear without a permit etc. And found it even worthy over bragging about on the internet. Scum.

Yeah didnt remember those news first, but i did read those too in last summer. Shame to read those, but hockey players are as normal ppls too, they make mistakes and illegal actions also, couple player was cought on drugs in last couple summers, and i did hear too that Horcoff got somekind penalty too for illegal subtances, and Voynov got sentence on domestic violence when he beat his wife, those are always nasty things to read, and sad also, because hockey players are so big example/hero's to childrens and sometimes to adults too. Luckly those are rare things, there play over 700 player in NHL every year.

Did you guys/girls check new/updated NHL site already? I dont like that a lot, i did like old one more, now its hard to find team home pages, that probably will change, because now team visibility is a lot lower than before, now you have to find those teams, when before they was in sight. Plus u cant see three stars of games atm, they probably fix that, when u scroll down that index u can see only first or (first and) second star but not third, and when u try scroll one index its scroll down whole page very easily. But i liked Recap section more than before, but boxscore wasn't as good as before, they return to old format from couple year ago when u can see those extra infos (like Roster/Game Summary/TOI/Shots etc...) in recap page and not from boxscore page. When NHL couple year ago changed infos from Recap to Boxscore page i gave a lot critic, but now they are back in old system and i have to learn that again lol, i started like that extra infos was in boxscore page and now they changed back to old system. At least main page with news are better than old one!

Team of the day!

New York I

Captain: John Tavares

Alternative captains: Kyle Okposo, Frans Nielsen (Clutterbuck served as Alternative when there has been injuries on other Captains)

Middle Season MVP: Goalie Tandem (Jaroslav Halak and Thomas Greiss)

Brock Nelson – John Tavares – Kyle Okposo

Travis Hamonic – Johnny Boychuk

Thomas Greiss

Biggest Positive Surprise: Thomas Greiss (G)

Biggest Underachiever: Ryan Strome (RW)

Goalies: 8,5 (7)

Defenders: 7 (7)

Forwards: 7,5 (7,5)

Staff: 7,5 (6,5) (Coach 4 (3,5), GM 3,5)

Overal Rating: 30,5 (28)

Team biggest need is in D-group, they really need big offensive defender in group, Boychuk and Leddy havent been able to repead last year great season as i predict, it was little bit too early to give so big contracts to those two defenders, but they havent fail either in this year and they are good defenders, but not able to be star product defenders what team need, so team could try to get Shattenkirk from St. Louis, Yandle would help too, but NYR dont trade so good defender to biggest rival, other teams who team could get and who would help, Wideman, Byfuglien, J. Schultz, and Vatanen, team could try to look good rent player too in second line winger spot to give more wide, good names could be Ennis, Hartnell or old Islanders player P-A Parenteau.

Players who can be available for Trade:

Because team have a lot potential young players in roster they could use some in trade to get more veteran touch and make that D-group better. Players which i believe is available Okposo, Hamonic, Zidlicky, Berube and maybe Bailey. Okposo is very big and good asset in trade markets and with him they could even get Shattenkirk from St. Louis.

Couple key words:

Goalie tandem Greiss, Halak has played great hockey, plus they have very promissing C. Gibson in AHL also, so they goalie situation look good, plus Halak have very good stats from playoffs, he did lead Habs in the conference finals once. Tavares havent play so great hockey yet as he did last year, many of players got little bit less points in this season than what they got in last year, but there is a lot hockey left, biggest key has been that great tandem in goal. They could make to playoffs, and if they get that big D from trade markets with good price they will go to playoffs.

Every websites that get "updated" lately turns into shit.

Did anyone watch the All-Star games? For once it was actually entertaining and the players wanted to win.

Oh and JOHN SCOTT MVP!!!!!!! The hero, the myth, the legend!

PPVElnJ.jpgeH1uAWh.jpg

43ye4i7.jpg

PPVElnJ.jpg

RVC2hES.jpg

• Like 2

lol true. the NHL wanted him out of the game so bad they traded him and demoted him to their farm team. then they realized people actually voted for this guy so "we should bring him back because it makes us look bad". 

lol what a joke, but good on him. and he never said 1 bad word about it when asked. he's just happy to be playing.

boss hates you but still has to pay you....classic. bettman the clown.

bettman2.gif

• Like 3

No didnt watch All-Star game because time difference, i might remember wrong, but was that played a lot earlier before? Now Final game started 02:00 AM here and first game 00:00. But wouldnt watch that anyway no matter if it would come in EU time. Will watched when those real MVP's to teams get in there, like Mikko Koivu. I didnt like that Scott episode at all, take my last desires to watch game, there should be those hard workers in All-star game also, like Couturier, Hartnell, Russell (CGY), Clutterbuck etc.. At least they realise to add Komarov in there, who represent that "nameless" workers for team. I always think that fourth line and third line worker players are equally important than team star players in first and second line, there is a lot examples when team is full of star players, but it never go long in playoffs, because they dont have those shot blockers, those hard workers who defence when needed etc.. and in my mind those should be represent in All-star game also, its enough if there 1-2 from that group every year, you can see only for looking pics that Scott was biggest star(fan and players favorite) in this event. I dont even want to start vent about Bettman because i hate that guy, some say that NHL product more money now than ever before and players earn more money than ever before and thats why he is great boss, but thats huge lie, market has raised in every area.

Got ready my Team news, so i will post two team per day now. I made my early season prediction and half season news in same file and its 74 page long, LOL. Will add it in here after Winnipeg update.

New York R

Captain: Ryan McDonagh

Alternative captains: Dan Girardi, Marc Staal, Derek Stepan

Middle Season MVP: Henrik Lundqvist (G)

Rick Nash – Derick Brassard – Mats Zuccarello

Ryan McDonagh – Keith Yandle

Henrik Lundqvist

Biggest Positive Surprise: Oscar Lindberg ©

Biggest Underachiever: Derek Stepan ©

Goalies: 9 (9,5)

Defenders: 9 (9)

Forwards: 8 (8,5)

Staff: 7,5 (9) (Coach 4,5 (4,5), GM 3 (President 4,5))

Overal Rating: 33,5 (36)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Lose Finals

New Playoff Prediction: Lose Finals

Team biggest need is big first-line center, and if they trade Yandle they would need offesive defender also, and maybe more wide to winger spot, for Center they could try get E. Staal, Nugent-Hopkins or Stamkos, or in second line center spot Kadri or Hudler, in the D group, Wideman, Byfuglien or Shattenkirk, in wing maybe Drouin or Hartnell, but winger spot is not in first thing to fix so they probably wait with that in summer and give time to team young players.

They biggest asset in trades is Yandle ofc, but they could even add Nash in the pot too to get bigger trade, example Drouin, Stamkos trade from Tampa, but i think that Tampa keep Stamkos, other potential trade names are, Raanta, Boyle, Stepan and Kreider.

Couple key words:

There is possibility that they make big trade(s) in trade deadline or go with current team also, lets remember team is almost same what they had in last Stanley Final run from couple season ago. I could have change Washingto to Rangers spot in Stanley Finals from East because Washington has plaeyd so great hockey lately (leading NHL when i typing this), but i still think that in playoffs Rangers is little bit better, because they have more experience and Lundqvist is beast in the playoffs, ofc, Holtby has played very well in playoff too, so goalies are even, but defence group is little bit better in NYR atm. Rangers had they own problems in the regular season, they start was awesome and in one point, they was leading team of NHL, most problems has come because low production from key star players and from key young players, but one good trade can make miracles for team production.

Ottawa

Captain: Erik Karlsson

Alternative captains: Chris Phillips, Chris Neil, Kyle Turris

Middle Season MVP: Erik Karlsson (D)

Mike Hoffman – Mika Zibanejad – Mark Stone

Erik Karlsson – Marc Methot

Craig Anderson

Biggest Positive Surprise: Jean-Gabriel Pageau ©

Biggest Underachiever: Milan Michalek (LW)

Goalies: 8 (8,5)

Defenders: 6 (7)

Forwards: 8,5 (7)

Staff: 7,5 (6,5) (Coach 3,5 (2,5), GM 4 (4))

Overal Rating: 30 (29)

Team are badly needing defenders, can you name other Ottawa defenders after Erik Karlsson, u probably have to be hard core NHL fan or Ottawa fan that you are able to name more than 2 defender after Erik Karlsson from Ottawa. Forward groups and Goalie situation look good, so defenders what they could get are, Wideman, Bufyglien, Goligoski, Hamhuis, Coburn, Quincey, J. Schultz, Polak, Vatanen, Dumba or Oleksiak.

They might have to give some of young talents from forwards group to get great D-man to group, but some can be get for draft picks too if they play last year of contracts, but here couple who team might or want to use in trades. Chiasson, Hoffman, Lazar and Michalek.

Couple key words:

Team allow way too much goals, even coach chance (in last year) didnt change that fact that Ottawa give huge amount of goals, that team can get to playoffs they need to add couple D-man to group, one offensive defender and couple two-way defender. Craig Anderson they goalie is great goalie and very underrated, he has kept team in games many time and rob couple win also, played couple game shutout streak also in the season, and Andreson had very good stats from playoffs in his career, stole couple win from Habs in last year playoffs also and was equally good in that serie with Price. Team young forwards has product well, but might need veteran touch in there too, team has only couple veteran player in the whole group and veterans are always huge help in playoffs, so let see if they try bring veteran rent player in trade deadline, good example of veteran player value to team are Jagr from Florida and Marty St. Louis from NYR couple season ago when they did go to Finals.

LoL because gamecenter is gone and NHL updated that to NHL all-access i cant see games atm, lol NHL forgot Finnish and most europian fans also and Viaplay who has bought license to gamecenter has left behind. Let see when they get problems fixed. I remember once that we Finnish fans was without access to NHL-Gamecenter October and november of season 2010-2011 (not sure about season) and i had to wait 3 day before game was available in the NHL.vault. Now NHL.Vault not work either, so i cant watch Niittymäki's old games, NHL updates suck! I had to visit dentist today also when i had tooth pain, when life suck its really really suck, was waiting so much to see that NHL start again after shitty All-star break. Was super close that i just didnt snap when i realised that no NHL games available now. Hopefully they get it fixed today or at least tomorrow!

Team of days.

Philadelphia

Members: Meow and Rattlem

Captain: Claude Giroux

Alternative captains: Wayne Simmonds, Mark Streit

Middle Season MVP: Shayne Gostisbehere (D)

Wayne Simmonds – Claude Giroux – Jakub Voracek

Shayne Gostisbehere – Mark Streit

Michal Neuvirth

Biggest Positive Surprise: Shayne Gostisbehere (D)

Biggest Underachiever: Michael Del Zotto (D)

Goalies: 8,5 (8,5)

Defenders: 7,5 (7)

Forwards: 7,5 (9)

Staff: 4 (5) (Coach 3 (3), GM 1 (2))

Overal Rating: 27,5 (29,5)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Miss the Playoffs

New Playoff Prediction: Miss the Playoffs

Team havent made serious move to fill Timonen spot what he left when he retired (in Chicago) Gostisbehere has played well, but he is too lonely in defence group, team defence group was one of best several years, but now it is they weak point, little more wide to offensive group would help too, team dont have scorers in third line. In defender group team probably make big move to get Bufyglien, other names what could interest team are: Shattenkirk, Hamhuis, J. Schultz, Vatanen or Lindholm. In forward group, they might want to get Hartnell back, or Drouin, Ladd, Böedker can interest too.

Players which team might use in trades are: Del Zotto, Streit, Medvedev, Gagner, Rafl, Read, Schenn, Umberger and White. Team can make bigger rebuild and keep only key players, but they could wait to summer also.

Couple key words:

When Hextall started in GM spot he rightway traded team big leader, fan favorite and one of team best forward to Umberger, who has done only 21 point in 99 games (0,21 points per game), when Harntell in same period has done 94 points in 126 game (0,75 points per game) and has been Columbus third best pointman in that period. Hextall other moves havent help team either, so i wait now when they fire Hextall and take new GM to fix Hextall errors. Team also waited that Del Zotto would be team best defender, but he has failed and only little bit over year ago Hextall made big contract to MacDonald (5,0 milj to 19/20 season) and now he has played whole season in AHL. Coach Haxtol has also used Mason a lot more than Neuvirth, Mason has played irregulary, but time to time well also, when sametime team have Neuvirth who has been in NHL number one in save percante whole season and he has played a lot better than Mason in overall also.

Pittsburgh

Members: Yomero and Jaymee

Captain: Sidney Crosby

Alternative captains: Yevgeni Malkin, Chris Kunitz

Middle Season MVP: Yevgeni Malkin ©

Sidney Crosby – Yevgeni Malkin – Phil Kessel

Kris Letang – Olli Määttä

Marc-Andre Fleury

Biggest Positive Surprise: Brian Dumoulin (D)

Biggest Underachiever: Chris Kunitz (LW) and Patrick Hörnqvist (RW)

Goalies: 9,5 (8)

Defenders: 6 (7)

Forwards: 8,5 (10)

Staff: 6,5 (5,5) (Coach 2,5 (1,5), GM 4 (4))

Overal Rating: 30,5 (30,5)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Lose in second round

Team put so much money to they forwards that they didnt had enough room in salary cap to get better defence group, but in the end, biggest problems havent been defence group it has been secondary scoring when wingers in first and second line havent product and third line havent product at all, so they might need to swap forward to forward to ignite offence, but ofcourse they need defender or two also. For forward group, Drouin, Ladd, Ennis, Purcell, Hudler or Böedker, in defence group, Lindholm, Shattenkirk, Hamhuis, Yandle, Bufyglien or Russell.

Team might use some of underachiever players in trades who still have value in markets like Hörnqvist, Kunitz, Plotnikov or Bonino, they might use players like Cole, Zatkoff, Lovejoy and Fehr in trades also.

Couple key words:

Some might remember how i did give critic to Pittsburgh in my early season prediction when they didnt kick they coach Johnston after last season when they take last playoff spot in they last game, team started very poorly with Johnston in this season also and most of players was in difficulties to score or to make points, but after Sullivan came behind bench most of players return back to they old scoring pace. Some of difficulties what team star forwards had, was result that Letang and Määttä both was injured, those two are team top 2 defender and every forward need defenders help to make points because mostly defenders start most of attacks and if u are without your top 2 defender same time with very thin defender group it will affect everyone production.

• Like 1

Bought NHL.tv and V.. so i can watch games from NHL.tv now, viaplay didnt fix problem what they have every year, i pay over 250e per year to be able to use gamecenter from them and every year there is problems what put gamecenter off for several days, now i pay directly to NHL to see games :) only 49.90 rest of year :) just watching Wild game, here is so much better resolution also, saw scores :/ what suck, but put scores off now so not see them in future. But will watch game anyway.

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

I could pay 50 euros to watch most NHL games... Might cancel my braintainment magazine and pay for that instead :P
But wow paying 250 euros to see hockey games? that seems like alot to me Oo and I'm so addicted to hockey xD Stayed up till 3am to watch most part of the All Star Skill competition and I was sick haha, only way to watch hockey together with the people in Canada anyways.. date night in long distance relationships :D

• Like 3

Yeah Calgary got great won from last game and Rämö played great game :) Last victory was from 21.Jan. so was time to see win too and not always those loses.

I could pay 50 euros to watch most NHL games... Might cancel my braintainment magazine and pay for that instead :P
But wow paying 250 euros to see hockey games? that seems like alot to me Oo and I'm so addicted to hockey xD Stayed up till 3am to watch most part of the All Star Skill competition and I was sick haha, only way to watch hockey together with the people in Canada anyways.. date night in long distance relationships :D

Yeah its 24,90 per month in here (from viaplay), but they just increased prices also to 29,90 euro. lol. For me i was ready to pay that 250e per year to see hockey, but ofc now i will save a lot money when i buy feed directly from NHL. Now i have to check NHL.com havent able to check that yesterday so i dont see scores, but when i first time started that NHL.tv i saw all the scores lol. But now they are off and to be sure i will always check that first for running other day feed first.

Team of days!

San Jose

Members: Meow

Captain: Joe Pavelski

Alternatives: Joe Thornton, Logan Couture (Patrick Marleau and Marc-Edouard Vlasic has served as alternative when Couture was injured)

Middle Season MVP: Brent Burns (D)

Joe Thornton – Joe Pavelski – Joel Ward

Brent Burns – Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Martin Jones

Biggest Positive Surprise: Joonas Donskoi (RW)

Biggest Underachiever: Tommy Wingels (C/W)

Goalies: 7 (4,5)

Defenders: 8 (7,5)

Forwards: 8 (7,5)

Staff: 6,5 (7) (Coach 3,5 (4), GM 3 (3))

Overal Rating: 29,5 (26,5)

Team have great two first defender, but then step is huge to Braun and Martin who both are steady defenders, but cant competite on some teams in west like, St. Louis, Nashville or Calgary. Team havent been talk on Shattenkirk or Wideman, but they could try get defender group better and with adding one of those two it would be better, Hamhuis, Bufyglien, Yandle and Ryan Murphy will probably interest team also. Team probably are looking more wide in offesive group also and might use rent players in there to spark little more production from group, players like Parenteau, Ladd, Purcell, Versteeg or Okposo can be seen in San Jose after trade deadline.

Patrick Marleau has been trade talkes for several years, but in this year that trade migh finally happen, he still have big value in markets and team could need one big defender more the group and with adding Marleu in trade there could be several team who are ready to give defender on that price. Other names who could be used in trades are: Stalock, Karlsson, Nieto, Wingels and Zubrus.

Couple key words:

In my early season prediction i did say that team biggest question mark is they goalies, i did say that i wasnt ready to give 3,0 milj salary hit contract to Jones yet, but he started super well, after that he havent been better choise than Niemi was in last year, but he havent play badly either, time to time he get those hot streaks, but time to time he allow those easy goals too, but they will give time to Jones, and end of season will tell if he will be starter in start of next year also. San Jose will take Anaheim spot (from my early season predictions) in the playoffs, but goalies and defence group is not enough good to go longer than in first round yet. They sign Donskoin from free markets and he has been big asset to team, he is one of NHL best shootout players also. Couture was out almost whole first half of season and now when he is back u can wait more production from team and it can even challange LAK for win of Pacific division.

St. Louis

Captain: David Backes

Alternative captains: Alexander Steen, Alex Pietrangelo

Middle Season MVP: Vladimir Tarasenko (RW)

Alexander Steen – Paul Stastny – Vladimir Tarasenko

Kevin Shattenkirk – Colton Parayko

Jake Allen

Biggest Positive Surprise: Colton Parayko (D)

Biggest Underachiever: Kyle Brodziak ©

Goalies: 8,5 (7)

Defenders: 9 (8,5)

Forwards: 9,5 (9,5)

Staff: 8,5 (8,5) (Coach 4,5 (4,5), GM 4 (4))

Overal Rating: 35,5 (33,5)

Playoff prediction from early season prediction: Lose in first round

In my mind team biggest need is big number one center, Lehterä, Stastny and Backes are all very good second and third line centers, so you could probably add one of those in trade with big D to get big number one center, ofc Stamkos would be best choise for team, but Eric Staal could help too even that he havent been that good as he was in couple year ago, but trade can spark him again, i dont kow if there is any other big Centers available anymore, but team can surprise and make move, Marleu can play in center role too but would not be any better than centers what they also have. But i think that they really try get Stamkos in team, what can make team offesive roster best of NHL, but how big price is, do that make they roster more weak than its now.

Shattenkirk has been a lot in trade rumos, and i think only adress and trade where they would use his, is to get big number one center to team. They try get Stamkos to team, but if they trade Shattenkirk what is in my mind team best defender, do that trade make they defence group too weak to long playoff run? I think yes, team will be better without Stamkos and with Shattenkirk, than with Stamkos and without Shattenkirk, if i would be gm, i probably try use Parayko and Stastny or Backes in trade to Stamkos than, Shattenkirk. I would even use Pietrangelo before Shattenkirk, i has always think that Pietrangelo is overvalued and Shattenkirk undervalued. I think they will keep Elliott in team, they own one of best goalie tandems in NHL and they has been known on goalie problems in past, so they will keep him, but names who they could use trades are: Gunnarsson, Backes, Berglund, Brodziak, Brouwer, Ott, and Upshall.

Couple key words:

Brian Elliot has been always underrated goalie in my mind, in his time in the St. Louis he has been always number two goalie, but has played always so well that he has taken number one slot in some point of season to only lose it for playoffs, now Allen has played well as Elliot also and team can get huge value of him (Elliott) in summer. Allen has surprised me, he has played a lot better than i waited. Team got big offesive rating even that they dont have star center because they have so huge wide in team, team have maybe best offesive third line in NHL. Team has lost huge amount of key players to injuries, but with those big injuries they has been West top 3 team whole season, that tell a lot about that wide also.

• Like 1