NHL Season 2015-2016

von Rantala

Thank you Kimmo "Kime" Timonen for great memories! I had honor to follow his career when he played in Flyears. Thanks

You can find great friends from hockey and NHL too http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=846675&catid=772

Remember check my top 30 goalies too http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/74536-nhl-season-2015-2016/?p=658891

Edited by von Rantala

So here come my top 30 goalies of NHL. Tell me what you dont agree or who you would put in top 10 or 30.

you're too biased for your favorite team and Finnish players lol

Dubnyk did what? One good Half-season and his in your top 5? Seriously? And you say Holtby needs 2 good seasons to be in your top 10....................

Holtby, Bobrovsky, Bishop, Quick and probably many others should be higher than him.

And Ramo is 12? Wtf ? I dont think he would even make my top20 lol

I'm not gonna do a top 30 cause thats too much thinking, but my top5 is this:

1- Price

2- Lundqvist

3- Rinne

4- Holtby

5-  i dont know, I can only do a top4 without thinking! :) and I'm not even sure about my 4th....I guess it's more of a top3!

• Like 2

i would put Reimer ahead of Bernier. Bernier's best days are behind him. He's a good back-up goalie for a shinny team.

although, he can throw a mean punch...

leafs-9.jpg

• Like 1

you're too biased for your favorite team and Finnish players lol

Dubnyk did what? One good Half-season and his in your top 5? Seriously? And you say Holtby needs 2 good seasons to be in your top 10....................

Holtby, Bobrovsky, Bishop, Quick and probably many others should be higher than him.

And Ramo is 12? Wtf ? I dont think he would even make my top20 lol

I'm not gonna do a top 30 cause thats too much thinking, but my top5 is this:

1- Price

2- Lundqvist

3- Rinne

4- Holtby

5-  i dont know, I can only do a top4 without thinking! :) and I'm not even sure about my 4th....I guess it's more of a top3!

Hah, yeah i love my favorite players, if you would ask me who is all time best goalie i always would say Antero Niittymäki, i always would say that he show what kind goalie he was in Olympic 2006, but never got opportunity to play behind good team in NHL.

For Finnish players yes, i have more favorite players from Finland and reason is simple, i can see them before they go to NHL, i can see they talent when they play in Finnish hockey and National team, i cant say same for Canadians or USA born players because i cant see them so early as i see players who play in europe. I mean that i has seen they potential and thats why i rate them highter than they probably are right now, as i say with Tuukka Rask his long time value is higher. For Dubnyk, he has couple solid season from Edmonton too, but Holtby dont have those solids seasons before, even that he has played better team than Dubnyk was playing 2-3 year ago.

For Quick, i think he benefit a lot that he play behind good team, and he has been only once in Vezina finalist, his regular season stats and play has been always avarage not top of league, even that he play behind good team. Bishop, maybe i  am just wrong with him, he was playing in stanley finals last year, but still i think, he is not as good goalie as ppls think he is and i think that Vasilievskiy will overtake him in goal, this or next year. Bobrovsky was higher than Rämö.

For Rämö, i has seen him playing in KHL and i has seen his talent, i like him a lot, i think with his talent he can be top 5 goalies and Vezina finalist and maybe winner too if he get more games, now Calgary has best defence group in NHL, but playing good in defence way need all five man, so forwards need to play better too, i think this season will show if im right with him or not. Ofc if he would not ever win Vezinas etc, he will be always great goalie to me!

Thanks for feedback, i love talk to hockey!

Sometimes hockey really suck and sometimes i just hate it so much, we should easily win Ducks last night with those chances what we had in that game whe should win like 2-3 games, but we only made one goal, our finnish was so poor, we shoot so much wide of net or made stupid decision with puck, Ducks was very bad in that game, they defence suck and hard, and we had many chance to put puck in net, but we could not do that. Plus Dubnyk has been awfull in goal in these four game what he played, i really hope that Yeo put Kuemper or Bäckström in goal in next game, Dubnyk has allowed 3 goal every start what he played and he has allowed 2 easy goal every game. In game agains Ducks it like we made so much work to get goal, then Ducks shoot puck and its in goal. lol. I hate those kind lost most, i hate when we play great hockey and our goalie lose it or we dont have any luck and enemy make lucky goals to win game. It has been always Wild style to lose games for teams who are below them in standings and win teams who are higher than them in standings, probably thats why we will never win regular season.

For couple games what it is played now, Wild need defender, we allow too much goals (okey Dubnyk allow 2 easy goal in every game). Goalie trade is too early, we has seen that Lundqvist and several other great goalies get poor start in season, but sharp they game when they get more games. Even that Pomminville have 4 assist he cant put puck in the net and thats why he pass puck in stupid places too, so we should put Vanek in first line and Pomminville in third line or trade him with some good defender. Dumba has been awfull too, we should give chance for Reilly, and Prosser. So i would take Folin and Dumba out of defender group, and put Proser and Reilly in there.

Whaaaat? Dubnyk is bad? no way, he's the 5th best goalie in the lead!! :P

:P yeah all can have bad starts, lets remember that Lundqvist is known for bads starts, and Rask has started two season row badly, Varlamov is started now two year poorly too, both Rask and Varlamov has got 88% or lower save percante now for two year row from first 5-10 games, but in end of year they has always got 92%-> save percante. Same can be say for Bobrovsky too who you put high in your prediction, he has started season even more badly than Dubnyk, Bob cant save anything now, its just show that goalies tend to start seasons little bit poorly and sharper game when they get more games in belt! Ofc sometimes goalies start with shining too, like Jones in this year and Kuemper in last year, but fully level of goalie we can see after half season is behind.

I read Berra did well the last 2 games for Avalanche :). 35 and 38 stops.

Yeah sure he suprised me, i did wait that Picard would take back up goalie slot in there, but Berra has started very well.

Update for my 2015-2016 Manager season

251.jpg

Roster, so i eventually decided to give third Alternate to Beauchemin instead of Komarov. If i count my extra players in roster i am 0,257 over budget, but thats okey, because when i send Reilly and Schroeder to AHL im in limit of NHL salary budget

252.jpg

Retired numbers, retired players, former players and AHL/EU/junior hockey players.

253.jpg

So after realisation my team is in 7 Place for goals (18 goal) and 23 in goal against (16 GA) and 11 in goal difference (3GF). I have 5 point what mean that im out of Wild card place for Western conference and 18 place in league standings. It could sound like a lot work to calculate all, but its not you have to know what is skaters total games played amount (90 game now) and from goalies (5 game).

255.jpg

Player overall points in my team

256.jpg

Players overall points all teams

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

So Columbus hire Tortorelle behind bench, i can see it is right choise, there was not a lot names free, and Tortorella is one time stanley winner, its still not too late to take Playoff spot and i really think that Columbus will take playoff place. (Wild will be first team who they play with new coach)To be stanley condetor they need to update they defence group, and maybe take solid second goalie if Bob not get his came back in track, but i think we will see old Bob. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=784134&navid=nhl:topheadsIf you ask who i would take coach i would probably choose same from names what was free, my second choise would have been ex-sens coach Paul MacLean, who is assist coach in Anaheim now. But can be possible that MacLean take Boudreau spot if Anaheim dont start play better. Carlyle would have been good choise too. It was not easy decision for Kekäläinen, but he made good choise, not long time choise, but good short time choise, maybe Columbus look new coach again after this season when there would be more where to choose. It was right choise to go with Richards in this season because before he was doing good job, and many predict him in Jack Adams race for this season, and Richards will find job in future too. He has done good job in Columbus.

Duncan Keith is out 6-10 week, its huge loss, but team has good promising defenders in group, but could be possible that they looking trade too, in last year this injury would not affect as much as its do now. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=783977&navid=nhl:topheads

Stars of week http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=783864#&navid=nhl-search

Rämö in the waiwers by CGY http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=784199&navid=nhl:topheadsfull of horse shit. Yes he allowed couple easy goal, but you kidding me, he played better than Hiller has played in his starts, wtf, i know they want to give games to Ortio, but real?? put the Rämö in the waiwers when they couple month ago made new contract with him, when Rämö had possibility to choose other team too, he show loyalty to team and this is way how Calgary thank him, i dont know which on choose to put him waiwers Hartley or Treliving, but when Buffalo take Rämö he will show that those two was totally wrong and Rämö will play great year with Buffalo, there is teams like Columbus, Tampa Bay or Toronto which can take him too, in Toronto and Buffalo Rämö can take starter job when in Columbus and Tampa his role would be back up goalie, so i really hope that Buffalo or Toronto would take him. LoL Calgary push panick button too early, it havent been Rämö fault that Calgary losing games!

Rämö in the waiwers by CGY...so i really hope that Buffalo or Toronto would take him. LoL Calgary push panick button too early, it havent been Rämö fault that Calgary losing games!

True, and like i said, Bernier makes a great back-up goalie but thats about it. the leafs could use a real goalie and when they traded Tuukka Rask for Phil Kessel they gave one up. lets hope they can acquire Ramo

9234478.jpg

• Like 1

No one didnt take him :/ http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=784307im so sad now :/ i wait 10-15 game before making making change to my Fantasy GM goalies, i really tought that in this year i have goalie tandem which both play starter role in net (Dubnyk, Rämö) and my third goalie Bäcsktröm look like he will not get starts either. But i trust that someone will take Rämö with trade where Calgary would keep some of his salary. Let see! If Rämö would play whole year in AHL what i really doubt i have to think new second goalie, i hope that at least Bäckström would get starts so i do not need take new goalie. I think that Juuse Saros would be future starter and i have added him in my AHL roster and i still think that Aittokallio (playing in Finland) would be future starter too, so i keep both of them, i like Volden (NOR) too, but he is playing swedish league now. I have seen Volden's, Aittokallio's and Saros games because they played in finnish hockey league several years, but i wait and see what is outcome of Rämö. Anderson (from Ottawa) would be my first choise to number two slot if Rämö stay in AHL longer period.

There's a rumor that says Calgary is freeing cap space because they're trying to make a big trade. And there's another rumor saying it's for Stamkos. (last year of his contract)

• Like 1