ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

I do think we need new maps in Jay 2 rotation but i still have fun there. 

I'll have to think of suggestions.  El was kind enough to add one of my fav maps last time but i realize now that map has a bottleneck...its a frag map where you can camp frag...

Base race is sort of overplayed but I guess it works... gold rush never gets old...fuel dump can always be played but it can feel sort of tiresome and it seems allies usually wins...

Chicken bucket is a ridiculously fun map but it did not last long...pure frag is something I enjoy but not everyone does and its gone...

Anyways I'm going to try to think of maps with waypoints...

Edited by spectator
  • Thanks 1

Oh, hey what is that map? It starts with a truck and one barrier...you get on top a mountain base  with a flag...with 2 enterances..

One through a barn, the other on the cliff face....

You enter the base it has a elevator and stairs, you get obj downstairs by blowing up a door or as covert and then rush it back to truck...the basement has a large chemical vat...and there's a film projector too...

I can't think of anything wrong with that map...

Edited by spectator

i believe tho that heavy weapons on jay2.  even out the camping  medics who run after u fire one bullet. dont  plz dont .. regulate heavy weapons with out taking out  self healing.  ur just gonna make it a medic server if u do. nothing on jay2 is to hard to over come if u work as a team. only thing about heavy thats annoying is when its 2v3 and the three have  a flamer/panzer. and are defending.  shouldnt be able to grab one till its atlest 4v4. shit ive played 1v4 against 2 heavys. its pretty lame then.

• 100 2

• Platinum VIP
On 3/2/2022 at 8:39 AM, captnconcrete said:

i believe tho that heavy weapons on jay2.  even out the camping  medics who run after u fire one bullet. dont  plz dont .. regulate heavy weapons with out taking out  self healing.  ur just gonna make it a medic server if u do. nothing on jay2 is to hard to over come if u work as a team. only thing about heavy thats annoying is when its 2v3 and the three have  a flamer/panzer. and are defending.  shouldnt be able to grab one till its atlest 4v4. shit ive played 1v4 against 2 heavys. its pretty lame then.

Yeah, that's a better idea is limiting heavy weapons by player count - not including Bots

Ok so now we have launched rotations that last 5 weeks and are changing a bit every week. Keep the new suggestions coming as once week1 is done, changes can be made there then etc. It's ~ 25 maps/week and we try to keep the most popular/known maps on rotations now on the start to get the server going. Later on more new maps can be added, so be patient with those. Adding too many "new" maps has never been good to a server, so lets start it easy.

A big thanks to guys behind the scenes:

@N!COT!N3 for doing the map changes server side from now on. You were a patient student and you got this now 😄

@captnconcrete for working together with Nicotine with maplists and playercounts

@HipKat for map suggestions. We added some maps and in future more.

@D..X for also giving suggestions

@daredevil for listening/applying my thousand requests 😄

Now all is left to go on server and play! The rest is up to you all who want to make the server popular again :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 3

supplydepot2,0,64,
et_beach,0,40,
et_mor2_night_final,8,44, 
sp_delivery_te,0,50,
goldrush_gals,0,64,
caen2,0,52,
fa_bremen_final,0,52,
braundorf_final,0,40,  
school,8,64,
Karsiah_te2,0,40, 
fa_italy_b3_fixed,6,64,
capuzzo_final,10,64,
purefrag,0,26,
frostbite,0,52,
praetoria_m2,8,52,
el_kef_final,0,36,    
bba0-beta2,8,64,
venice,0,40,
western_b1,0,40,
snatch3_fixed,6,40,
pirates,0,40,
beerrun_b7a_0331,0,40,
adlernest,0,64, 
baserace,6,40,
nfl_b2,6,64,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • 100 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, N!COT!N3 said:

beerrun_b7a_0331,0,40,

7 hours ago, N!COT!N3 said:

western_b1,0,40,

FYI - That's pk3 name and map rotation takes BSP name. I suggest trying all weekly rotation on our test server first using objective cycle. This way you will learn on how to put correct names.. how standard ET server works and how our modified one works. Fundamental is all same i.e. always bsp name in rotation but syntax are different because of our different features. 

All good, no worries. Mistakes happen and that's how we learn. But server crashing mistakes shouldn't happen. It should be 0.01% and that's first time only.  If you use test server, you will be able to mitigate all human errors. 

Cheers and thank you.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

Seeing some things here. BBA Castle?? We found out that was WAY too big for Jay 2. I see maps that we took off due to low votes are back and Venice really needs spawn times longer Allies. They typically win that map and they do it fast.

• 100 1

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Seeing some things here. BBA Castle?? We found out that was WAY too big for Jay 2.

I agree, the problem with BBA is people can just keep moving with the flag and it's pretty unlikely they'll get seen by the other team. There's also people who just sit and hide in one area and then never get found. I'd recommend for a rule against that kind of thing but it just seems daft. I really don't think this map works on Jay2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElEl said:

I agree, the problem with BBA is people can just keep moving with the flag and it's pretty unlikely they'll get seen by the other team. There's also people who just sit and hide in one area and then never get found. I'd recommend for a rule against that kind of thing but it just seems daft. I really don't think this map works on Jay2.

I will request to replace it to FA Oasis b3(10, 64)

Edited by SuperNewNewbie
  • Like 1

• Leader
On 3/6/2022 at 12:58 AM, N!COT!N3 said:

nfl_b2,6,64,

I just joined Jay#2, downloaded the map and caught the tail-end of it.  Here is an SS of that spectacular Stadium.  It has Catapults in it! 😮 

NFL = National Football League = USA "Football" 😄 RL LOL here!

2022-03-07-124757@jay2-nfl_b2.thumb.jpg.cbede6e33e08e451a2d5738c4540395f.jpg

Edited by RedBaird
typo!
  • Sad 1
  • 100 2

On 3/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, RedBaird said:

I just joined Jay#2, downloaded the map and caught the tail-end of it.  Here is an SS of that spectacular Stadium.  It has Catapults in it! 😮 

NFL = National Football League = USA "Football" 😄 RL LOL here!

2022-03-07-124757@jay2-nfl_b2.thumb.jpg.cbede6e33e08e451a2d5738c4540395f.jpg

we need to lower the play time for this map its way to long. i love playing this map its fun and funny.

• 100 1