ET Server Suggestion Bot wait time after spawning

Vindstot

16 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

Question, does it happen more on new maps, old ones or custom/modified maps? Or its just random?

Could maybe give us a lead on the problem. 

I think it's worse when few players download map and then we have connecting bots for first minute of the map

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

• Inactive Member

Fueldump 80% of time in jay3. There are more but not sure enough since I wasnt tracking it. My guess is that its in certain maps, but ye , lets track it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Well well... We don't have an issue with ET 2.6b but an issue with ETL. So you all know where the problem is. 

Problem is - I don't have easy mechanism on re-creating it. @ElEl in the past had found some method on re-creating it but I am unable to do so in local Env. 

So if anyone can help - that would be great. I want this to be fixed as well.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, daredevil said:

Well well... We don't have an issue with ET 2.6b but an issue with ETL. So you all know where the problem is. 

Problem is - I don't have easy mechanism on re-creating it. @ElEl in the past had found some method on re-creating it but I am unable to do so in local Env. 

So if anyone can help - that would be great. I want this to be fixed as well.

ill try chat with el! see what he says. an share here . @rambozo37i think its a issue on all fa servers so no need to split topic.

maybe papywolf or buckwild could also help.

@daredevil have you chatted with mateos  the map maker on this? hes sumtimes really sharp, in et an can we put bawts spec or too other team to fix this? 

• Leader
22 hours ago, rMks said:

Fueldump 80% of time in jay3. There are more but not sure enough since I wasnt tracking it. My guess is that its in certain maps, but ye , lets track it

I have seen some admins speculating that it might be associated with players leaving during the intermission before a new map.

15 hours ago, daredevil said:

We don't have an issue with ET 2.6b but an issue with ETL

AH!  Problems with the ETL Server software?  I first thought that meant the clients were causing it! 😄 @ me.

3 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

in et an can we put bawts spec or too other team to fix thi

DareDevil has said in the past to 'never move the bots', as that might cause server crashes or other problems.

I sometimes put myself on a team so that the bot-script will change the bot-counts.  Sometimes that "fix" stays when I go back to spec and sometimes not.  The "connecting bots" sometimes seem to stay for several minutes, at least on the Jaymods.  It is hard to deal with when they force "server-joiners" onto the already "too many humans" team.

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

@daredevil have you chatted with mateos  the map maker on this? hes sumtimes really sharp, in et an can we put bawts spec or too other team to fix this? 

No - why he should provide the fix? Issues is somewhere in ETL because we noticed same issue on ETL + legacy mod server. OR At least that, I recall based on my conversation with Rendel. 

First  - we should check and confirm:

1. Does the same issue happens on ETL + Legacy mod. - If yes, 100% ETL issue.

2. If no, we should evaluate why it happened before and not now. 

Based on that, we can permanently fix the issue. Moving bots to spec, is not a solution. 

@Snuffs99 @RedBaird @captnconcrete - Can u 3 get together on our Euro ETL server and confirm if the issue exist their or not? Thanks

• Like 1

• Inactive Member
7 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

I have seen some admins speculating that it might be associated with players leaving during the intermission before a new map.

Players do that allways no metter maps. If they dont like map - spec/dc. This wont be the problem 100%

• Surprise 1

8 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Can u 3 get together on our Euro ETL server and confirm if the issue exist their or not?

It does.

9 minutes ago, daredevil said:

1. Does the same issue happens on ETL + Legacy mod. - If yes, 100% ETL issue.

It does but it's very short and rare.

• Thanks 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, yaku said:

It does.

Perfect - thanks for confirming. We should check with ETL team now i.e. what's happening aka if any of other clans are facing same issue and if later, fix should come from ETL Dev. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Based on that, we can permanently fix the issue. Moving bots to spec, is not a solution. 

@Snuffs99 @RedBaird @captnconcrete - Can u 3 get together on our Euro ETL server and confirm if the issue exist their or not? Thanks

Will have a gander and let you know.

NQ wise it seems to happen when 3 or more bots are on a team, at which point the bots get "connecting" status for 2-3 min. Venice came on before, had 1 bot axis and 2 on allies, all bots fine....... in the warmup some peeps left making it 3 bots on axis, 3 allies with players only able to join the team with less human players (allies in this instance)6 at which point the last 2 bots on axis had "connecting" status for a few min before they went normal. Prob with this as mentioned by others is when the bots are in the connecting state no one can join one team as the bots just keep filling up before going back to normal at which point you have way more human players on the team they are able to join.

When you say its ETL i assume you mean ETL server end? Asking as i'm on 2.60b client and not ETL.

Edited by Snuffs99

About the Bots connecting to the server problem, I am trying to see what the pattern in that is. But so far I still cant say any more than to me it appears to be completely random

It is not more than 3 bots connecting to server at any time however.

But! It only affects one team at a time, according to my observation

• Like 2
  • 100 2

34 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

About the Bots connecting to the server problem, I am trying to see what the pattern in that is. But so far I still cant say any more than to me it appears to be completely random

It is not more than 3 bots connecting to server at any time however.

But! It only affects one team at a time, according to my observation

Yep, same observations i've made last few days, random and only one team affected at each time. Thought it was 3 or more on a team at one point but since noticed that is not the case and at this point i really don't think there is a pattern tbh, i certainly cant see one and i think it would have been picked up on by now if it was aspecific reason..

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

11.thumb.jpg.bbc6fb2b75e22be06b57ee3498bd1361.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.84312bb7c18cdab7a3ec618b2a487633.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.8ee0ceb41f3c1dd263dba20b2a76beaa.jpg

13 vs 5 

Just an example. If the teams are not working to equalize , if the admins are afk, this creates a complete unbalance for the teams. 

Sometimes teams fix it by nice people, sometimes admins try to fix it using !putteam.

Most of the time normal people don't really care about team balance, just play, kill and die!

Sometimes it takes 1.5-2 minutes for bots to connect to the game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • 100 1

1 minute ago, mehmet said:

11.thumb.jpg.bbc6fb2b75e22be06b57ee3498bd1361.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.84312bb7c18cdab7a3ec618b2a487633.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.8ee0ceb41f3c1dd263dba20b2a76beaa.jpg

13 vs 5 

Just an example. If the teams are not working to equalize , if the admins are afk, this creates a complete unbalance for the teams. 

Sometimes it takes 1.5-2 minutes for bots to connect to the game!

So if it can be on both teams, and more than 3 bots connecting at one time, it must be related somehow to how many players are connected to the server. Maybe. Since it is less on Jay3, where less players are connected all the time than on B2, considering bots

• Like 2