ET Server Suggestion Bot wait time after spawning

Vindstot

I was thinking about how irritating bots can be after you spawn, and you want to go fast to shoot/do obj. But then bots come into your way, and they are blocking you. And in a narrow passage they cant even be pushed, because then they go backwards because their movement has been messed with. The bots dont have ping, and has a veeery fast reaction time, so they always start moving when they get spawned, hence they can block a player

Is it possible to make the bot faster, or slow it down?

For example the bot could be made to sprint after spawning until it uses up its stamina. Still not like jumping and going in a direction like crazy, but would help

Or, maybe what is better and more feasable, is to make the bot wait for 1 second (or similar time) after spawning and not doing anything in that time

Is it possible to do something of that sort?

I dont know how irritating this is to others, also how feasable is it to solve it, but for me a solution to this problem would make the gaming experience more fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP

This topic came up once before, several years ago and I believe the response was that the delay cannot be implemented

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Inactive Member

I can live with that. But I would rather want to know why in some maps bots have 3G internet and are connecting in new map for like 3-5 min few of them. anyone know why or how to fix it?

It have bad impact for good teams since they usually block specific team to join when no admin around

Edited by rMks

21 hours ago, rMks said:

I can live with that. But I would rather want to know why in some maps bots have 3G internet and are connecting in new map for like 3-5 min few of them. anyone know why or how to fix it?

It have bad impact for good teams since they usually block specific team to join when no admin around

i second this i to would like to know this messes  up jay2 daily we have good game  next map more bawts load and take 5 too 7 mins to join server making it impossible to join team down players makes teams stacked alot . then people leave . or everyone joins team they can making it 5v1 7v2 ...not good for the server. @RendeL  @daredevil    @rambozo37

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

On Bed2 i have problems leaving the spawn fast.

Bots are always spawning in front of me and there is no way to overtake them.

I mentioned that problem online ingame and the answer was:

"the bots positions is random".

In case this is fact, is it possible to change this algorythm?

just my 2 cents...

Edited by TBAR Flash

• Leader

On my side there's not much i can do. Even tho many years ago i had my own servers i never implemented bots into them so i have no clue how it works. What i do know is DD tried a few things to fix the problem but so far no solution was found. Only him can answer that.

I was about to split the topic but i hesitated. Yes its 2 different issues but from the same source (bots). Do you guys really think it would be best to split? If yes then i will split when back from work or if staff can do it plz.

• Like 1

• Inactive Member
4 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

On my side there's not much i can do. Even tho many years ago i had my own servers i never implemented bots into them so i have no clue how it works. What i do know is DD tried a few things to fix the problem but so far no solution was found. Only him can answer that.

I was about to split the topic but i hesitated. Yes its 2 different issues but from the same source (bots). Do you guys really think it would be best to split? If yes then i will split when back from work or if staff can do it plz.

I would just rename it to something like Jay3 problems with bots or something similiar :)

Edited by rMks

The bot "connecting" for a few min each map is a pain in NQ too, but on NQ you can !put the "connecting" bot(s) to spec and it clears the issue......BUT putting 2-3 bots spec each map is a pain in the arse and usually while they are "connecting" they block the slots and the team balance is off allowing one team to be joined and not the other as the bots hold the slots.

• Like 1

For the bot connecting problem

I havent tried to !put bots, as I remember someone telling me never do anything with bots

Should I try to !put them to a different team, maybe then players can join to the team with less players if the bots stay where they are put? Id guess probably not

39 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

For the bot connecting problem

I havent tried to !put bots, as I remember someone telling me never do anything with bots

Should I try to !put them to a different team, maybe then players can join to the team with less players if the bots stay where they are put? Id guess probably not

Yeah tbf i have been told the same at some point but never had issue !putting them spec, it just releases that slot and allows players to join both teams.

I'll put my two cents in here too.

Beg2 also has a problem with bots connecting for a long time. Sometimes they connect for about 2-3 minutes and if this happens in the evening, a catastrophe happens due to the fact that it is impossible for players to join another team and it happens 10/6, 13/8 (for example). This problem doesn't appear that often, maybe once every 6-7 maps, but it's still annoying.

• 100 1

Just now, rambozo37 said:

Question, does it happen more on new maps, old ones or custom/modified maps? Or its just random?

Could maybe give us a lead on the problem. 

I will keep an eye on that. So far I didnt see any pattern in that. It seems to me so far, it is completely random. Regardless of new, or old map

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1