Keyboard

Wolf

42 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

@PHNTM Wireless for gaming??

Nowadays, latency difference between wired and wireless is negligible and not noticeable. They've come a long way.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

I use everything wireless too on my desk computer

I wanted a keyboard with lights and the only one was the logitech K800

I took the logitech M705 as mouse

That's not the best for sure for gaming, But if I stay at reasonable distance from captor that's fine.

I have delay sometimes but almost never when I play ET, it's more due to background things who are running

The lights changed my life in all case when I'm in the dark ^^

I just need tu put it at 45° to be confortable to play but I used to it now. 

I think the most important is to train on your keyboard to be used to it, even the best one will feel you strange the first time you play with it. 

I don't think there is a "best" keyboard

12 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

Nowadays, latency difference between wired and wireless is negligible and not noticeable. They've come a long way.

Agree, but still preferred wired🙂

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 4:08 AM, Wolf said:

Agree, but still preferred wired🙂

Have you tried wireless keyboard/mouse before recently?

Edited by CheepHeep

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently checking out some of the suggestions here ^_^

Anyone has an opinion/suggestion about longevity?

Like, I see many are satisfied with your keyboard, but for how long have you been using it (without issues)?

My last 2 mechanical keyboards gave up after only a few months (less than a year).

Second one just had the first key stopped working today (after only 7months). And it's not hot-swappable...

Here is the latest one I was using: G-lab Carbon-E

https://the-g-lab.tech/en/produit/keyz-carbon-e/

I'm looking only at mechanical keyboards. Love that clicking sound 😁

And I don't really care for RPG oriented keyboards with a multitude of extra keys.

• Like 1

I've broken razer keyboards pretty quickly, but they were older versions.  Same with the older logitec ones.  I was running a full sized corsair keyboard and it lasted for yeeears with no issues but forget the model.  Spilled a coke in it and would have to desolder every switch to get to the board to clean thr damage so it's in the closet until I'm feeling froggy.  Decided to go with a tkl version of a similar corsair and have noticed issues like coming uncrouched while still holding c, but only in idfe so far. The buttond are also a little too sensitive for my liking, but I'm sure I should have gone with different switches.

With all of that being said, I'd still recommend them.  I've heard a lot of good things about ducky keybaords too, and especially the cherry mx red switches.   I think cooler master as some good ones and razers quality might be up to par now.  They've always put all their budget into advertisement instead of quality.

Figure out what size you want, maybe go to an electronics store and try some out and see what switches you like.

mechanicalkeyboards.com is a good place to shop around online.  

4 hours ago, Blunt said:

I've been using the Red Dragon 556 mechanical keyboard daily since Oct 2020 with zero issues.  It's cheap $60

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAI2TXC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very nice keyboard, i have one but without number keys (right side)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum VIP
On 3/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, Cross Marian said:

Currently checking out some of the suggestions here ^_^

Anyone has an opinion/suggestion about longevity?

Like, I see many are satisfied with your keyboard, but for how long have you been using it (without issues)?

My last 2 mechanical keyboards gave up after only a few months (less than a year).

Second one just had the first key stopped working today (after only 7months). And it's not hot-swappable...

Here is the latest one I was using: G-lab Carbon-E

https://the-g-lab.tech/en/produit/keyz-carbon-e/

I'm looking only at mechanical keyboards. Love that clicking sound 😁

And I don't really care for RPG oriented keyboards with a multitude of extra keys.

I've been using my Hyper-X Origins for several years, no problems

I have a Ducky one 2 mini mechanical keyboard, I've had it for a while and I've had no issues with it. I want to get another mechanical keyboard for a back up. The same I do with my mice and mousepad's.

Ducky's are a bit expensive for what they are imo, there are alot of similar kb's for a third of the money. I'm not putting it down, its a good kb but I think the days of these hot swappable boards are on the way out

Having said that, I have a Z88 TKL with pudding key caps, and blue switches, had it for 14 months now now and still works perfect.

Picking a kb is totally our choice Wolf, they don't make much difference to gaming like a mouse, just pick what you find aesthetically pleasing to you

Edited by iOmen
typo
  • 100 1