"Server connection timed out."

nAbish
Go to solution Solved by nAbish,

• Platinum VIP

This keeps happening on a regular basis to me any many other ET players. I've looked everywhere I can think of but have found no answers. This happens within minutes of connecting to server, doesn't happen all the time, but when it does its constant. Ill attach screenshots that may help, may not. I've restarted router/checked for updates, restarted pc and everything. Anything here helps. Thanks in advance!

credit to: El! for all his help trying to find a solution to this problem. Thanks!  

error.jpg

awaiting connection.jpg

timeout ss new.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

"credit to: El! for all his help trying to find a solution to this problem. Thanks! "

What's the solution? Do u have HLSW tool open?

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP

@daredevil none unfortunately. He's working on finding what he can. Just wanted to give creds for help I've received so far.

EDIT: I do not know what HLSW Tool is.

38 minutes ago, daredevil said:

I don't have one it's why I told him to make a topic here 😛 

Network stuff I'm completely useless with.

All I've been able to do is help with his config not saving changes and also wrote him a new one that doesn't have so many unnecessary lines. 

Oh also -

nabish.jpg.b0e4bf5ce9000d065b143cdd1d939e70.jpg

This is message the server displayed when he disconnected in the screenshots he posted.

Msg overflowed

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I have this happen on Jay 2 more often than I'd like. Suddenly I'll lag out and try to reconnect and it never connects, unless I exit the game and come back in awhile

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I have this happen on Jay 2 more often than I'd like. Suddenly I'll lag out and try to reconnect and it never connects, unless I exit the game and come back in awhile

Same here, just recently really started being a problem. Happens over and over again in about 2-5 minute increments. Other times I can connect and play fine, which is why I do not know if it is on my end or servers.

7 hours ago, daredevil said:

Discord me and we can do some live testing.

Will do, Ty sir.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, daredevil said:

"credit to: El! for all his help trying to find a solution to this problem. Thanks! "

I use HLSW and for whatever reason all FA servers bar NQ1 vanished from my custom list yesterday.
I'm putting them back on just now but Jay1 recruiting refuses to show at all and just times out, i can't even force the connection through HLSW as its just not there as far as HLSW is concerned yet i can see it on SL and trackbase with players. 

All other FA ET servers are showing for me though and i can connect to fine via HLSW.

Something certainly not quite right with Jay1. I cannot connect to it at all and get stuck on connection page of ET waiting, both "ping" and "tracert" say its there though but tracert got missing hops (4 atm).

Currently running Winmtr, will post once i reach 1000. ;)

@nAbish are you outside US? It could be a geo or routing issue if you and others are not US based, i'm in UK??

***EDIT

@daredevil

HLSW

HLSW.jpg

Jay1 Ping test

pingjay1.jpg

WINMtr

Jay-WINMtr.jpg

WINMtr text file and htm attached.

Jay1WINMtr.TXT

Jay1WINmtr.htm

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

No sir live in States, Texas to be exact! Have best fiber optic internet and a decent router, I run direct connection.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nAbish said:

No sir live in States, Texas to be exact! Have best fiber optic internet and a decent router, I run direct connection.

Was worth asking. I have to say its server end then?? I cant see any other reason why its behaving as it is. 

Will wait for Dare to have a gander.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP

I suspected the same thing. I've had many people tell me it's on my end. I'm having a very hard time believing that at this point. I'm sure it's something that can be fixed just a matter of finding the problem. Thanks! 

EDIT: Cannot stay connected to Jay 1 or Jay2 without being kicked. To the point I can no longer play. 

• Leader
1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

Jay-WINMtr.jpg

25 minutes ago, nAbish said:

Cannot stay connected to Jay 1 or Jay2 without being kicked. To the point I can no longer play. 

I suggest that you start a winMtr session to Jay1 and then connect your ET to the server.  That might show us something.  If you get kicked, stop the winMtr.  DD usually wants us to 'run for 100 packets' during a connection problem.  Those "no response from host" are normal for some nodes and the important thing is Snuff's "Loss %" of 0 at Jay1.  We like to see either "0% loss" or "no response".  UHH, one exception = we don't like to see "no response" from the server IP! 😄 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 minute ago, RedBaird said:

I suggest that you start a winMtr session to Jay1 and then connect your ET to the server.  That might show us something.  If you get kicked, stop the winMtr.  DD usually wants us to 'run for 100 packets' during a connection problem.  Those "no response from host" are normal for some nodes and the important thing is Snuff's "Loss %" of 0 at Jay1.  We like to see either "0% loss" or "no response".  UHH, one exception = we don't like to see "no response" from the server IP! 😄 

I have no idea how to do any of that. However, I do have teamviewer for anyone who has the time to test it for me..