"Server connection timed out."

nAbish
Go to solution Solved by nAbish,

• Platinum VIP

Uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled. Unfortunately I do not know what that means Capt* 

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/can-shared-graphics-finally-compete-with-a-dedicated-graphics-card/

how many drivers did u install. and what are they

Edited by captnconcrete

• Administrators

Can we connect through discord over the weekend? Sorry, weekdays are crazy fk days since last few months and have no energy to help/respond.

• Platinum VIP

Just happened to me on Jay 2 as Caen ended. Total lagout, never came out of it and had top leave the server

• Platinum VIP

Every night on Jay 1 I can play fine. Mornings/afternoons are when I'm getting this time out. NEVER at night, so normally when server is full is when it's happening. I've fixed my fps and getting stable 125, but still getting kicked exactly 5 minutes after joining server. At this point I've tried drivers/game settings/new cfg/ gamebooster, checking for malware/virus scan, and everything in between. I don't know what to do. 

• Platinum VIP

Still nothing thought full screen and high resolution was problem. Still timing out. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, nAbish said:

Still nothing thought full screen and high resolution was problem. Still timing out. 

Last time you didn't had issue when we tested? issue came back? 

my et\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" + set com_hunkMegs "512" + set com_zoneMegs "128" + set com_soundMegs "64"

is your load perimeter line set like this. or are they stock.

right click et icon go to properties .. lookin in target:

i believe once u go with custom  cfg u must turn these up or u will encounter problems. 

I found a post for Quake 2 where someone was having the same issue and it's pretty much the same engine. They were advised to lower entity count on the client side. Try turning off ejecting brass and lowering wall mark time as much as possible and turning off flares. See if you time out less often. I'm not convinced this is the solution but it's worth exploring.

What are your current settings for cg_marktime, cg_brasstime, r_flares? Are they the same as the config I gave you?

Could you also try a clean install of ET, with just r_primitives changed and see if you still get the problem?

The post: https://leray.proboards.com/thread/3664/maps-da-quake-giving-problems

i think its a ati thing cyalyst thingy needs to be shut off or set right.. i had issue on my pc yrs ago with this..  its why i only go nvidia. maybe sum one with a ati card could chim in and help . after i delt with my issue yrs ago i vowed never to buy anotherone.lol

AMD Catalyst (formerly named ATI Catalyst) is a device driver and utility software package for ATI/AMD line of video cards. Catalyst driver packages included the Catalyst Control Center for manipulating many of the hardware's functions, such as 3D settings, monitor controls and video options.

Edited by captnconcrete

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

my et\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" + set com_hunkMegs "512" + set com_zoneMegs "128" + set com_soundMegs "64"

is your load perimeter line set like this. or are they stock.

right click et icon go to properties .. lookin in target:

i believe once u go with custom  cfg u must turn these up or u will encounter problems. 

This is what my Target says:     "C:\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe"

4 hours ago, ElEl said:

I found a post for Quake 2 where someone was having the same issue and it's pretty much the same engine. They were advised to lower entity count on the client side. Try turning off ejecting brass and lowering wall mark time as much as possible and turning off flares. See if you time out less often. I'm not convinced this is the solution but it's worth exploring.

What are your current settings for cg_marktime, cg_brasstime, r_flares? Are they the same as the config I gave you?

Could you also try a clean install of ET, with just r_primitives changed and see if you still get the problem?

The post: https://leray.proboards.com/thread/3664/maps-da-quake-giving-problems

Should all be set to 0 or what you already had them set to.

I've tried clean install of ET and ETL both had the same problems. 

I've also read somewhere about what @captnconcrete is talking about. Never found an answer..