ET Fighting tactics

R3D Warrior19

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP
On 4/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, captnconcrete said:

my favorite tactic is to do the unexpected !  and trick my enemy with mind games! most powerful weapon ever anywhere the human mind!

I try to do the same, but that's more of a Stealth tactic, right? 

I used to rush right ion, now I look for "back-alley" ways to get to a spot where I can maximize my kills. 1v1 in a rush, I'll die in most cases, but long range, or "Ambush" is better for me these days

• Surprise 1

3 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I try to do the same, but that's more of a Stealth tactic, right? 

I used to rush right ion, now I look for "back-alley" ways to get to a spot where I can maximize my kills. 1v1 in a rush, I'll die in most cases, but long range, or "Ambush" is better for me these days

I think that not avoiding difficult positions and not looking for the best starting position every time improves skill

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
13 hours ago, joo said:

I think that not avoiding difficult positions and not looking for the best starting position every time improves skill

I think skill is relative and people develop skills that suit them, their imaginations and their physical/mental abilities. Especially as we age, we have to develop our skills in other ways when the things we had normally done start to fail.

Reflexes and staying focused on Crosshairs in a 1v1 up-close battle are the first to go for many of us (I'm 56), so laying back, coming in slowly and (I think about Venice) from not-normal directions works best

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I think skill is relative and people develop skills that suit them, their imaginations and their physical/mental abilities. Especially as we age, we have to develop our skills in other ways when the things we had normally done start to fail.

Reflexes and staying focused on Crosshairs in a 1v1 up-close battle are the first to go for many of us (I'm 56), so laying back, coming in slowly and (I think about Venice) from not-normal directions works best

I completely agree.  If you want to fight 100% right here and now (without training or focusing on developing), actually looking for the best position is good.  It all depends on what is the most fun.  I almost never play 100% seriously, I often take unusual (usually difficult for me) positions because it gives me fun.  While playing, I listen to music on the speakers from my laptop.  Regardless of the position, playing as a medic, using adrenaline and PPSH gives a very big advantage.  In my opinion, wearing the right headphones adds a dozen or so% to the feeling of the game and even the ease of winning duels.  Actually, you can write and write about positions, alignment of the crosshair, mouse movements or using strafe etc.  etc.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
39 minutes ago, joo said:

I completely agree.  If you want to fight 100% right here and now (without training or focusing on developing), actually looking for the best position is good.  It all depends on what is the most fun.  I almost never play 100% seriously, I often take unusual (usually difficult for me) positions because it gives me fun.  While playing, I listen to music on the speakers from my laptop.  Regardless of the position, playing as a medic, using adrenaline and PPSH gives a very big advantage.  In my opinion, wearing the right headphones adds a dozen or so% to the feeling of the game and even the ease of winning duels.  Actually, you can write and write about positions, alignment of the crosshair, mouse movements or using strafe etc.  etc.

Yeah, I do the same - not play too seriously. And I also usually have music on, or streaming something on my other monitor, until someone has to make a negative comment where I have to focus for a bit and remind certain people I still have 13 years of playing this game behind me.... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just hide behind @Cracker and try to steal his kills 😂 but I hate this game so I barely play 😄 

Edited by Sisje
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Sisje said:

I just try to hide behind @Cracker and steal his kills 😂 but I hate this game so I barely play 😄 

Is that you, Sisje? 😄

IMG_20210423_141943.jpg

• Haha 2

It's a LIE optimization and config has a HUGE advantage over tactics alone.  I can hit a very experienced, great player like say... Shatter or Phantom but some players I can't hit to save my life at times, the lag is surreal and it's just BS....This is the dirtiest lie of ET ever. I can even think of players that I remember from a few years ago that I play with now and they became God somehow. You can improve, you can have skills , tactics but anyone who has a real eye and is daring enough to look beyond the intuitive ( They are just better and more experienced BS narrative) can see that sometimes these two things alone do not make you super soldier...

I have tactics, tricks myself. Like seeing someone in the corner of your eye so you back up real fast as they chase you, turn around and nail them... Things of that sort... I fool some of the better players even with tactics here and there. Not saying I'm good but spec me sometime and you might see how smart I can play.  At other times I just rush in because it works better with some players to be up close and personal and to not let them control the distance between you. 

Sometimes you'll notice players playing it smart and safe by hanging back behind other players so that by the time you face them you are either with 75 HP, self healing or out of ammo... I see all sorts of tricks... Smart players for sure. But the real BS is when some one "with tactics" destroys you without you even being able to scratch them...that simply is just shit... 

Some players use their team to frag you as alluded to, they will stand behind 2 other medics and just steal all their frags. I hate playing with mates like that. 

Edited by spectator