ET Jay #2 Difficult targets on Jay2

PHNTM

Just now, Internomad said:

It's common knowledge if you do research, not hard to find out.  Cheaters who play the game let the coders know of any updates and the coders are informed by members of their staff, so then they update the hack.  These guys make good money, that's why their sites are staffed 24/7.

For ET? Theres already a small playerbase for ET and even smaller number of cheaters. Where do they get "good money" when demand is very limited? Also, it's the same for us though, we are always keeping watch. It's also obvious to say that there will be cheaters here and there but for the most part our servers are clean. As long as there are good players there will be noobs claiming cheats but at that point it's all speculation. Accusations =/= fact. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

For ET? Theres already a small playerbase for ET and even smaller number of cheaters. Where do they get "good money" when demand is very limited? Also, it's the same for us though, we are always keeping watch. It's also obvious to say that there will be cheaters here and there but for the most part our servers are clean. As long as there are good players there will be noobs claiming cheats but at that point it's all speculation. Accusations =/= fact. 

They don't just do one cheat, most of the top sites cover all the top games, and also some will cover requested games, if they think it's worth their time.

17 minutes ago, Internomad said:

They don't just do one cheat, most of the top sites cover all the top games, and also some will cover requested games, if they think it's worth their time.

I think you are straying further from the point with every post.

First of all - this thread is not about cheating accusation. If you believe someone is using some sort of 3rd party software to enhance their gameplay, feel free to take demos, and we will evaluate them. No one claimed anticheat is perfect, that's where we step in, to cover for that possibility. This thread is about Phantom trying to clarify certain misunderstandings and offer a solution.

Secondly, biggest cheating source site for ET, which I won't name, blacklisted their "users" from their site for finding out they played on FA. Why? Because there's a lot of admins constantly watching, and AC gets updated, and their whole work goes down the drain until they fix it again. Like Destiny said - this is not going to end, ever. But to say that there's coders sitting 24/7 on a - let's face it - dying game, is a bit of a strech in my opinion.

We're open to hear any suggestion. I firmly believe we are doing a good job with handling cheaters, who are expelled from the servers in a timely manner, once suspicious activity is recorded.

Should you want to create a cheater report topic - you're free to do so and we will look over it and evaluate it fully.

• Like 4
  • 100 2

After reading this topic I cant help but comment. I think it comes down to understanding. While it is not impossible to make a player "unhittable" there are so many variables that it makes it illogical to be the way that people would try to cheat. This type of cheat would require so many steps of complex information to complete in a short amount of time that it is not worth it. In addition to that how would someone be able to toggle between who can kill them and who cant. For this type of cheat the player would be unable to be hit by anyone not just a player or two. At that point, it would be undeniable that that person would be using a cheat if not a single person can hit him with a bullet. Sometimes it just takes a little perspective to see that you are focused on a rabbit hole of things that are not true. 

For me it is not uncommon to get killed by a certain player 5 or 6 times and think man I cant even get a hit on him. But once I take a step back or go spec and watch him, it becomes more apparent that while I cant get any hits on them, other people have no issue killing him. There are so many different variables that go into whether or not a bullet will connect with another player that often times it is a combination of issues while you feel you cant hit them. I encourage you all to do the same when you get this feeling.

While our AC system may not be perfect, it is the best in the game. Together with it and our admins, over 99% of all cheaters get caught. Like was mentioned before, anytime there is a system in place to create structure and fairness you will have people who try to find loop holes or ways around it. But rest assured, it is not if, but when they will get caught. Having the best anticheat in the game often makes people want to challenge it. But if you read most of the cheats out there, they will make a side note that "WILL NOT WORK ON FA SERVERS". 

Going forward, If you or anyone ever feels like someone it cheating, feel free to follow our process lined out to report them. That being said, always be willing to accept that you are not correct that someone is cheating. Openness and the ability to discuss things like civilized people is a major part of the process. Failure to do those two things shut down more topics than anything else. We do our best to keep our servers fun and enjoyable for all players. 

• Like 4
  • 100 2

2 hours ago, Internomad said:

This clan has been around since 2008, do you think you know better than any of the leaders when it comes to cheaters? F|A has their own anti-cheat and staff that are good at watching demos and pointing out definitive proof of cheats which leads to them being banned. If you think cheating is as big of an issue as you're making it out to be, maybe you should try installing something from one of those 'top sites' and try joining ANY server with it. I guarantee you won't be able to join F|A servers, you probably won't get very far with other clan servers.

It's easy to explain players being better than you by accusing them of cheats or """"ScRiPtS""""", it's more difficult to accept that this game has been around a long time so obviously a lot of people are going to be better than you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 2

3 hours ago, Xiahou Dun said:

I think you are straying further from the point with every post.

First of all - this thread is not about cheating accusation. If you believe someone is using some sort of 3rd party software to enhance their gameplay, feel free to take demos, and we will evaluate them. No one claimed anticheat is perfect, that's where we step in, to cover for that possibility. This thread is about Phantom trying to clarify certain misunderstandings and offer a solution.

Secondly, biggest cheating source site for ET, which I won't name, blacklisted their "users" from their site for finding out they played on FA. Why? Because there's a lot of admins constantly watching, and AC gets updated, and their whole work goes down the drain until they fix it again. Like Destiny said - this is not going to end, ever. But to say that there's coders sitting 24/7 on a - let's face it - dying game, is a bit of a strech in my opinion.

We're open to hear any suggestion. I firmly believe we are doing a good job with handling cheaters, who are expelled from the servers in a timely manner, once suspicious activity is recorded.

Should you want to create a cheater report topic - you're free to do so and we will look over it and evaluate it fully.

I don't intend carrying on this discussion, I was just interested in your clans thoughts on this.  And btw, I never said anyone was sitting on just ET, all these sites have cheats for most of the Tops games out there.  Like the Battlefield series, the CoD series, including the latest games out.  And the coders don't sit 24/7 on games, they rely on their customers who play the games to report to them when an update to the game is released.  This is my last  words on this thread as I never intended it to turn out as it has.  Please ask Phantom to stop killing me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

With all do respect, shouldn't this be about "hard to hit" and not "hacking"? Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems that the two may be entirely separate issues. 
I know how it feels to feel ganged up on internomad or to feel confused and lost about certain frags. I understand. Sometimes people just don't get well received by others and it can be stressful to even show your face on the forums again. You might not have a popular opinion, hopefully you didn't get too muddled for it. 

4 hours ago, Professor Tony said:

After reading this topic I cant help but comment. I think it comes down to understanding. While it is not impossible to make a player "unhittable" there are so many variables that it makes it illogical to be the way that people would try to cheat. This type of cheat would require so many steps of complex information to complete in a short amount of time that it is not worth it. In addition to that how would someone be able to toggle between who can kill them and who cant. For this type of cheat the player would be unable to be hit by anyone not just a player or two. At that point, it would be undeniable that that person would be using a cheat if not a single person can hit him with a bullet. Sometimes it just takes a little perspective to see that you are focused on a rabbit hole of things that are not true. 

For me it is not uncommon to get killed by a certain player 5 or 6 times and think man I cant even get a hit on him. But once I take a step back or go spec and watch him, it becomes more apparent that while I cant get any hits on them, other people have no issue killing him. There are so many different variables that go into whether or not a bullet will connect with another player that often times it is a combination of issues while you feel you cant hit them. I encourage you all to do the same when you get this feeling.

While our AC system may not be perfect, it is the best in the game. Together with it and our admins, over 99% of all cheaters get caught. Like was mentioned before, anytime there is a system in place to create structure and fairness you will have people who try to find loop holes or ways around it. But rest assured, it is not if, but when they will get caught. Having the best anticheat in the game often makes people want to challenge it. But if you read most of the cheats out there, they will make a side note that "WILL NOT WORK ON FA SERVERS". 

Going forward, If you or anyone ever feels like someone it cheating, feel free to follow our process lined out to report them. That being said, always be willing to accept that you are not correct that someone is cheating. Openness and the ability to discuss things like civilized people is a major part of the process. Failure to do those two things shut down more topics than anything else. We do our best to keep our servers fun and enjoyable for all players. 

I have done the same, but isn't it strange that you can't kill some players, but others can...and you can kill those that can kill the players that you can't kill? 😄 ( Did you follow all that?) It's a very frustrating thing....

Edited by spectator

3 hours ago, spectator said:

I have done the same, but isn't it strange that you can't kill some players, but others can...and you can kill those that can kill the players that you can't kill? 

It's like in Pokémon, rock types are strong against flying, bug, fire and ice but weak against fighting, ground and steel types. 

Maybe you're a rock type and the guy you can't kill is steel and the guy that can kill the guy you can't kill is probably a fire type - because you can kill him. 

The answer is Pokémon. 

• Haha 5

If I have stepped out of line, I apologise.  I don't want to upset anyone as I like playing on your servers, just now and again I make a silly comment in game, which again I apologise for;.  As you will all know, I'm not all that good a player, but am trying to get better.  Now if PHNTM and Elluvial(not sure about the spelling) would stop ganging up on me, maybe I would 'git gud'.  So anyway guys if you see me on the server(s) my in-game name is Tommy and I usually play a medic, though will always switch if some particular class is needed, like a engineer.  Ok guys I'm out!

Stabilis

Edited by Internomad
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
20 hours ago, Internomad said:

It's common knowledge if you do research, not hard to find out.  Cheaters who play the game let the coders know of any updates and the coders are informed by members of their staff, so then they update the hack.  These guys make good money, that's why their sites are staffed 24/7.

You seem to have a pretty intimate knowledge of this...

• Platinum VIP
12 hours ago, Internomad said:

Yes I do, are you assuming something?

Something would be a good way to put it

• RendeL locked this topic