ET Jay #2 Difficult targets on Jay2

PHNTM

10 hours ago, spectator said:

Well in reality there are no bullets... so... 

But, thank you for your insight. I wonder if that's true... what would cause the hit boxes to lag behind?

anti lag in et is pretty crappy........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
17 hours ago, spectator said:

Well in reality there are no bullets... so... 

OK, Neo. Did the Oracle tell you that??? lol

• Haha 1

Well, I've never seen a physical bullet in ET 😄 I've seen "illustrated" bullet holes. I didn't actually mean that bullets curve. I didn't have a explanation for what I was referring to.  But apparently some have already explained it clearly. He was giving me a hard time for no reason. Of course I wasn't referring to imaginary bullets curving. I mean come on...

Edited by spectator
  • Haha 1

Guys we've had a breakthrough. I have it on very good authority that people are using scripts to make their shots do headshot damage from any distance.

9679d7b5ac236529ed4acb28c74c3b6c.png

ae278c2c5f77383e494a0ae7dc3e0312.png

bfaeaff9c2480fa7adfd4b465095ae6d.png

With this information I spoke to a very trusted source who is highly reputable for anti-cheat in EA games. My source worked on extremely high profile games that bring in lots of cheaters such as FIFA 2003, Jane's Combat Simulations: F/A-18 Simulator and The Sims: House Party. He says this could indeed be true despite this code that I found from the game itself:

#if DO_BROKEN_DISTANCEFALLOFF
            // ~~~___---___
            if ( dist > 1500.f ) {
                if ( dist > 2500.f ) {
                    take *= 0.2f;
                } else {
                    float scale = 1.f - 0.2f * ( 1000.f / ( dist - 1000.f ) );

take *= scale;
                }
            }
#else
            // ~~~---______
            // zinx - start at 100% at 1500 units (and before),
            // and go to 20% at 2500 units (and after)

// 1500 to 2500 -> 0.0 to 1.0
            scale = ( dist - 1500.f ) / ( 2500.f - 1500.f );
            // 0.0 to 1.0 -> 0.0 to 0.8
            scale *= 0.8f;
            // 0.0 to 0.8 -> 1.0 to 0.2
            scale = 1.0f - scale;

// And, finally, cap it.
            if ( scale > 1.0f ) {
                scale = 1.0f;
            } else if ( scale < 0.2f ) {
                scale = 0.2f;
            }

take *= scale;

So we have quite a conundrum on our hands as to how people are altering the game's code to make only their shots deal headshot damage everywhere and consistently. Perhaps this has something to do with flux-charged packets but I would need to talk to an expert.

Spectator, you are quite well versed with ET, can you offer us an explanation to this phenomenon? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Interesting comments! Every player can take damage but if you don't know their movements or quirks you won't kill them if they have killer aim and reactions/battle sense.

Unfortunately this is why ET will die, I have only just come back to the game, so I knew how insanely fast people can kill you. Imagine being a newbie and walking into an Uber pro on a "beginners" server a few times in a row 😂🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1

Member when people said ET would die back in 2010?  Then again in 2011?  Then again in 2012? Then again every year until now?  You guys memberrr?  I member.

• Love 1
  • 100 6

10 hours ago, ElEl said:

// and go to 20% at 2500 units (and after)

The FG42 gang liked the ET gamecode.

• Sad 1

flux charged packets laughing till im crying lol u talking to cito again .lol

my favorite cheat to usehacker hacking GIF is the push  script hack i have.lol /bind f push.  major haxslolExaggerate Mtv GIF by Cameo

• Haha 2
  • Surprise 1

At this point, I accept that I believe in something that others do not, even that it's unpopular and has no official explanation. But, plain as day, no one can tell me that lag never factors into ET, or makes you miss a shot.  Warping is a real thing, I'm not sure why we'd pretend that it isn't... as far as lag, it's on both ends. If someone is having a hard time hitting someone, it's possible something is wrong on their own end. 

As hard as people try to make the concept or idea of lag messing up a shot on a 20 year old  online game look silly, I have faith that it still exists and effects people's gaming experience. Perhaps it's a crazy idea but insinuating that someone is crazy or a "know it all" because they are convinced that lag effects an online game... is ridiculous. You can humor yourselves, but I'm not sure what more you expect from me at this point... Frankly, you either like hearing yourselves talk or me talk because I've ran this one into the ground.... 

I'm not going to change my stance that lag exists in a online game... 

I'm not sure why people keep insisting that everything is so clear, cut and dry, you CAN NOT rule out online conditions, settings, configs because every player has them, every player is unique... You can factor in skill, experience  but you can not factor out the internet on a 20 year old multiplayer game and debating the point is silly and a waste of my time...

In some players it's very easy to see how the internet effects their experience as well as other players playing with them. In the old days some servers wouldn't even let you play if your ping was around 200...

I don't have to be a expert to see the obvious, I don't have to be world renowned or have some sort of grand ego to stick to such a simple opinion. I would imagine that it should be intuitive to everyone, nearly everyone that there is lag on an online game... At this point it's either present something with evidence or just stop discussing a topic that isn't going to go anywhere... Making silly jokes isn't adding anything to the topic.

Someone mentioned anti-lag maybe that would  be a ACTUAL worthwhile place to lead the discussion, something actually relevant....

If you want to actually contribute perhaps show demos, or commentary of recorded videos, as to what makes someone miss a shot or anyone a god-like player.  Real contribution to the topic... Because when I spec players I don't honestly see what I'm missing, nothing jumps out to me, no god-ly skill to be honest. Maybe I missed it.. 

But this topic, regardless of having over 1000 views is going nowhere new and I think we've all said enough.

Edited by spectator
  • 100 1

FPS.  Just because on ET it might say 125FPS in reality it is only as fast as your screen refresh rate 60Hz 75Hz etc etc.  In my experience this can make players seem unhittable in 1 v 1 at close range.  Get a screen with at least 144Hz if you want FPS of 125.

ET is a game where you can tweak so many things for so many different situations CFG adjustments and files (low level programming), it is a PC gamers (for nerds/geeks) paradise opposed to Xbox or PS with game settings being universal and standard thus predictable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

some people growing up got a trophy even when they didnt deserve it and it shows in  this thread.

what i didnt win well theirs gotta be a reason and it cant be that the otherguys just better. no way. theirs a saying in construction .. where im from just shut up people will tell u how smart they are.lolololol

your playing a game with people all over the world . im sure lag is a factor .at some point.

• Like 3

You could perhaps try taking the laptop on your next vacation abroad and see if you can get better results with better ping 😛

I think if you keep doing the same things you can't expect different results.. try something new. 

• Haha 2

• RendeL locked this topic