ET Jay #2 Difficult targets on Jay2

PHNTM

If I might throw a bag of frogs in here.  It's well known that there are a lot of people who cheat in W: ET.  Why is it that every clan I mention this too say, we don't have any cheaters, we are totally clean.  How do you know that?  I have played ET from 2004 for so many years,, I forget now how many.  After a few months I suspected some members of cheating.  We checked this out and found that every single member was in fact a cheater.  We wasn't a big clan, if I remember right it involved 10 players.  But it proves that there are cheats  for ET but yet, still every clan I spoke to say no, not ours.  Just like to know what people think about this.

• Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Internomad said:

If I might throw a bag of frogs in here.  It's well known that there are a lot of people who cheat in W: ET.  Why is it that every clan I mention this too say, we don't have any cheaters, we are totally clean.  How do you know that?  I have played ET from 2004 for so many years,, I forget now how many.  After a few months I suspected some members of cheating.  We checked this out and found that every single member was in fact a cheater.  We wasn't a big clan, if I remember right it involved 10 players.  But it proves that there are cheats  for ET but yet, still every clan I spoke to say no, not ours.  Just like to know what people think about this.

Yeah, I think most of these  unhittable players are cheating.

I can't really prove it but 50% accuracy, yeah right.. if you believe that.

Edited by PHNTM
  • Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Internomad said:

Innocent until proven guilty. We are strict to all of our admins, if you cheat you are out, simple as that. Obviously we don't visit every admin's house to investigate if they have anything fishy going on on their pc but we build a relationship of trust with them where we can believe a fellow admin is clean when he says he is until proven otherwise.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

There's not really a lot of cheaters in ET anymore, especially compared to what it used to be.   Silent AC has done a great job of catching anyone cheating recently.

FA is the best community I have come across in dealing with cheaters and "cheaters".  They don't just ban good players like 99% of other communities/clans, many of whom died out long ago because of it, but still get rid of those who are cheating pretty swiftly.

• Surprise 1

I never turned to cheating as a explanation,  as much as some of you give me crap for hard to hit. I always assumed it was some sort of lag or something. I never thought people were actually hacking, are we being serious here or just messing with him?

• Platinum VIP

Cheaters here are easily discovered either by the AC or by the fact that so many players have been around for so many years and have such a high level of "game sense" that cheaters stand out like a sore thumb.

Now, one of the reasons I left ETPro, other than the great servers all dying was the maddening fact that so many players used at least wallhacks and humanized bots. They may still, I dunno. I'm very, very far removed from ETPro anymore

• Surprise 1

10 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

Innocent until proven guilty. We are strict to all of our admins, if you cheat you are out, simple as that. Obviously we don't visit every admin's house to investigate if they have anything fishy going on on their pc but we build a relationship of trust with them where we can believe a fellow admin is clean when he says he is until proven otherwise.

I wasn't saying just admins were cheating, and if you think that an AC catches any cheaters, then to say the least, you are vary naïve.  Look I'm not having a go at anyone, or any clan in particular.  I have spent a lot of time watching players cheat, and researched it too.  Did you know that when an AC is patched, that almost all the big coders on most of the well known hacking sites have fixed their hack within a couple of hours!  

Recently a high profile hacking site, Perfect Aim, had one of their hacks for Destiny 2 found, which resulted in many bans.  Perfect Aim released this short statement:-

“This product is no longer available

A claim has been made by Bungie, Inc. ("Bungie") suggesting that this product violates the game's license agreement. Furthermore, a demand was made that we cease and desist from selling this product.

We won't comment on whether these claims are justified or not, but have decided to comply with this demand regardless. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to our customers.”

Meanwhile they continue to sell their many other hacks.

Edited by Internomad

9 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

There's not really a lot of cheaters in ET anymore, especially compared to what it used to be.   Silent AC has done a great job of catching anyone cheating recently.

FA is the best community I have come across in dealing with cheaters and "cheaters".  They don't just ban good players like 99% of other communities/clans, many of whom died out long ago because of it, but still get rid of those who are cheating pretty swiftly.

To be fair, it IS these very good players you need to be looking at.

• Surprise 1

8 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Cheaters here are easily discovered either by the AC or by the fact that so many players have been around for so many years and have such a high level of "game sense" that cheaters stand out like a sore thumb.

Now, one of the reasons I left ETPro, other than the great servers all dying was the maddening fact that so many players used at least wallhacks and humanized bots. They may still, I dunno. I'm very, very far removed from ETPro anymore

But why do you think that you have no cheaters in F|A?  As I have already posted, Anticheats are nullified within a couple of hours by these expert coders.  In the past I have seen many cheaters eventually caught, where their clan said he was just 'good'!

• Confused 1
  • Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP
56 minutes ago, Internomad said:

But why do you think that you have no cheaters in F|A?  As I have already posted, Anticheats are nullified within a couple of hours by these expert coders.  In the past I have seen many cheaters eventually caught, where their clan said he was just 'good'!

I didn't say there are none. I said they're easily discovered.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Internomad said:

I wasn't saying just admins were cheating, and if you think that an AC catches any cheaters, then to say the least, you are vary naïve.  Look I'm not having a go at anyone, or any clan in particular.  I have spent a lot of time watching players cheat, and researched it too.  Did you know that when an AC is patched, that almost all the big coders on most of the well known hacking sites have fixed their hack within a couple of hours!  

Recently a high profile hacking site, Perfect Aim, had one of their hacks for Destiny 2 found, which resulted in many bans.  Perfect Aim released this short statement:-

“This product is no longer available

A claim has been made by Bungie, Inc. ("Bungie") suggesting that this product violates the game's license agreement. Furthermore, a demand was made that we cease and desist from selling this product.

We won't comment on whether these claims are justified or not, but have decided to comply with this demand regardless. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to our customers.”

Meanwhile they continue to sell their many other hacks.

Not sure why you are bringing up AC here since I didn't mention that. Obviously we keep a close at everyone not just our admins, I just wanted to make it a point that we are not excusing anyone regardless of their levels, donations, etc. I speak for probably all of us if I say that we are aware hacks get updated, and thus so is the AC. This is an ancient tale as the battle between AC and cheats has always been a tug of war, regardless of which game we are talking about.

Once we become aware of a cheater we ban them, once we become aware of a cheat the AC gets updated. We also have plenty of admins watching out for cheaters on the servers in case AC doesn't pick them up. Demo's are taken and reviewed by a multitude of people.

All in all it is safe enough to assume there are no cheaters on the servers. If you have any doubts about someone I recommend to record a demo and post it on forums in the corresponding section. All complaints are taken seriously and will be investigated.

43 minutes ago, Internomad said:

I'm not sure if you understood what I was saying about AC(Anti Cheat.)  Once an AC gets updated, the cheat then is updated, usually within a couple of hours.

Lol. You know this how? You think people are 24/7 on the look out for ACs being updated for an old game. Maybe its the case for new games but doubt it's the case for ET. Also do you know how and when our AC is updated as a result of new or updated cheats? You make a lot of assumptions. 

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Lol. You know this how? You think people are 24/7 on the look out for ACs being updated for an old game. Maybe its the case for new games but doubt it's the case for ET. Also do you know how and when our AC is updated as a result of new or updated cheats?

It's common knowledge if you do research, not hard to find out.  Cheaters who play the game let the coders know of any updates and the coders are informed by members of their staff, so then they update the hack.  These guys make good money, that's why their sites are staffed 24/7.

• RendeL locked this topic