Goodbye, old friend.

Xiahou Dun

sorry to hear that mate sounds like you guys had a special bond 

those are some nice words hang in there if you need something we are here.

• Thanks 1

My condolences, it isn't easy losing a pet who is not only a pet.. they're so much more than a pet, they're family. Whether gone or here, they're never forgotten and live on in our hearts forever. I'm sure he was eternally thankful for what you have done and given him. I just lost my best friend of 15 years this past Christmas, and it wasn't easy losing that bond.

Edited by bLade.
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear for your lose. Its hard to lose your best friend. We always come to miss our lost friends, they are in our mind daily. But what can give us condolence is that they are in better place now, and they dont have any pains anymore and they are waiting us. They want us to keep going and think only good memories. I wish you a lot strenghts, even that missing never go away, life still has a lot to give and it will give enjoyment and happiness in future too and even that we cant talk to them or pet or hug them, they live in our memories.

My condolences. Stay strong!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It's been exactly one year since we parted ways, old friend. I still haven't gotten over it. The rift in my heart is not a simple wound, but rather a scar. A scar that will never fully heal, not as long as I know you were with me all these years.

I miss you everyday and this was the emptiest year I've ever lived in my short 21 years on this planet. I feel alone without you and everyday I pay the price for you being the greatest companion I could've ever asked for.

But there's been great things also, and I'm sure you're a part of it, assisting me from across the Rainbow Bridge. I know you're happy there with all the other animals, having all the toys and more snacks than you could ever eat. And I know that you're sharing some of that greatness with me. I hope you have as wonderful friends up there as I've made down here, over the past year.

As much pain as writing this brings me - I know that you deserve to be remembered and I will cherish every single memory we have. Having your name as my Discord handle and hearing my amazing friends from this community sometimes address me with it feels like you made an impact even on people that never got to know you. Today you're even a better boy than usual, even if your departure brings so much tears that I don't even have anything more to cry with and I just sit there sobbing without tears anymore.

Go and hug your animals. I certainly am devastated today and I wish I could pet your fluffy fur again. Until next time, friend, keep being the best boy, as always.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2
  • 100 1

I'm sure Shane is one of the stars you can see when you look to the sky ! 

Loosing your best friend is like lossing a part of you... but life can continue and can bring you lot of new experiences!

Take care man. ❤️ 

• Love 1

A very touching and heart wrenching story buddy.  I am with ya on how hard it is to lose a pet, not only a pet but a dear friend a friend that will never back down and never ever hurt you. Reading your story just brings tears to my eyes, reminds me when I lost my pet a black cat that I have had for 17 years ever since it was a little tiny kitten I could place in my jacket pocket. What was so hard for me is just at the start of Covid 19 I lost my grandmother, where the whole state and practically the country (world) went into lockdown I started feeling alone and feeling what's the point of anything. Then the worst happened I lost my loving friend one that was always there on my lap comforting me, comes up to me with one last final meow.  Like she was telling me I love you and will be with you in spirit but now I must comfort your grandmother in heaven.   I know its very painful my friend but keep faith and always remember the good times and it will feel like your friend never left.

always end the day with a positive though, and a greatfull heart

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Xiahou Dun said:

It's been exactly one year since we parted ways, old friend. I still haven't gotten over it. The rift in my heart is not a simple wound, but rather a scar. A scar that will never fully heal, not as long as I know you were with me all these years.

I miss you everyday and this was the emptiest year I've ever lived in my short 21 years on this planet. I feel alone without you and everyday I pay the price for you being the greatest companion I could've ever asked for.

But there's been great things also, and I'm sure you're a part of it, assisting me from across the Rainbow Bridge. I know you're happy there with all the other animals, having all the toys and more snacks than you could ever eat. And I know that you're sharing some of that greatness with me. I hope you have as wonderful friends up there as I've made down here, over the past year.

As much pain as writing this brings me - I know that you deserve to be remembered and I will cherish every single memory we have. Having your name as my Discord handle and hearing my amazing friends from this community sometimes address me with it feels like you made an impact even on people that never got to know you. Today you're even a better boy than usual, even if your departure brings so much tears that I don't even have anything more to cry with and I just sit there sobbing without tears anymore.

Go and hug your animals. I certainly am devastated today and I wish I could pet your fluffy fur again. Until next time, friend, keep being the best boy, as always.

😭

It's been a year since this has been posted and it still brings tears to my face. I have a four legged friend who turns 17 this year and I don't know what I would do without her, I don't even want to think about it ....

• Sad 4