ET #NOMORELOWPINGPLAYERS

9Ball

NO MORE LOW PING PLAYERS  

10 members have voted

1. 1. You agree with the rule NO MORE LOW PING PLAYERS? (No admin and F|A memebers vote please)

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Goodmorning everyone
For those who are not aware of what low ping means, refer to this page: Lag - Wikipedia

From which I extracted this text:

In games where timing is key, such as first-person shooter and real-time strategy games, a low ping is always desirable, as a low ping means smoother gameplay by allowing faster updates of game data between the players' clients and game server. High latency can cause lag.

Furthermore, it is possible to deepen the topic among the results of a simple Google search: LINK GOOGLE SEARCH
Where there are also explanatory videos and clarifications on how low ping is very advantageous in online gaming.

I officially ask the friendly administrators to do their best to avoid the unpleasant situation of evident disparity between players.
And I ask the readers of this post and "normal" F | A server users to act in the forum to end this bad thing

• Haha 6
  • Confused 3

This is ridiculous dude ..   If you re not happy with your ping move to New Jersey  USA . 

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

EDIT:  We have server in euro zone , you might want to try them and see if you ll get a better ping there. 

https://fearless-assassins.com/servers/

Edited by Eazy
  • Like 5
  • 100 1

Just to be clear, Forums and servers and discord server are all places to have fun and hangout (following basic rules ofc), it is democratic and everyone has the right to speak about anything, also again Following Basic RULES!. 

This post will stay open, and yes guys will react and vote and reply, but at the end of the day nothing like this is gonna happen.

To your point: I myself have 300ms to US servers and 160+ ping to EU servers, and I don't find your so called 'NOMORELOWPINGPLAYERS' advantage being a real thing, it's just a placebo effect due to you having a normal human brain just like others (except chickens and hippos and others types here,..... EQUALITY among animals!!!!!.)  

2 hours ago, Eazy said:

If you re not happy with your ping move to New Jersey  USA .

If you really want to 'enjoy' then do as Eazy said, or host your own server in your backyard house so you will have the lowest ping. Oh and to enjoy lowest ping, you need to host servers for all the games you like playing, so good luck with that too. I hope you have that much space in your backyard house. All issues gone, best solution you can have, but we cannot help you!

A scenario for you: A guy from your workplace lives right around the corner of the street of your workplace(building), and you live far away. And this feels like you are complaining that he gets to the workplace before you because he lives nearer to the building than you. Instead you could wake up earlier and leave your house 30mins before your usual time and you would reach at the same time as the 'guy who lives beside the workplace' does. But no you blame the workplace for having their building nearer to that guys' home.

Edited by Carbonautics
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

I was going to explain how ping works in aping for dummys type post but tbh i cant be bothered, this thread is so idiotic its hard to even reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Leader
3 hours ago, Eazy said:

This is ridiculous dude ..   If you re not happy with your ping move to New Jersey  USA . 

This^^

But then again i cant believe you are serious. You are probably laughing alone in front of your monitor thinking you are funny with your claim. So yeah you win... You got others attention for a bit.... good job 👍

• Like 2
  • 100 2

I can´t believe that i´m reading this.... To me, is just an excuse by unskilled player. Obviously, we want to make a fair game to everyone, but we can´t interfere where players live, diff countrys, diff places, diff connections. 

Stop crying pls. 

Edited by !MX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 2

I think you think you know this is an advantage but it isnt really. ET has antilag and I am often owned by players with 150 ping to my 45 ping. Also if I set cl_timenudge -50 my ping will show as 5 which is just placebo/game bug.

best to focus on your own lag first as there will be some unless you spent an hour following suggestions on here. TCP Optimizer, com_ignorecrash 1 and many many others.

• Like 1

I think our servers must be opened to everyone, I mean, it is a game and before everything, all must have fun. Can't stop players that are less fortunate or live in different countries with higher pings and worse internet connection from playing a free game. It is just a game, for people to have fun... We can't stop others from playing in the servers unless they break a rule. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Takeshi said:

I think our servers must be opened to everyone, I mean, it is a game and before everything, all must have fun. Can't stop players that are less fortunate or live in different countries with higher pings and worse internet connection from playing a free game. It is just a game, for people to have fun... We can't stop others from playing in the servers unless they break a rule. 

I agree it’s a game,however on a server like jay1 with near close to 60 players a person with 500+ ping can create issues, hence we ask them to go to spec and try to clear the issue causing the high ping. 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

2 minutes ago, TheRoach said:

I agree it’s a game,however on a server like jay1 with near close to 60 players a person with 500+ ping can create issues, hence we ask them to go to spec and try to clear the issue causing the high ping. 

Yes this is the right thing to do, because even if they have this much ping, they wouldnt even be able to move around. There is no point in staying conected if you can't move, the person will exit the game and try to solve this issue, at least that is what I think most people would do, that's what I would do. We don't need to stop these people from playing, !spec999 can be used and if the player has too much of a high ping, put him on spec, don't need to create a rule not allowing these people in the server. The game already has 'few' players, as it is an old game and people don't play as much as other big games. So if we want to keep the game alive, we can't be this strict

• Like 1
  • 100 1

50 minutes ago, TheRoach said:

Yep, that is what the thread op doesn't understand.

Low pings do not cause problems, its the higher ping the system goes off so a ping of 1 will have zero negative effect on anyone on the server...a ping of 500+ will have a negative effect on everyone on the server.

@9Ball

Like anything in IT no matter how good some parts are (my ping of 1ms for instance) your always limited by the bottleneck (your ping of 500+ms), always, end of. 

You are not the only one having issues with a 500+ ping, in reality its everyone on the server who suffers as the system tries to facilitate that high ping.

• Like 1