Website Info Breached from FA Website

-=HipKat=-

Question

• Platinum VIP

Just got an alert from my Lifelock that my info was discovered from the FA site. Suggested I change my password. This was on Lifelock app, not an email so I take it as being real

14 answers to this question

You want to say that a hacker hacked through the website to get your information from FA website and contacted you on LifeLock that he has your information, and wants to do something with it?

• Administrators

I am not aware of any hack and so far I don't see any intrusion logs. I will share the example which I had got few mins back. My email and password was same on IPSfocus and Github. So I updated my password and issue resolved. 

I am pretty sure ipsfocus was not compromised. 

image.png

• Like 6

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, daredevil said:

I am not aware of any hack and so far I don't see any intrusion logs. I will share the example which I had got few mins back. My email and password was same on IPSfocus and Github. So I updated my password and issue resolved. 

I am pretty sure ipsfocus was not compromised. 

image.png

Good deal. My email has been exposed on so many websites I never use anymore,m like MySpace, but this was the first time I got an alert about FA

6 hours ago, Carbonautics said:

You want to say that a hacker hacked through the website to get your information from FA website and contacted you on LifeLock that he has your information, and wants to do something with it?

No.. .. lol that's not it Carbn

• Sad 1

• Leader

@HipKat I have hidden our last two posts here and I see that you have cleared that info from your profile, too.

To everybody else, we seem to have found the reason for Hip's Alarming Report from LifeLock.  

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
48 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

@HipKat I have hidden our last two posts here and I see that you have cleared that info from your profile, too.

To everybody else, we seem to have found the reason for Hip's Alarming Report from LifeLock.  

That was a good catch, @RedBaird

I'm very curious why that was there

• Like 2

• Leader
1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

why that was there

I dunno.  That was valid info for a different Real Person.  Check it out, dude! :D

The format was not quite right, but it worked well enough. 

• Platinum VIP
10 hours ago, RedBaird said:

I dunno.  That was valid info for a different Real Person.  Check it out, dude! :D

The format was not quite right, but it worked well enough. 

Umm, that IS my real name, but not my user name on YT

• Leader
6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Umm, that IS my real name, but not my user name on YT

I suspected as much, given that that Uploader's Game-Enthusiasms did not seem to match yours at all (from what I know of them :) ) :D  

Maybe you should change your password here.  :?:  Do use a Win-PC and a Mac?

• Platinum VIP

Win PC and an iPad. I changed my password last week when I got that notice from LifeLock

• Thanks 1

Best policy email wise is to create a proper email with your real name which is only used for email then create 2x more emails and use them to sign up to every other site online like forums, twitter, facebook etc. You then forward all emails from those 2x emails to your proper account and use each of the 2x other emails as backup email accounts for one another in case you ever need to recover either of them etc. You can still see every email for all accounts as they are all forwarded to your real main email.

Sounds a bit complicated but you should never use your actual email for anything other than email, if your actual email is ever compromised your fooked, even more so if you use that same email for every other site etc online.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

12 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Best policy email wise is to create a proper email with your real name which is only used for email then create 2x more emails and use them to sign up to every other site online like forums, twitter, facebook etc. You then forward all emails from those 2x emails to your proper account and use each of the 2x other emails as backup email accounts for one another in case you ever need to recover either of them etc. You can still see every email for all accounts as they are all forwarded to your real main email.

Sounds a bit complicated but you should never use your actual email for anything other than email, if your actual email is ever compromised your fooked, even more so if you use that same email for every other site etc online.

This is the way.  One personal/business, one for social media or websites you care about (like FA ;) ), and one for pureeeee spam.  Also, change passwords from time to time.  

Glad you got it figured out... though I kinda wanted to buy your info and stalk you :D  

• Haha 3

AFAIK, No leaks have been exposed yet according to Firefox Monitor and haveibeenpwned. However, Lifelock is much more sensitive. I am referring to both public and hidden posts here.
That said, we have no records of a data breach here, and any information going forward I believe would be confidential.

With that said, I am going to lock this topic, but @HipKat I would encourage you to create a private message with me, RedBaird and other trusted =F|A= management to help you drill out what's going on. (if you feel comfortable doing so)
I will also create a separate PM between me and HipKat, as I believe there is a discrepancy.

TO ALL:
Your data is safe here, and protected with encryption, salted passwords, and much more. You can continue to believe in, and trust Fearless Assassins to retain all user information (which we collect in a very limited amount) in a strictly confidential manner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 2