Website Coronavirus Updates

-=HipKat=-

9 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Sadly, I just found out a few hours ago, my 87 yr old mother, who is in a nursing home back in Buffalo with Alzheimer's tested positive today. Her symptoms are mild right now - slight fever and cough but her breathing is normal. And yeah, I'm freaking out about it

Man that sucks. Hopefully she pulls through bud!

• Like 1

Some hopeful news about remdesivir, which the FDA allowed in the US as of today:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-grants-remdesivir-emergency-use-authorization-covid-19-n1197576

Also some promising info on a possible vaccine at Oxford:

https://www.businessinsider.com/monkeys-given-new-oxford-vaccine-coronavirus-free-strong-exposure-encouraging-2020-4?fbclid=IwAR0F8KaBUPtL01w03HvVoAFETPh4smURPCnS_EJ1v8tGPTvvUHEBz3skY0c

Sorry if any of these have already been mentioned, I haven't read the whole thread.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2020 at 5:04 PM, Springfield- said:

b*** please, most people die from  cancer, heart related diseases, mosquito related dieseaes too ofc,  and  most deaths are related to murder,

but aids? lol most people died from aids in the USA in recent years than in Brazil.

New York was the epicentre of aids back in the day and now ironically is the epicentre of Corona. 

ANd we have registred, so far, much less deaths due to corona than the USA.

The situation seems to be getting worse quickly:
https://www.businessinsider.com/brazil-coronavirus-no-nationwide-lockdown-results-are-grim-2020-5

As for New York, it's not surprising that it would become a hot-spot for infectious diseases at some point during an outbreak. The city of New York is densely populated and highly international, both in hosting many tourists, and the airport being a key hub as a layover for international travel to the other parts of the US, Canada, and Mexico. Simply having a layover in New York on your way to any other state could put you in contact with tens of people who would then come into contact with tens of people, and so on. In this circumstance, New York waited longer than they should have and it cost them, though thankfully the situation never reached proportionate levels of the meltdowns experienced in Italy, Spain, or Iran.

• Sad 1

• Platinum VIP

Well, I'm losing my mom to this - headed home to Buffalo immediately and hoping i make it before it's too late

• Sad 7

53 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Well, I'm losing my mom to this - headed home to Buffalo immediately and hoping i make it before it's too late

Shit, I really hope not. My thoughts are with you and hoping your mother is able to pull through. ❤️

• 100 1

58 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

No you serious? What did the doc say?

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

No you serious? What did the doc say?

They’re not able to stabilize her oxygen levels and they say that she’s starting to shut down and it’s not a matter of if now, it’s just a matter of when

• Sad 7

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

They’re not able to stabilize her oxygen levels and they say that she’s starting to shut down and it’s not a matter of if now, it’s just a matter of when

Really sorry to hear that bud. :( Hang in there. If you need a chat to vent, my PM is always open.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I'm very sorry to hear she's not well. Our thoughts are with you HipKat.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

It's one thing to watch this pandemic from the side, and completely another to have a relative be affected by it. I'm deeply sorry to hear such grim news, and I hope you'll be strong during that trying time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

My mom has passed on to a much better place tonight. I'm sure she and her parents are catching up right now, this moment. I'm hap[py for her, to finally be past the suffering and discomfort!

Again, thanks to everyone for the support you've shown over the past few days.

• Sad 10

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

My mom has passed on to a much better place tonight. I'm sure she and her parents are catching up right now, this moment. I'm hap[py for her, to finally be past the suffering and discomfort!

My condolences. Stay strong in there!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Sorry to hear man, my thoughts and prayers are with you, stay strong!

• Thanks 1

• Leader
11 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I'm hap[py for her, to finally be past the suffering and discomfort!

That is the only comfort that each of us will face in the future, or have faced in the past. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

16 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I wish you and your family all the strength and love needed in these hard times. my sincere condolences.

• Like 1
  • 100 1