Website Coronavirus Updates

-=HipKat=-

14 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

CNN : A tiger at the Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus

" Samples from Nadia were taken and tested after the tiger -- and five other tigers and lions at the zoo -- began showing symptoms of respiratory illness, according to the (USDA). No other animals at the zoo are showing symptoms. "

Yep, read yesterday that cats can get it....suppose lions an tigers are part of cat family so makes sense.

UK prime minister been sent to hospital this evening so fingers crossed he gets better.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 6:48 PM, RedBaird said:

CNN : A tiger at the Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus

" Samples from Nadia were taken and tested after the tiger -- and five other tigers and lions at the zoo -- began showing symptoms of respiratory illness, according to the (USDA). No other animals at the zoo are showing symptoms. "

A great story to illustrate the fact that this virus is too communicable to be stopped.  It can be slowed, it can be delayed, hospitals might and might not get overloaded, but...  It's all one big shit sandwich and all of mankind has to take a bite.  I'm not being flippant about it, nor any infectious disease.  I'm being realistic and pragmatic.  Focus on your general health, and keep an eye on high risk people.

Watch the mortality rate drop and drop as more tests of people with zero symptoms come back positive.  

Both in contagiosity and in their reproduction rates SARS-CoV-1 and 2 are very similar. That the spread of the former could be ultimately contained, while the latter did not, is most probably due to an insufficient governmental and medical response in 2019 and 2020 compared to 2003, not a difference in the properties of the respective virus. I'm positive that had the response been as swift and transparent with COVID-19 as it had been with SARS, it could have been contained.

Right now the primary focus must lie on making the best out of the hand that one was dealt. But once this crisis is over, there must be a discussion about China's lack of transparency, the inadequate preparation of Western governments (especially with regards to the procurement of protective gear and ventilators, and the lack of enforcement of quarantine on people returning from affected areas) and whether the WHO in its current form must be reformed.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

On 3/12/2020 at 7:24 AM, Daddy said:

BRAZIL: we are wait the death! so, if we dont died of covid-19, we will die for dengue, febre yellow, sarampo, aids, zika virus, and in Rio de Janeiro, you be killed by AK47 too....hahahaha, that God bless us!

b*** please, most people die from  cancer, heart related diseases, mosquito related dieseaes too ofc,  and  most deaths are related to murder,

but aids? lol most people died from aids in the USA in recent years than in Brazil.

New York was the epicentre of aids back in the day and now ironically is the epicentre of Corona. 

ANd we have registred, so far, much less deaths due to corona than the USA.

Edited by Springfield-
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can the coronavirus be spread through farts?

By Eric Hegedus

April 20, 2020 | 3:49pm | Updated

covid_19_made_in_china.gif.22574c5a779bdbfa209369c861634a0d.gif
Can the coronavirus be spread through farts?

“Studies have clearly shown that a significant percentage of COVID-19 patients do have GI [gastrointestinal] symptoms (alone, or in combination with respiratory or other general symptoms) at the time of illness presentation,” Glatt told The Post via email.

“However, there are no published data on whether flatulence alone presents any risk of transmission, although in a clothed person, it would be unlikely to be a significant route of transmission,” he said.

Where does that leave us? Tagg, co-founder of the medical education site Don’t Forget the Bubbles, suggests not throwing caution to the, um, wind. He instead proposes keeping your pants on and considering them part of your personal protective equipment, just in case.

“Perhaps SARS-CoV-2 can be spread [through] the power of parping — we need more evidence,” he tweeted, adding, “So remember to wear appropriate PPE at all times and stay safe!”

•  

image.gif

Edited by smAshomAsh

• Leader
1 hour ago, smAshomAsh said:

the power of parping

I thought that the author had misspelled something, but... "Noun. parping (plural parpings) A sound that parps, as of a horn or trumpet." 

This and the above post might be more suitable in the "covid humorous memes" topic, but Life can be embarrassing at times anyway.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

On 4/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, RedBaird said:

I thought that the author had misspelled something, but... "Noun. parping (plural parpings) A sound that parps, as of a horn or trumpet." 

This and the above post might be more suitable in the "covid humorous memes" topic, but Life can be embarrassing at times anyway.

IKR!  

In related news:  I'm seriously considering quitting my job, and filing lawsuits against my employer, PA Governor Tom Wolf and former NCAA linebacker- PA 'physician general' Rachel Levine.  I'm sick of this ineffective nonsense, the entire state is a hostile environment as far as I'm concerned (many PA citizens agree 100%), and not only am I cutting off my payroll taxes- I'm leaving society.  No taxation without representation, and these 'officials' swear oaths to uphold the US Constitution in ADDITION to their local statutes.  It's unacceptable and I've already got the Korbel Brut to celebrate my exit from this 'society' of total #covidiots.

Think 'covidiots' will be the word of the year?  

59 minutes ago, smAshomAsh said:

IKR!  

In related news:  I'm seriously considering quitting my job, and filing lawsuits against my employer, PA Governor Tom Wolf and former NCAA linebacker- PA 'physician general' Rachel Levine.  I'm sick of this ineffective nonsense, the entire state is a hostile environment as far as I'm concerned (many PA citizens agree 100%), and not only am I cutting off my payroll taxes- I'm leaving society.  No taxation without representation, and these 'officials' swear oaths to uphold the US Constitution in ADDITION to their local statutes.  It's unacceptable and I've already got the Korbel Brut to celebrate my exit from this 'society' of total #covidiots.

Think 'covidiots' will be the word of the year?  

You could always just sit in the sun and inject yourself with disinfectant. I heard somewhere that stupidity will cure the virus. Even the states that are opening up businesses know that money is far more important than saving lives.

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

4 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

This. It is really sad.

Sad but true, that those with power value money more than their fellow man.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

47 minutes ago, L3ftY. said:

You could always just sit in the sun and inject yourself with disinfectant. I heard somewhere that stupidity will cure the virus. Even the states that are opening up businesses know that money is far more important than saving lives.

Sunlight really does destroy the virus, I don't really get what your point is.  nobody told anybody to 'inject disinfectant'.  Idea!  Endeavor to make sense.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smAshomAsh said:

Sunlight really does destroy the virus, I don't really get what your point is.  nobody told anybody to 'inject disinfectant'.  Idea!  Endeavor to make sense.  

I believe the leader of the largest and most powerful nation in the free world mentioned 'injecting disinfectants' internally in a White House briefing Thursday. Maybe check your local news for POTUS updates. 

As for UV rays, yes they can kill the virus on surfaces, NOT inside the human body, as that same individual had suggested.

The makers of Lysol had to immediately put out a statement advising consumers not to ingest or inject disinfectants internally because of that statement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 100 3