Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account


Dest!Ny's Photo


Member Since 21 Jan 2011
OFFLINE Last Active Today, 02:29 AM

In Topic: ETPro Gamenights 2017

20 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

Instructions unclear,i got discord but i see no etpro gamenights.
Is discord a mod?i prefer etpro,thanks.

step2: join FA discord or add me on discord. ANYTHING GOESSSSS

In Topic: ETPro Gamenights 2017

20 March 2018 - 02:44 AM

get discord :)

In Topic: Hardcore map suggestions

18 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

I am Ok with 'certain players' who 'never' vote and then whine for the map which gets loaded that they don't like. Those players tend to whine for 80% of maps except adlern and/or special delivery. Reminds me of my roommate back in the days who would whine for dirty carpet in his room but never once would do any cleaning. You are making it complicated while in reality it's not that complicated.
Those 'certain players' would whine for everything which is not according to them. Good riddance for us which ruins certain atmosphere. I believed that since beginning and over the years, it has served well. If we have to educate player with more then 1-2 year ET playing time on hardcore how to vote, they better play on jaymod.

OT but I sure wish 70% of HC would stick to jaymod so it could actually be 'hardcore'

In Topic: Hardcore map suggestions

18 March 2018 - 12:53 PM

Ok so like I always say in-game if ppl don't vote then they cant complaint.

It's the same in politics, people don't vote then complain when the opposition wins lol

well if people want to leave because a map they dont like comes up then the problem lies with you and not with them I guess, because you want people to stay on your servers while the people themselves can just switch whenever they want

In Topic: Hardcore map suggestions

18 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

That's the reason we have map voting. If it's that hated map it shouldn't get voted. But then I see another side also - Ex - map like Italy is being liked by 51% then we are pissing of another 49% players. So in that case - we can remove that map for time being and give players time to re-think.

you are not taking into account that many dont vote at the end of map, and also that you need way less than 50% of the given votes because there are more than 2 options you can choose from. Generally speaking a map gets selected with about 5 votes (15 points) going to it on HC on a regular day, when the server gets full the number might get higher but often its the case that only one map gets voted a lot (24 points for example) while in place 2 you have 2 or 3 maps with maybe 6 points. If a solidified 30% of people will always vote italy when it comes up but out of the remaining 70% a certain fraction leaves, goes spec, or just generally doesnt have a fun time. Then is it really worth it to give this 30% what they want? In my opinion you are oversimplifying a system that isnt as simple in practice as it is in theory, and you should account for that.