Other Servers & Teamspeak Down

KILLERGUN

Thanks for the information and all the hard work. I can't spare any cash at the moment unfortunately :(. Though, perhaps I can help by offering the following:

Out of curiosity, does F|A have any type of monitoring infrastructure, such as Nagios? If so, why wasn't there an early warning? If not, will there be to allow for future early interventions?

In addition - is it not possible to temporarily reassign the IP addresses to different servers? For instance reassigning Silent #1's IP to another server and setting up a temporary ET server that doesn't actually allow people to play but merely states that the server is currently down for maintenance and offers to redirect them to HC (server is full message is customizable). It might be a bit inconvenient but it might prevent those servers from losing a ton of players.

What about a about adding slots to the existing servers if possible until everything is fixed. That would help keep our players.

Gengis

• Like 1

What about a about adding slots to the existing servers if possible until everything is fixed. That would help keep our players.

Gengis

to much work for only a few days imo

Nothing if they rent the server from a company

That actually depends on the company - but in my experience it's been the same (I rent 2 dedi's) it's usually free to replace disks - and they generally rebuild the array too (whenever there's raid involved).

It seems they're with Constant (I think this might be part of Choopa) - so perhaps they're actually colocating? 

That actually depends on the company - but in my experience it's been the same (I rent 2 dedi's) it's usually free to replace disks - and they generally rebuild the array too (whenever there's raid involved).

It seems they're with Constant (I think this might be part of Choopa) - so perhaps they're actually colocating? 

Yeah most companies you rent from would never be caught asking customers for repair costs, would be ridiculous lol but yeah that's the danger of colocation

Yeah most companies you rent from would never be caught asking customers for repair costs, would be ridiculous lol but yeah that's the danger of colocation

In the other hand one could host many gameservers on 1 machine for fixed cost, which seems to be the case atm...

In the other hand one could host many gameservers on 1 machine for fixed cost, which seems to be the case atm...

In fairness - this isn't a bad thing (the single-point of failure on the other hand is). I was surprised that F|A doesn't have a hot-swap replacement standing by or a simple ET-shim that acts as a server is full redirect ("Server is under maintenance, connect to hc.clan-fa.com?") and that no monitoring system (if any) actually reported an I/O problem; I'd love to know more about the issue and the circumstances involved. Though - to be fair, there was a *lot* of warning involved regarding the server, there were issues with Lag on Silent 1 and on Jay 2; we were all just looking in all the wrong places (I do swear that route was mucking things up too!).

Mind you, I'm complimenting F|A - I wouldn't even have expected any of that from other clans because most aren't nearly as well organised and thought out as F|A.

So perhaps - in the end this is a learning point, always have disaster prevention (monitoring and the likes; hint: Nagios - it's a b*tch to setup but it's enterprise proven) & control plans (temp server redirects, etc) standing by when things go wrong.

Either way, kudo's for handling this matter - and do keep us all in the loop if possible.

• Like 2

Will also add here, if you are in the US and looking to donate with cash (no PayPal or CC) PM me and we can sort it out.

• Like 1

welp time for new machine Gee.Gee. hope  things get fixed ASAP and thanks for all the efforts and time that is put into it.

good to see our members and regulars are helping us and being patient thanks alot for that once they are back lets work more harder to bring back those servers active... i cant donate cause i dnt have anyaccounts but soon in like mnth or 2 i shall be getting and shall sure donate...

Mates, that's are not good news... But i can offer you something.

FA Leader could get 2 Server from ours if you want. Only change server

hostname and put your settings and here we go.

This Servers are setted to Jaymod and NoQuarter. The Hoster could fix

it temporary for you, i am pretty sure. Also we have only 32 Slots on

both Servers but this changeable. Also TeamSpeak you could have from

us. It's limited to 5 Slots but i could change it to 20+ Slots if you want. It

would take only 1 min to do this.

Of course, all without a quid pro quo!!!

That's the offer that we could make you. We should help them all together!

So, if you want to do it, let me know it and we could fix it asap!

Regards,

SadNesS

• Like 1

Transferred a bit of money to my paypal account, small donation coming soon :)

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing to solve this mess. I hope I can do my part soon... For now, a little donation is all I can help with.