ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, ElEl said:

Yeah I really wish Jay2 was a lot more popular but I'm not sure what we could do to get more people quickly. As DD said, from now on there won't be any new 'big' maps cause the server just doesn't get enough people to support huge, open areas. I think stuff like Flameguards is fine since it's fairly linear but anything big and open like Chariot isn't realistic to have on the server. It's a shame cause I really liked that map but it'll be gone in October.

Speaking of October, I've got plans to have seasonal rotations which hopefully could attract more players. I've already got a ton of ideas for Halloween maps and winter maps but as always, I'm open to suggestions. If people recommend maps on here or the server, I stick them on the test server to check for bugs and waypoints, then see how they do on Jay2. There's some really good maps I've been saving for the Halloween rotation that I'm looking forward to playing on the server :).

I'll tell you exactly how to make it more popular. Less slots on Jay 1 and the redirect set back to Jay 2. I have no clue why it's set to Jay 3, since rapid fire is a special interest mod.

• Like 1
  • 100 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, MikeSlayer said:

Thanks for putting decay on i had a game on it today and it plays well even the bots knew what to do

Worth it for jay1? for 32 players? I am trying to build smaller and bigger map rotation. 

Went over the Jay2 rotation with @Unknown last night and updated it just now. I changed out a couple maps last week but I forgot to make a post cause I had a lot of stuff happening and I was pretty ill 😛. So last week I added Decay b5 with MikeSlayer's suggestion and Necrology Final cause I think it did pretty well last time it was on Jay2.

Anyway here's the new rotation:

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
battery, 0, 40,
bremen_final, 0, 42,
adlernest, 0, 36,
sw_goldrush_te, 0, 40,
praetoria_m2, 0, 64,
italyfp2, 0, 52,
v2base_te, 0, 40,
et_beach, 0, 52,
frostbite, 0, 36,
ga_el_kef, 0, 40,
warbell, 0, 52,
castellum_final, 0, 40,
school, 0, 36,
raid_final, 0, 32,
lighthouse2, 0, 40,
baserace, 0, 40,
decay_b5, 0, 52,
axislab_final, 0, 30,
caen2, 0, 40,
necrology_final, 0, 52,
rochelle_b2, 0, 44,
theriver2redux, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
braundorf_final, 0, 36,
low_airstrip2, 0, 40,

OUT:

Stargate 1945 - It's far too difficult for Allies with the current settings, it may return at some point once I figure out good spawn times to balance it properly.

1944 Beach - Bit too easy for Allies to win, maybe the timelimit needs reducing.

Townsquare Final - It's at -4 right now.

Industry 2 - At -1.

SOS Secret Weapon - Pretty divisive map, 18 up but 15 down. Best to get rid of it.

IN:

Battery

Lighthouse 2

The River 2 Redux

Castellum Final

V2 Base TE

From now on I'll only be adding/swapping at most 2 maps a week since we have a nice steady rotation now. More Halloween themed maps will follow and then they'll be gradually removed after Halloween passes. As always, I'm thankful for suggestions so feel free to leave some here :).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

7 hours ago, daredevil said:

Worth it for jay1? for 32 players? I am trying to build smaller and bigger map rotation. 

yes absolutely i think it would play well on jay1 once people learn the objectives properly

it is quite a big map and the action is usually spread out

the 1st phase will be the spammiest im sensing chaotic flag grab action

32 players is prob the max it can cope with but it does seem to play well with any number of players

its hard to find a map to drop to replace it but perhaps it could swap with 1 of these current maps next up date 

tankbuster, 12, 40,
haunted_mansion, 0, 45,
egypt_v2, 28, 40,
6flags, 28, 34,
am_hydro_dam, 28, 64,
resurrection, 40, 54

bucket_v2, 0, 32

4 hours ago, D..X said:

low_airstrip is so bad :( other then that looks good.

Need more people to vote during warmup.

Airstrip is currently at +4 with 8 votes which means 6 people voted up and 2 voted down. Can't remove it based on just that.

55 minutes ago, ElEl said:

Airstrip is currently at +4 with 8 votes which means 6 people voted up and 2 voted down. Can't remove it based on just that.

im aware of that well i can't make people vote but only give feedback on what i see 2 days in a row first day was like 12 people playing map comes on 8 people went to spec or left i mentioned in chat to vote but rather they sat there and bitched about it instead i would not change it out either based on the numbers just more letting you know what goes on 2nd day was pretty much the same just slightly different # of people 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ElEl said:

Check the stats.. map ending ones - those are true numbers. If you don't have access to it, pls let me know.  I am planning to create chart out of it. For now i just excel. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, D..X said:

im aware of that well i can't make people vote but only give feedback on what i see 2 days in a row first day was like 12 people playing map comes on 8 people went to spec or left i mentioned in chat to vote but rather they sat there and bitched about it instead i would not change it out either based on the numbers just more letting you know what goes on 2nd day was pretty much the same just slightly different # of people 

Alright, maybe screenshots would help if there's people complaining about the map? I don't think I've seen people leave because of this map and you're on at different times of the day to me now. I'll keep a closer eye on it in the future.

To get other people's opinions I tell people during warmup to vote and then I vote myself, even if I've already voted and it doesn't count mine again, it still gets people to do the same most of the time.

16 hours ago, daredevil said:

Check the stats.. map ending ones - those are true numbers. If you don't have access to it, pls let me know.  I am planning to create chart out of it. For now i just excel. 

I just checked mapstats.txt again and this is what I see:

low_airstrip2	6	10

As far as I can tell the first number is the current score. The second is how many people voted. If the current score goes up and down by 1 for each up and down vote then to work out the number of down votes it's just (total - score)/2. Using this, 8 people have voted up and 2 voted down at this point. So 2 more people voted up since yesterday.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

In the gameday I noticed that the map "Hells Gate" was very well accepted by all ... My question is: Would there be possibilities to add it to Jay2? I think that giving our players something new would be very good at the time, LOL deserves it, but if you can't, there's no problem.

• Like 2