ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Dude there’s 47,000 maps.

You need to stop exaggerating everything. Thanks

• Like 1

Fuel dump is a great map to play. Offers styles for multiple kinds of players. Turtles, mortars/snipers, flankers/lurkers (like myself), turret players, arty whores. Not a lot of maps in the pool give as many options for all those play styles.

• Platinum VIP
7 minutes ago, CabaL said:

Fuel dump is a great map to play. Offers styles for multiple kinds of players. Turtles, mortars/snipers, flankers/lurkers (like myself), turret players, arty whores. Not a lot of maps in the pool give as many options for all those play styles.

Dude, you’ve been here a month. I’ve been here eight years and that map has never been off the rotation. Ever. Every other single map that we play on that server has been rotated except this one.

• Platinum VIP
47 minutes ago, daredevil said:

You need to stop exaggerating everything. Thanks

Don’t you tell jokes?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Dude, you’ve been here a month. I’ve been here eight years and that map has never been off the rotation. Ever. Every other single map that we play on that server has been rotated except this one.

As per my logs which i started maintaining since last few months - fueldump was off in April. So again you are exaggerating to force your opinion. 

##April removed
#fueldump, 0, 64,

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Don’t you tell jokes?

Yes but that's not what you are doing here. To me you are just clearly saying that fueldump was 'never' removed.  Which is not the case and was never the case. 

Years back, we used to have 10 map rotation. Since last few years, we have rotation based on player count and I push 30 to 35 maps in rotation now. Only the first map requires some more changes because I can't remove that without changing at few different locations. So first map which is called during server init hardly changes and it used to be Oasis and now it's supplydepot since later one is mostly liked. 

I understand you dislike fueldump but it will not be removed in foreseeable feature because it's good map for sniper, engineers, rifles, heavy weapons, etc. and it's open map providing 2 way at least for both teams to go out. So choke points are less. While we are working on non snow version with some more improvements which would be added soon once @DoubleDragon finishes his work on it. If you have suggestions for improvement feel free to share in new topic. 

• 100 1

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

A month? I've played at F|A off and on for several years since LZ died. I started playing here more consistently since around January-feburary cause other games have disappointed me and FA is one of the best communities on ET. I've played Fuel Dump for over 12 years, never once got tired of it. You also did not address my point as to why fuel dump is a good map compared to many of the maps in rotation. What other maps offer both teams as many options and playstyles as fueldump? Why take out a map that consistently brings people into the server? Every time I see it played, the server population increases. People leave/go spec when maps like Kerkyra, Hotchkiss, Capuzzo come on.

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, daredevil said:

If you have suggestions for improvement feel free to share in new topic. 

A month?? wow. Is that the shortest time any map has ever been off? How long was Resurrection off?

Actually, I have been thinking of a few suggestions lately and am planning on post them after I've spent more time considering each one

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
32 minutes ago, CabaL said:

A month? I've played at F|A off and on for several years since LZ died. I started playing here more consistently since around January-feburary cause other games have disappointed me and FA is one of the best communities on ET. I've played Fuel Dump for over 12 years, never once got tired of it. You also did not address my point as to why fuel dump is a good map compared to many of the maps in rotation. What other maps offer both teams as many options and playstyles as fueldump? Why take out a map that consistently brings people into the server? Every time I see it played, the server population increases. People leave/go spec when maps like Kerkyra, Hotchkiss, Capuzzo come on.

8 years solid, bro. No breaks. Every day I can play, I've played here.

Look, I'm not saying it's a bad map. I'm saying it's burned out, also it's been in a position after a good map that it's a letdown. I'm just tired of playing it, Cabal. Is that OK? AM I allowed to be? Do I have your permission?

I'd recommend replacing the current fuel dump with this version

It changes the attacking team to Axis and adds some other quality of life things like a door leading to the fuel dump and the removal of a garage wall in the Allied spawn near the fuel dump. It would be a good compromise and it's something fresh while keeping an old map for people 😛.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

Do you guys mind flexing in PM please and keep this topic clean of content that isnt related to maps or suggesting maps. It doesnt matter how  long you've played with us, all regulars/visitors that use our servers can offer suggestions.

@HipKat You've posted your opinion on a map and have been told it is not going to happen any time soon. Not all suggestions are followed through. Let's leave it at that. You can revisit and ask a few months down the line. I'd like to ask you not to reply to this message here but in PM if you really need to as to avoid clutter.

Thanks.

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
15 minutes ago, ElEl said:

I'd recommend replacing the current fuel dump with this version

It changes the attacking team to Axis and adds some other quality of life things like a door leading to the fuel dump and the removal of a garage wall in the Allied spawn near the fuel dump. It would be a good compromise and it's something fresh while keeping an old map for people 😛.

Yeah, change it up. That would be cool. This server has alternate versions of other maps and they work

14 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Do you guys mind flexing in PM please and keep this topic clean of content that isnt related to maps or suggesting maps. It doesnt matter how  long you've played with us, all regulars/visitors that use our servers can offer suggestions.

This IS about a map, buddy. 

So after witnessing my first game of 6Flags on the server result in an absolute speedrun by axis, is it possible to add some sort of anti rush? Make 1 flag of each side uncappable for ~10-15 minutes?

Enough of the confrontational crap. if there is a direct reply to anybody's response, please send it through PM. If it affects whole server, then post here.

Allowed: Replace fueldump with xyz
Not allowed: Replace baserace with Minas because asdf and qrp, PS your opinion sucks.

Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 2

Hey guys , there's something i would like to say.

Is transmitter there in cycle ?

It didn't load when there were 29 ppls in server.

I would like to apologise that i kicked 2 ppls so that we can make it to 29 from 37 , really sorry for that , they were afk since hours , so i dont think it was any issue . I hope it would be added if its not , its been 3 days it has been added , but no one has played it yet perhaps.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Kai said:

Hey guys , there's something i would like to say.

Is transmitter there in cycle ?

It didn't load when there were 29 ppls in server.

I would like to apologise that i kicked 2 ppls so that we can make it to 29 from 37 , really sorry for that , they were afk since hours , so i dont think it was any issue . I hope it would be added if its not , its been 3 days it has been added , but no one has played it yet perhaps.

You don’t need to kick people.. should have just asked here and i can double check to make sure.  Don’t be dumb ass. Do something like this again and i will remove your levels next time. I will check tonight. 

• 100 2

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION