Enemy Territory does not run on Windows 10 / 64 bit

Moulaya

hi,

I have 2 computers, the 1st computer with Windows 10 with 64 bit and the 2nd computer with Windows 7 with 32 bit. Only the Game Enemy Territory is installed on the 2nd computer. My problem is that every day I have to disconnect the computer cables from the 1st computer and connect them to the 2nd computer if I want to play.

Now I have installed the game on Windows 10 with 64 bit. The program Enemy Territory is in the * programs (x86) * folder.  When I open the game, the file: ui_mp_x86.dll is missing, but it is in the etmain folder. I also tried to start the program directly from the x86 folder, but it always shows the error because of the missing file, but that is present.

I just can't get any further, maybe you have an idea.

Greetings Moulaya
(fun2.clan-fa.com)

Hello CheepHeep & rambozo37,

Thx 😉

yes, I have to run the game as administrator, then almost everything works.

Almost everything... the screen is much smaller than if my other computer with the same monitor. With Windows 7 is the game on the total size of the monitor display.

look here: monitor.gif

1 hour ago, Moulaya said:

Despite the change to 1920*1080, the resolution always changes back to 800 * 600.

Try

/seta r_customwidth 1920
/seta r_customheight 1080

/seta r_mode -1

/vid_restart

This should let you avoid having to mess with a config. Let me know how it goes :) 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, Moulaya said:

Thank you for your efforts and comments, but it didn't work on Windows 10.

So I'm using the 2nd computer to gamble again.

thx and bye,

or we'll see you on a f|a server

I do use ET Legacy on my new W10 64 bits PC. The 2.76 version works fine for me on any FA server.

Gengis

10 hours ago, Moulaya said:

Hello CheepHeep & rambozo37,

Thx 😉

yes, I have to run the game as administrator, then almost everything works.

Almost everything... the screen is much smaller than if my other computer with the same monitor. With Windows 7 is the game on the total size of the monitor display.

look here: monitor.gif

Mine is the exact same. My Win7 was full screen and now Win10 is as yours is.

I also run Win10/ 64 bit. Other than my shitty Wi-Fi everything works fine.

• Like 1

• Leader
2 hours ago, Moulaya said:

Thank you for your efforts and comments, but it didn't work on Windows 10.

So I'm using the 2nd computer to gamble again.

thx and bye,

or we'll see you on a f|a server

Don't give up yet!  Our members and readers will continue to try to help you! 

I had no problems when upgrading to win10 from win7, BUT I already had my ET installation in a D:/ partition, instead of the C:/program files.  That had avoided any run-as-admin problems.  Of course, I don't run with a resolution that high. 

I have forgotten where in Win10 that you can check for the resolutions available on your monitor or vid-card.  Perhaps your system does not allow that resolution for some funky reason.  That idea does seem a bit unreasonable in this day and age.

ACK! L3fty :ninja:'d me!  That reminds me that when I was building this computer some 9 years ago, I had it hooked up to my 'big-screen' TV via HDMI and it did fill the screen on Left4Dead.  I don't remember how it did with ET. :hmmI do use HDMI with this 23" monitor now, but I don't use the full resolution that it is capable of.

AND, I do use win10 pro 64-bit, but the 'pro' should not make a difference in this case..

Edited by RedBaird
L3fty Ninja ++

• Leader
9 hours ago, Moulaya said:

Despite the change to 1920*1080, the resolution always changes back to 800 * 600.

When does it revert to 800 x 600?  When you quit ET and later start another session?

EIEI's "/seta" command 'should' fix that.  Doing a "/set", as in MikeSlayer's post might or might not save it to your etconfig.cfg in that mod...

ADDED:  I have had some "funky-diddle" stuff happen after some Win10 updates, such as resolutions reverting back to earlier ones when a map changed and sometimes the screen would darken in the middle of a map.  I still have not quite recovered from that last "dark screen" episode as I now have different settings in different mods. :D 

Actually, my "such as resolutions reverting back to earlier ones when a map changed " kind of sounds like your problem.  I think that ET does a /vid_restart when each new map starts...hmmmm....

Edited by RedBaird

52 minutes ago, L3ftY. said:

I also run Win10/ 64 bit. Other than my shitty Wi-Fi everything works fine.

Get rid of your Wi-Fi and buy a good old cable.

Gengis

• Like 1
  • 100 1

This is my reso in ET and on my monitor, and work fine ( win 10 )

seta r_customwidth 2560

seta r_customheight 1440

Edited by Leatherface
  • Surprise 1

hi,

thank you all for considering how I can play the game on Win 10. It works as an administrator, only the screen is now too small.

Member L3ftY has the same problem, he also writes: Mine is the exact same. My Win7 was full screen and now Win10 is as yours is. 👍

When I'm not playing, I'm trading stocks, precious metals and for that I need a 100% secure operating system like Windows 10.

Since Windows 7 is no longer safe to process my finances due to cyber attacks, I had bought a PC with Win 10. But not only the Enemy Territory, but also many other programs no longer run on Win 10.

That's why I exchanged my new PC today and bought a laptop with Win 10 just for my banking work only.
The old computer with Win7 is still used, also for Enemy Territory.

I will not try to reinstall the game on Windwos 10 in the next 10 years because I don't want to be annoyed. 😢

see u, on server

• Like 1