Favorite "Programming" Language and Why?

St0rmSlaSh

/changed title to add "Programming"

The confusion came when we use "new content" and the topic titled "Favorite Language and Why" came up.  Most of us did not notice that it was in the "Coder's Corner" forum.   :D

@StormSlash, I can change the title to whatever you wish, including the original title.  

Thanks lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use PHP a lot and it's actually one of the reasons I have the job that I have. I know a few other languages but PHP is definitely my favorite, mostly probably just cause I know what I'm doing with it.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
C #

Microsoft has put together the best language concepts for C #, making it a language that is easy to learn, flexible and extremely powerful.

From small tools to monster projects.

For desktop program, there is no better language in my view to get to the goal effectively. 

Only the bad platform support, closed-source policy of the .NET Framework and the strong bond to MS cloud the mood.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately my fav languages are not programming languages ... they're script languages: 1st.: javascript, then php :)

• Like 2

Javascript(Node,Vue,...) & PHP. Why? Because with those two you can do almost anything, even not web-related projects. The only drawback with PHP is that its blocking script and its not ideal for some projects but stil works :)

• Like 2
  • 100 1

I prefer Java for its flexibility and for its multi-platforms features, besides, Java is mostly used in nowdays developping for applications and software !

• Like 3

• Leader
On 3/19/2017 at 1:46 PM, Symfony said:

I use PHP a lot and it's actually one of the reasons I have the job that I have. I know a few other languages but PHP is definitely my favorite, mostly probably just cause I know what I'm doing with it.

On 3/19/2017 at 2:23 PM, JoNny said:

.. says symfony. lol :D

couldn't have chosen a better name (y)

/JoNny

I just had another ?? at JoNny's 'joke', even though I read these and googled the answer 1.5 years ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Scala by far my favorite

Java would be the language I'm most experienced in, although these days the vast majority of my work is in Scala (and a bit of Kotlin when trying new things out)

But in general, just as long it's not PHP or Javascript I'm good to go :P

• 3 months later...

Python is my favorite atm, it is kinda easy to read and interpret, the only downside is the syntax.

I have more experience with C, cause is the language that my teacher asks for most programs.

But since I managed to understand Python, it has been way easier for me to work on this one.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I learnt some PHP 2 years ago, and recently I start to learn ruby. I have the say I forgot almost everything I knew about php.

I find ruby so easy after learning php ...

I'm currently learning JS, not easy but really fun to learn that langage and to see all we can do with it.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

@Chef<3 has already programmed tons of "Hello World" applications with a lot of different programming and scripting languages, he's progressing really fast!

• Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

Wait, you can do more than "Hello World" applications ? 

Maybe I should study a little bit more and play less ET ...

Nah nevermind, my "Hello World" applications are cool !

• Haha 2
  • Surprise 1