Favorite "Programming" Language and Why?

St0rmSlaSh

Hello, everyone! This is just a pretty straight forward question, and that is what is your favorite language to program in and why? To this day, I still cannot figure out what I would like to do in the software development world, so I think your answers might help me get some direction :)

• Like 1

My favorite hmm tough one I'd go with C++ cause it's much easier for me to make programs and see them using Visual Studio plus can use any kind of script I want now. I started out with js then they changed IE it kinda side tracked me to C++ on windows 98. If your starting out I'd would suggest using a application with Visual attributes to see how things on pc's function. If you jump on python or related coding you will be lost not all systems have the same functions being windows is the most popular I'd say stick to windows until your able to write unix or linux.

• Like 2

i really have to say Japaneses or chines  they have so many words that have so many other meaning but there words can be so deep sometimes it just moves me  like no  other 

Unrelated/off topic but it has to be German. Damn those sexy words that you learn from ET. Everytime someone says nein you get a hardy ! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 1

Hello, everyone! This is just a pretty straight forward question, and that is what is your favorite language to program in and why? To this day, I still cannot figure out what I would like to do in the software development world, so I think your answers might help me get some direction :)

After trying a few C# got my top spot for a language.

Usually not hard to find a job with it too.

Depend of the type of job you want. C#/ Java more corporate.

Javascript is kinda  universal ATM.

If you want to get in cheap web startup usually they are gonna use the Lamp stack. (I can't do Lamp since the P stand for PHP which i dispise even more than JS :), I hate JS but once you start doing lots of stuff in it you learn what part to forget what libraries makes it great. etc. )

Web defitly has a lot of demand right now. Lamp stack. MS stack,  Node stack. Whatever your pick. Don't thinks it's gonna disapear anytime soon. But those tech are hellish at best :). Mostly browser problem.

Just got a customer today complaint the site was sometime not working well on an IPAd first gen, ...

I personnaly hate Objective-c. Haven't give a serious try to Swift but I heard a lot of great things about it. 

• Like 1

• Leader

/changed title to add "Programming"

The confusion came when we use "new content" and the topic titled "Favorite Language and Why" came up.  Most of us did not notice that it was in the "Coder's Corner" forum.  :D

@StormSlash, I can change the title to whatever you wish, including the original title.  

• Like 2