ET Server Suggestion NQ #1 Map Suggestions

daredevil

9 hours ago, Esports Fox said:

Can we please fix the voting system so if alot of people vote for that map and it has for example 12-15 votes it will choose that map and not a totally different map, its very suprising and annoying at the same time if that happens and the voting system makes alot of those mistakes.

angry tom and jerry GIF by Boomerang Official

well tbh, 

if its 12 vs 15 for example,

i often vote the map i prefer in the very last second, on the hope others cant rethink and switch their vote if they see maps are beeing lost in voting.

so what you see might be 12-15, but if my vote in the last second is for the 12+3 =15, then the last voted map will show up.

Some players vote like that, accidently or on purpose like me. I do it mostly if i absolutely dont like the map that is favorite in the last seconds, so i ll vote up the other one.

nothing wrong with the system though. 

I am just voting "late". 

• Like 3
  • 100 1

After discussing with members and regulars alike, I am passing on a few suggestions for the map rotation.

Remove Glider (my baby 😭) - add Stargate https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/113-stargate-center-1945-final-sg_1945_final_fix_repackedpk3-and-waypoints/

Remove Bremen - add FA Bremen https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/1765-fa-bremen-final-fa_bremen_finalpk3-and-waypoints/

Remove Supply Depot - add ETL Supply Depot

Remove Frostbite - add ETL Frostbite

Remove Adlernest - add ETL Adlernest

Remove Minas Tirith - add Tankbuster https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/540-tankbuster-200-tankbuster_200pk3-and-waypoints/

Remove Bergen - add UJE 00 http://activegamer.net/et/map/627-UJE_00_(Final_2).html

And also, add @BlackWolf fix to omnibots on Siwa Oasis, so that both teams bots can play objective instead of getting stuck on old city wall.

All the replacements of maps by FA/ETL versions are to breathe some life into old-time classics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

5 hours ago, Xiahou Dun said:

And also, add @BlackWolf fix to omnibots on Siwa Oasis, so that both teams bots can play objective instead of getting stuck on old city wall.

I have the fix from classic maps server, but I need to know if the same mapscript is on NQ1. I'll need a screenshot of the message displayed when the old city wall is destroyed to see if the same fix will also work on NQ1.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 11:59 PM, Vice86 said:

I am just voting "late". 

I sometimes do the same so we dont play minas or glider_assault for example
But I meant that it will still happen that it will vote a different map which everyone didnt choose

On 2/5/2021 at 3:10 PM, Kat0n said:

Can you provide a demo or ss next time it happens pls? I never encountered such issue so it would help

Ill pay attention to when it happens Ill make a screenshot within my phone like I do for timestamps when im on my twitch chat channel and make a highlight then download it and I could send it to you by pm here.

Edited by Esports Fox

addon uje the beast xd

https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/802-uje-the-beast-beta-5-uje_the_beast_b5pk3-and-waypoints/

juste because obj is diferent and map is realy funny too play with big team Thank U GIF by Idil Keysan

There are two versions of Oasis available atm, which can lead to Oasis being played twice in a row.
Can we get rid of one of the two, and also increase the time for a map to show up in voting again?

• Like 1
  • 100 2

Yes it's a bug one of them is the "original" oasis  which is in the "classic maps pack". Maps from this pack can't be added or removed as files, they have to be enabled/disabled. This map was disabled (same for radar) and for some buggy reason it appeared back in the rotation. I can't disable it atm so either we let it be or I remove the "modified" version which is unfortunately the most balanced one. Whatever you guys prefer :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kat0n said:

Yes it's a bug one of them is the "original" oasis  which is in the "classic maps pack". Maps from this pack can't be added or removed as files, they have to be enabled/disabled. This map was disabled (same for radar) and for some buggy reason it appeared back in the rotation. I can't disable it atm so either we let it be or I remove the "modified" version which is unfortunately the most balanced one. Whatever you guys prefer :)

I think I rather prefer people doublejumping the wall than playing Oasis two times in a row. So I vote for removing the modified one, at least for now.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kat0n said:

Well actually I prefer the modified one, seems to be well made and makes more fast-paced gameplay than the original one.

Maybe this is a stupid suggestion but can't we put the 'classic' maps on the server individually so we can actually manage them properly?
Don't know which ones we are actually running atm

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BLAAT said:

Maybe this is a stupid suggestion but can't we put the 'classic' maps on the server individually so we can actually manage them properly?
Don't know which ones we are actually running atm

I don't think so unfortunately... Will ask to be sure

• Like 1
  • 100 1