ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

On 10/26/2019 at 3:30 AM, CabaL said:

The main issue with cortex is it almost requires admins spectating cause when it was in the rotation, people were constantly pushing teammates off.

The other problems were that, firstly, the players did not know the objective, and second, the access was not balanced enough, the advantage was given to the allies ... I remind you, cortex is an uncompleted map...  if someone knows enough to finish it and retouch it, it would be the top (personally, I create the cards, I do not know how to retouch, because lack of knowledge in the decompilation of maps :\ ) ..

The creator stopped at this room.
As we can see in GTKRadiant (3D software designed for E.T maps) behind this wall is another room ;) Too bad it has never been finished..

2019-10-28-010606-cortex_who.thumb.jpg.7d5ce6c4382d9d1156075e3ad6d74ecb.jpg

Edited by Young Fox

15 hours ago, daredevil said:

Helmsdeep is my fav! @tipsy Whats the issue with that one? 

@daredevil  If I'm not wrong , the last allies spawn is wrong. Can't explain exactly how cuz I don't remember , but  Allies shouldn't spawn where they do .  If you still want we can try it for a week on jay1 . If too many complains, we can remove it any time.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Azure Please explain your minas jump. Can u pls make a video? So I can fix it so no one else can do it? Thank you. 

@tipsy Thanks added for 1 week.  Can you please take video where it shouldn't happen and where it should happen so we can fix it up?  If spawn issue is major, i can remove it today and replace it with NFL map suggested in this topic or any another map. 

@Grizzlyoldman  Added

@GGAmerican  I am trying some cortex fixes in my local and if i can make it work, I will add it up.  Also new map voting should be enabled soon so i will add cortex for map voting. 

@THE BEAST  I will add that up once i replace library in next week. So added in next rotation.

@CabaL Romel is added for 0 to 36 players cos of @Meshuggah  suggestion. He is correct on chocking points. 

@CabaL Depot i will try around in next around, once we are done checking helmsdeep. Also kerkaya is gone. 

@DrSpreadem  Kerkaya is removed.  Please provide more alternative suggestions so i can add it up. Thank you. 

@boki - Any other maps u would like to suggest? 

New rotation for now and will be changed again in max 2 weeks. I plan for next week. 

Everyone's feedback is appreciated.

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
et_mor2, 0, 64,
caen2, 0, 40,
fueldump, 0, 64,
mlb_hotchkiss, 28, 54,
venice_ne4, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
pirates, 0, 64,
capuzzo, 12, 52,
et_beach, 0, 64,
fa_italy_b3, 0, 64,
kerkyra, 0, 64,
warbell, 0, 64,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 64,
adlernest, 0, 40,
baserace_desert, 0, 38,
etdo1, 26, 64,
mml_helmsdeep_b4, 0, 64,
bba0-beta2, 26, 64,
transmitter, 12, 32,
teuthonia_final, 0, 44,
braundorf_final, 0, 32,
river_port, 0, 64,
sw_oasis_b3, 0, 32,
fa_temple, 30, 54,
etdo6, 36, 64,
tankbuster, 12, 40,
haunted_mansion, 0, 45,
goldrush-gals, 0, 64,
library_b3, 0, 30,
mml_minastirith_fp3, 40, 64,
rommel_final, 0, 36,

Some more changes - 

1. ET Mor2 map - Roof issue pointed by @Buckwild is fixed. Tank has more health so easier for allies to push once repaired. 

2. Warbell - no more pit jump and/or trick jump. Some roof camping is fixed as well pointed by @Scarface06

3. Minas - From 4th level - jump has been fixed.

4. Gals - In progress - gonna fixing roof camping from allies side on axis spawn. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daredevil said:

@CabaL Depot i will try around in next around, once we are done checking helmsdeep. Also kerkaya is gone. 

@DrSpreadem  Kerkaya is removed.  Please provide more alternative suggestions so i can add it up. Thank you. 

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
et_mor2, 0, 64,
caen2, 0, 40,
fueldump, 0, 64,
mlb_hotchkiss, 28, 54,
venice_ne4, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
pirates, 0, 64,
capuzzo, 12, 52,
et_beach, 0, 64,
fa_italy_b3, 0, 64,
kerkyra, 0, 64,
warbell, 0, 64,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 64,
adlernest, 0, 40,
baserace_desert, 0, 38,
etdo1, 26, 64,
mml_helmsdeep_b4, 0, 64,
bba0-beta2, 26, 64,
transmitter, 12, 32,
teuthonia_final, 0, 44,
braundorf_final, 0, 32,
river_port, 0, 64,
sw_oasis_b3, 0, 32,
fa_temple, 30, 54,
etdo6, 36, 64,
tankbuster, 12, 40,
haunted_mansion, 0, 45,
goldrush-gals, 0, 64,
library_b3, 0, 30,
mml_minastirith_fp3, 40, 64,
rommel_final, 0, 36,

Some more changes - 

1. ET Mor2 map - Roof issue pointed by @Buckwild is fixed. Tank has more health so easier for allies to push once repaired. 

2. Warbell - no more pit jump and/or trick jump. Some roof camping is fixed as well pointed by @Scarface06

3. Minas - From 4th level - jump has been fixed.

4. Gals - In progress - gonna fixing roof camping from allies side on axis spawn. 

Kerkyra still in the list?

Warbell pit jump: This is for axis only right? Or Allies no longer able to double jump for flank?

GALS. One of the things I liked about the F|A version was the lightposts/lighting in the map wasn't as extreme as in Vanilla and GALS version. I will try to post a screenshot later of the GALS version but is it possible to change the lighting?

• 100 1

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, CabaL said:

GALS. One of the things I liked about the F|A version was the lightposts/lighting in the map wasn't as extreme as in Vanilla and GALS version. I will try to post a screenshot later of the GALS version but is it possible to change the lighting?

I personally like the @Smileyyy last version better with much less yellow lights.. but regulars wanted GALS back so we swapped it. Can we please make a list why it was not liked so that smiley can fix it up? For above question @DoubleDragon is much more experienced to answer.. or even smiley...  is that something we can change with mapscript? 

38 minutes ago, CabaL said:

Kerkyra still in the list?

Fixed. Somehow i forgot to nuke it. Shouldn't be their. 

39 minutes ago, CabaL said:

Warbell pit jump: This is for axis only right? Or Allies no longer able to double jump for flank?

Both sides can't jump - 

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Personally theres aspects about both FA and GALS I like. I will try to make a video or a post in own thread detailing aspects about both. I think we should try for a "best of both worlds" kind of thing if that is possible.

Also sad to see that change to pit on Warbell. I loved jumping it as allies and knifing 4-5 unsuspecting axis.

Edited by CabaL
warbell
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GGAmerican said:

Another map I would love to see added to the rotation is the Rhine Bridge map, used to be a classic back in the day as well.

https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=9953

Pretty good map but it needs to have antirush included its far too easy to get through plant then boom

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Just now, DrSpreadem said:

Pretty good map but it needs to have antirush included its far too easy to get through plant then boom

Yeah, that's one thing I do remember, it was easily finished.

PS We have the same avatar backgrounds, hahahaha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GGAmerican said:

What about Daybreak? That used to be good too. 

another good map but it needs fixing to stop players abusing the doublejump to plant and ruin spawns, good map though m8 👍

• Like 2

With Minas u would have to clip a lot of walls but mine jump can also be a problem cause u could exploit other jumps (elk).

In cortex the objective is just too confusing specially if you have those french instructions on limbo. So it can be rushed by those who know it.

Goldrush Gals is a perfect map for public, i don't see any issues.

Daybreak you would have also to clip some walls but with this mine jump crap opens another door for exploits. Also you have the sky clip from the secret room, not sure if you would stay flying or just hit it. Also lags 😕

For other maps i'll always suggest the same but now i'll put just one

http://splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=1563

Edited by Meshuggah

@daredevil  Im little busy so kindly excuse me on being late on providing "proof , ss" or related things late, will try my best to provide u rest of SS in even Also players like map "library" so we should keep it. 

Also the current  "day version" of maraketch need "antirush"  or just replace it with old  night version?  et_mor2_night_final

@MeshuggahActually elk ruins most of the maps with his mine jump or nade jump tricks. and then when we take action on him, he runs to DD and says "other were also doing it and I only have to pay" . 

Yes , if daybreak is loaded on server, then  it needs babysitting, players can jump over damn and plant dyno. 

Edited by tipsy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION